Organised crime thread

• 2 weeks later...

Was sent a link to this today.

Much as it was a terrible crime and a tragedy for the family , now that Thomas Cashman has been arrested for 9 year old Oliva's murder Facebook is having its say and it does not disappoint.

From the comments it looks like a lot knew about him already, he is a hitman and gets £50k per hit. Facebook knows everything 😎

There are 3,500 comments at the moment and it is scary that we breathe the same air as some of them.

There are also loads of unintentionally hilarious comments, long winded posts with no punctuation and Kylie Sweeney, his girlfriend apparently, gets it big time.

Not sure how to link Facebook from the app but if you have it, it is easy to find.

Screenshot_20221004-112226_Facebook.thumb.jpg.3174721050bf7f52907899c078d7f9ae.jpgScreenshot_20221004-111324_Facebook.thumb.jpg.3bb01a72df98b09fc4c5740596eb75e4.jpgScreenshot_20221004-111028_Facebook.thumb.jpg.dd88a5e8707664f64aa7fa3d300a049a.jpg

Hopefully the shooter gets a massive life sentence, the most possible whatever that is. How anyone can try and excuse that is beyond belief.

Id also say the guy who ran into that house who was been chased is a complete shitebag , hes living that life and brings it into some innocents home.  I doubt he can be charged with anything but hes endangering their lifes knowingly

3 hours ago, BigDoddyKane said:

Hopefully the shooter gets a massive life sentence, the most possible whatever that is. How anyone can try and excuse that is beyond belief.

Id also say the guy who ran into that house who was been chased is a complete shitebag , hes living that life and brings it into some innocents home.  I doubt he can be charged with anything but hes endangering their lifes knowingly

I would be very surprised if he is found guilty of murder.  There has to be intent to murder and in this case it would appear to have been a horrific accident. His intent would have been to kill the man he was after and not the innocent child.  He will probably, if convicted, be done with Culpable Homocide but should still receive a lengthy sentence.

3 hours ago, BigDoddyKane said:

Obviously it proved the wrong thing to do the way it turned out, but it's hard to know what I'd be capable of if I was running away from a guy with a gun and saw an open door. 

1 hour ago, Crazy Days said:

I would be very surprised if he is found guilty of murder.  There has to be intent to murder and in this case it would appear to have been a horrific accident. His intent would have been to kill the man he was after and not the innocent child.  He will probably, if convicted, be done with Culpable Homocide but should still receive a lengthy sentence.

how long could he get for that then?

Id disagree with that legal argument and say anyone who takes a gun runs up to a house and fires it round a door blindly would be guilty of murder whoever he kills, it would seem ridiculous to say thats somehow an accident. Though I understand your talking about the legal argument. The law can be absurd though at times.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Obviously it proved the wrong thing to do the way it turned out, but it's hard to know what I'd be capable of if I was running away from a guy with a gun and saw an open door. 

true but your thinking of it through an innocent mans perspective, no idea whats happening

This I would presume is someone living the life, has done something bad enough to most likely know hes under threat of being killed and when the bullets do start flying he runs and hides in some poor completely innocents familys house knowing full well the risk it puts on whoever is there. 

2 hours ago, Crazy Days said:

They may well look at transferred malice, which would cover the accidental death of a third party during an attempt by one party to cause harm to another

3 hours ago, Crazy Days said:

There is no chance of that.

Given you have mentioned Culpable Homicide (Scottish), I’ll stick with the Scots Law definition of murder - “In Scots law, murder occurs when a person takes the life of another either deliberately (with intent) or in circumstances where the accused person exhibits reckless disregard for the life of their victim.”

There is clearly reckless disregard here.  

4 hours ago, Crazy Days said:

Culpable Homicide is Scottish law (I’m not trying to be pedantic).

Also,  you may wish to read about the convictions for murder of three gang members in the shooting of gang member Billy McCullagh.  McCullagh was shot dead by a member of the rival gang who was never traced.  The three gang members convicted of McCullagh’s murder were in the same street gang as McCullagh.  In fact they had all been in the same stolen vehicle looking to shoot a rival gang member.  

The prosecution argued were it not for the plan they had Billy McCullagh would still be alive.  An argument it appears the jury accepted.

Edited by Shadow Play

Interesting story from Ireland - several people involved in the Regency Hotel shooting, where gunman attacked the weigh in of an MTK boxing promotion seeking to kill Daniel Kinahan, have turned States witness against the alleged mastermind of the attack, notorious Irish gangster Gerry “The Monk” Hutch.

Jonathan Dowdall is a former Sinn Fein councillor from Dublin. He and his father plead guilty to facilitating the Regency shooting at an earlier hearing. During raids investigating the Regency shooting a mobile phone was found in their possession which showed a video of Dowdall and his father kidnapping and torturing a man who they suspected was planning to steal from them. Both Dowdall were jailed for more than ten years for this crime.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63115503.amp

• 1 month later...
On 16/09/2022 at 09:52, Shandon Par said:

Or KFC by the look of it. 

It all goes back to the start of this thread. A murder on the streets of Edinburgh where someone who just gets out of jail after spending his adult life there and lives in council flat is handing out five figure sums to maim and murder friends of the leader of a rival organisation. Doesn’t even get questioned or charged for it. 

Came across this thread while checking and keeping my self updated on baigries latest court appearance at the High court  and found your comment amusing however being  a local I wanted to correct you 

Quite the contrary lives in a well to do area in a bought house and the neighbours are happy to have the current peace 

Edited by Llyodwbber
Spelling mistakes