Organised crime thread

32 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Curtis Warren was both exceptionally clever criminal and thick as f**k.

I listened to some of the BBC podcast about him and some of the romanticising of him and his business was glaring. One community activist spoke about him as though he was some sort of local lad made good - the guy was a ruthless killer. He paid a corrupt policeman for details on the families of drug squad officers, including details of where their children went to nursery. 

Warren will be getting out later this year apparently. He’ll probably end up doing a podcast.

“What we now know is that those involved in serious and organised crime are being significantly disrupted and are fed up and frustrated by the increased policing activity. We are making these areas toxic to those who commit crime, and we know they don’t like it. However, we make no apology for that. I said we would bare our teeth and that is precisely what we are doing.”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/sep/01/two-guns-used-olivia-pratt-korbel-shooting-police-say

Merseyside Police are making crime illegal until someone grasses the gunman.

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Couldn't afford to pay the instalments on their advertising board at NDP despite the vodka firm making £300,000 per day over 18 months.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scots-arrested-spain-money-laundering-27997054

Meanwhile Daniel Kinahan is supposedly knocking  on the door of any Asian country who might let him in after doing a runner from Dubai.

image.thumb.png.b14c84d137d342eadef5610459c7d6bd.png

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/daniel-kinahan-flees-dubai-bolthole-27966076#

All that squabbling is seriously bad for business, be careful out there dotters..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hutch–Kinahan_feud

7 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Couldn't afford to pay the instalments on their advertising board at NDP despite the vodka firm making £300,000 per day over 18 months.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scots-arrested-spain-money-laundering-27997054

I am always amazed at the stupidity of some criminals - I mean, that pair must have had a truckload of cash already from their years in the laundering business - anyone thinking strategically might say "right, we have had a gid run, time to sit by the pool and stay under the radar".

...............or, you could set up a system where the Spanish think they may have been responsible for laundering another €173,000,000 - which, unsurprisingly has brought them right into the spotlight.

Or maybe they just spent it all on flash cars and watches?

7 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

On Thursday, the Civil Guard released footage of the bald-headed Morrisey sat bare-chested in a pair of tropical shorts in a chair as police searched his home.

WTF

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

I am always amazed at the stupidity of some criminals - I mean, that pair must have had a truckload of cash already from their years in the laundering business - anyone thinking strategically might say "right, we have had a gid run, time to sit by the pool and stay under the radar".

...............or, you could set up a system where the Spanish think they may have been responsible for laundering another €173,000,000 - which, unsurprisingly has brought them right into the spotlight.

Or KFC by the look of it. 

It all goes back to the start of this thread. A murder on the streets of Edinburgh where someone who just gets out of jail after spending his adult life there and lives in council flat is handing out five figure sums to maim and murder friends of the leader of a rival organisation. Doesn’t even get questioned or charged for it. 

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

I'm not sure how easy it is to retire from such a business

Yeah, if you are laundering money for drug cartels and you decide to retire you are going to disrupt their business.  Also, they may have laundered hundreds of millions but their own take would be smaller - maybe they needed the money.

Johnny Morrissey is reputedly a hitman/enforcer for the Kinahan's as well as a money guy.  I wonder if he'll end up being charged with any violent crimes.

10 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:
11 hours ago, Leith Green said:
Aye, thats probably true - continue or die maybe?

I'm sure with millions you could quite easily f**k off to some Peruvian mountain village and live out the rest of your years in peace.

Not if they send Paddington after you. He has Peruvian connections and has already done the Queen in...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.stv.tv/west-central/derek-felvus-thomas-duris-and-james-baillie-sentenced-for-murder-of-graham-williamson-in-south-lanarkshire%3Famp

Surprised this has went below the radar, Lanarkshire clearly not important enough. Wee DJ Felvus used to go to the Accies games 

6 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

first post on here and last.

You get deep in power (money), your friends become partners, your  partners become your rivals. No love in money.

Take care folks 

Hmm,  Peru or maybe Thailand.      Sounds like the voice of experience.    

On 16/09/2022 at 14:43, DiegoDiego said:
On 16/09/2022 at 13:17, Leith Green said:
Aye, thats probably true - continue or die maybe?

I'm sure with millions you could quite easily f**k off to some Peruvian mountain village and live out the rest of your years in peace.

I think it's more a case that once you reach a certain level of involvement with these people, they won't simply let you walk away with all the knowledge you have of them and their operation

43 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

I think it's more a case that once you reach a certain level of involvement with these people, they won't simply let you walk away with all the knowledge you have of them and their operation

I heard from someone who should have been in the know that retired IRA, MI6 and assorted crime figures could move to Malta as a kind of sanctuary where you would be left alone, back in the eighties, so long as you didn't get involved again or break local laws. There was a kind of informal truce to protect each other. If it ever existed it probably didn't last very long, especially if gangsters were expected to honour it. Maybe it was just for terrorists and spooks.