Dundee FC vs Kilmarnock FC & Kilmarnock FC vs Dundee FC

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

mind mind is blown that people still fancy Killie to go through even after than last night. They'd honestly struggle to stay up in the Championship

Killie were murder last night but I don't think they'll be as bad again on Monday.

I think Dundee will have to score on Monday to make sure they win overall as I don't see them keeping a clean sheet. 

3 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Killie were murder last night but I don't think they'll be as bad again on Monday.

I think Dundee will have to score on Monday to make sure they win overall as I don't see them keeping a clean sheet. 

I didn't think we were that great last night and we still battered them. Killie offered absolutely nothing, it's not as if you could see what they were trying to do and they just didn't play well. All they had was a hoof up to Lafferty - that's exactly what our 2 centre halves want.

5 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I didn't think we were that great last night and we still battered them. Killie offered absolutely nothing, it's not as if you could see what they were trying to do and they just didn't play well. All they had was a hoof up to Lafferty - that's exactly what our 2 centre halves want.

I've seen Killie play worse this year actually, they were utterly woeful in the 2-0 in Paisley in February albeit noLafferty and Burke was on the bench. 

As long as McPake continues to attack, particularly down the wings at the fullbacks, it should pin back Burke and Pinnock. Plus Adam is far better than Power or Dicker. 

14 hours ago, The Derry said:

I can't believe there's people that watched that game tonight that think Killie will stay up.  If not for that lucky break of the ball they'd being as well not even turning up on Monday.

Tie over, we're up. 

Killie play much better at home. Factor in they'll have fans there and will he on a "high" after scoring the goal up there, I genuinely think theyll win and fairly convincingly. Sad to say you'll be playing us again next season champ 

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

Killie play much better at home. Factor in they'll have fans there and will he on a "high" after scoring the goal up there, I genuinely think theyll win and fairly convincingly. Sad to say you'll be playing us again next season champ 

I'll be honest champ, I couldn't care less what you think.

Thank you.

31 minutes ago, GAD said:

That Killie goal did feel like a big momentum shift.

Quick question, how big is a 'momentum shift' if the "second half" is 4 days away? Regardless of what result could have happened last night, we take an advantage into the 2nd leg and Kilmarnock do not. That's merely a bonus imo, Monday needs to be seen as a must-win game anyway, even if it technically isn't.

4 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I think you actually are a Killie fan.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Quick question, how big is a 'momentum shift' if the "second half" is 4 days away? Regardless of what result could have happened last night, we take an advantage into the 2nd leg and Kilmarnock do not. That's merely a bonus imo, Monday needs to be seen as a must-win game anyway, even if it technically isn't.

I think you actually are a Killie fan.

Christ almighty, what a thought 😬 nah I just try and do reverse psychology. I hope by saying Killie will win that the opposite will happen and you hammer them on Monday. The Prem needs the Dundee derby and the championship needs the Ayrshire one 

Kilmarnock for years have been consistently finishing higher than St Mirren and as a result earning more revenue by finishing in the top 6, qualifying for Europe and opening up three sides of their stadium to milk the bigot pound. They have done this while over spending and incurring large debts.

Hearts are coming back up this year. Dundee will also bring a large support to Paisley.

It would not surprise me if Broadfoot, Dicker, Power, Lafferty and Burke are all on high wages in comparison to the majority of our team. I’d imagine that the Tommy Wright is earning a larger wage than Jim Goodwin.

Feck them. It’s about time they were relegated and experienced four derbies against Ayr United.

If they get relegated we can get rid of another plastic pitch. St Mirren and the other top flight clubs should start a campaign to remove those pitches from our top league. 

Charlie Adam and Paul McGowan are still legends at our club. Broadfoot was but he is a snake.

Plus their pies are overrated. [emoji112] bye byeeeee Killie. [emoji481] 

C’mon Dundee. Get right about them and drive a stake through their cheating hearts. 

The three sides of the stadium were given to Celtic on one occasion when they were odds on to win the league against us and to avoid supporters mixing.

Although not ideal it did make sense and wasn't half as embarrassing as, say, opening up a club shop for them in our own stadium.

22 minutes ago, energyzone said:

The three sides of the stadium were given to Celtic on one occasion when they were odds on to win the league against us and to avoid supporters mixing.

Although not ideal it did make sense and wasn't half as embarrassing as, say, opening up a club shop for them in our own stadium.

Just ignore the trolling fud.

8 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

I don't think I've ever been as angry after a Killie game. CQN was bad, but at least it followed a positive season and was part of a knockout tournament we had done well to qualify for. In a massive relegation battle at the end of a disgraceful season, that performance last night was rank fucking rotten.

Starting 11 the same useless b*****ds who have us in this mess. By all means don't mess with the front 4 who have been banging the goals in, but the losers behind them cannot keep getting picked. Doyle is an absolute liability. The back 4 stinks. Power has come on to a game recently, but you need someone young with a bit of pace and drive in there beside him - not Grampa Gary. The threat of Charlie Adam was talked about ad nauseum in the lead-up. You pick McKenzie or Tsh, even Dabo, someone who's going to not give him a minute. Not Dicker who stands holding the door open for him because his legs have gone and he's a lazy shit. Adam instrumental at both goals and far too many players culpable for that.

Millen fails to track the runner for the first goal, Broadfoot and Rossi standing watching it all go down. If Doyle gets a stronger hand to it it's round the post for a corner. No one who's been watching this season could be surprised Haunstrup was second to react; the team lacks heart, drive, passion.

I still back Wright, but I'm getting increasingly angry at stuff he's blind to. Picking the same fucking donkeys who have been stinking out the club for a couple of years. Watching dreadful performances from certain characters and not making the changes needed. For 70 minutes or so we continued to play an absolutely tragic brand of hoofball and he did nothing to change that. It turned Lafferty - the in-form striker of the Premiership - into an absolute passenger.

The second goal brings us on to Gary Dicker, a cancer at the club. He sums up everything that is wrong. Has zero pace, doesn't seem to care, can't do the basics any more, takes no responsibility or leadership (and he's captain!), makes mistakes then shouts at younger members of the team. An absolute joke of a mistake, compounded by a light jog to get back that turned in to a slow, disinterested walk. He plays walking football, badly.

There was a huge slice of fortune about our goal and how the ball fell for Haunstrup after a good tackle, but I'll take it. I said before the game I would take a draw or even a one goal defeat, in the hope we can 'do a Falkirk'. The late goal in that first leg vs Falkirk was a blow, but it kept it tight enough that we could go out and take the game to them. The tie was by when our second goal went in 10 minutes in to the game. The current squad of players owe us a performance like that.

Dundee must be absolutely kicking themselves. Our worst performance of the season, by far - they got their tactics spot on, come out at us and attack from the off, exploit our patently obvious weaknesses. On last night's shambles of a game, we could not have complained if they had won 3 or 4 or 5-0. That they somehow only won by one goal could be the difference between them winning the tie or not - they should have been out of sight, and we would have been dead and buried.

If Dicker starts on Monday, I might stick the game off. Feel similar about Doyle and Broadfoot. We cannot continue to pick these total wastes of space. ANY other midfielder at the club would be a better option than Dicker. Medley is prone to mistakes but would clearly be less of a liability than "Broaders". Rogers is the lesser of two evils.

Nervous ahead of Monday and increasingly making my peace with the fact we are going to go down. Within the first 10 or 15 minutes of Monday's game we will know if we have any chance whatsoever. The attitude and performance needs to be right from the off.

At least the track and trace isolating (for no reason at all) after testing negative isn't affecting you at all. 

😆

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

11 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

I'd actually forgotten just how annoying all this "Thank you" pish is.

Thank fcuk we wont have to share a forum with them next year, regardless of the result on Monday.

Thank you. 

No thank you.

Thank you.