Another St Johnstone European Tour!

Steve McQueen

Translated from the original on the Galatasaray website

Coach Fatih Terim: “The atmosphere does not scare us”
Galatasaray Football A Team Coach Fatih Terim, who will be played in the UEFA Europa League Third Qualifying Round, St. Johnstone went before the members of the press before the match. Our coach, who answered the questions of the press members at the video-conference meeting, answered the question about his preference for the goalkeeper position and the fact that Radamel Falcao was not included in the squad as follows:

"Tomorrow, İsmail Çipe will play in the goalkeeper position. You ask about Falcao before and after every match, and I answer. There is a reason why he was not taken. You can accept it as a technical reason. It is better to call it a technical decision."

Asked how he found the Scottish team in the first match, Fatih Terim said, "St. Johnstone did not surprise me at all. Because they were a contact team. I said this before the match. I also told how the match would go. The match went pretty much as I thought until we were 10 people left. In the second half. The red card at the beginning changed the shape of the game. I also saw that I was not mistaken in my pre-match thoughts. A team that struggles a lot, plays one-on-one, contact play very well, and does not accept it. I don't think the match will be very different here either. There was nothing very surprising in the first match for me. "It is a disadvantage for us to lose our goalkeeper and captain at the beginning of the half. The key to such matches is the first 10-15 minutes. We also found 2-3 clear positions in these minutes. We could not use them. If we had used them, we could have come to this away game in a completely different way." gave the answer.

About what kind of atmosphere he expects in Scotland, our coach said, "The flags have been prepared and put on the seats. They will play at full capacity. I hope one day we will play that way as well. We do not have some things that will be in our favor, but our opponents will play with full capacity audiences here for the first time. It wasn't full, but now it is. The atmosphere is sure to be very lively and lively. We've played a lot of games here. I've played a lot of games in Scotland, England, Ireland, Wales. We know you'll be an ardent fan. "We are used to it. I wish everyone a good day for football. And it will be. They never scare us. These are good things. I hope these beauties in football will be reflected on the field." made the statement.

Wishing that the temperature difference between Turkey and Scotland would not affect the players, Fatih Terim said, "There is a 20-degree difference between where we come from and here. As you can see, I'll have a coat. It's raining. We came here with a temperature of 36-40 degrees. There is a difference that can surprise a person. "It won't be easy. We got used to the heat so much that we're cold here. It's good to play in rainy or cool weather, but I hope the climate difference doesn't affect us too much." said.

Callum Davidson is a cool customer and will get the tone right but it'll be interesting to see how we approach the game. 

Big crowd, they don't travel well, do you go after them in the first 10 minutes to try and rattle them? 

But then over there, we could have been a couple down inside that period, so do you instead make sure you start tight and grow into the match? 

Still not sure what I think he'll do with the team or what is best. Would he pretty sure he'll go with Booth so really just two places up for grabs when you add Wotherspoon, McCann and Kane to the back five and keeper. Two from Davidson, O'Halloran, May and Craig you'd guess. 

May starts, he can cause issues with their defence. If only his confidence in front of goal was back we’d be laughing.

Davidson or Craig intrigued me. Davidson is better for winning midfield battles, but Craig is more composed on the ball and would be the man for any set pieces.

33 minutes ago, Radford said:

Callum Davidson is a cool customer and will get the tone right but it'll be interesting to see how we approach the game. 

Big crowd, they don't travel well, do you go after them in the first 10 minutes to try and rattle them? 

But then over there, we could have been a couple down inside that period, so do you instead make sure you start tight and grow into the match? 

Still not sure what I think he'll do with the team or what is best. Would he pretty sure he'll go with Booth so really just two places up for grabs when you add Wotherspoon, McCann and Kane to the back five and keeper. Two from Davidson, O'Halloran, May and Craig you'd guess. 

Might well try the high press for the first 5-10 minutes to get the crowd right into it and see if we can unsettle them.  Davidson has always been fairly measured in his approach though, and patient about when we break teams down.  First and foremost I'd expect him to want us to stay in the game level as long as possible.  

I think he'll select the same team as last Thursday night, but if there is a change it'll be MOH out and either May in beside Kane, or Craig in as an extra midfielder.  I'd keep it the same eleven.

I know football changes dramatically in 12 months but Galatasaray were very ordinary when we played them at Ibrox last season and St Johnstone made them look the same last week. That's not to say the expectation is with St Johnstone to win, Galatasaray are a team filled with multi-millions of pounds worth of talent, but I give you guys a real good fighting chance here.

As mentioned on the main St Johnstone thread, Boey seemed to be their danger man from the first leg so if Davidson can hatch a plan to nullify him, which he is more than capable of, then that'll go a long way.

Good luck tonight St Johnstone. 

I am looking forward to sitting down to watch this match tonight far more than for any club match not involving my team  (Aberdeen) for years. 

Exciting stuff!

Hopefully wins all round for Scottish clubs tonight!

Edited by Merkie84
Spelling