Next to go?

13 hours ago, virginton said:

I'd take an IDF XI over Clyde in the play-off match. 

Committing a televised ethnic cleansing > Playing ex-Rangers players in a friendly over a decade ago.

It's the world according to viking-TON!

Edited by Clyde_MM

3 hours ago, gordon9736 said:

How about another scenario that I've not seen mentioned (I think). What happens if Edinburgh City decide that they can't continue at a national level and drop out? Would team 42 stay up? Would team 42 and HL and LL winners play a mini league between themselves with the first and second going into L2?

That's odd, some Edinburgh City fans thought Elgin might get fed up and go back to the Highland League. 

6 hours ago, gordon9736 said:

We might end back there due to footballing reasons, not financial ones.

I worry that the cost of keeping us up, if that transpires to be the case, in future years.

I think Clyde are gubbed. They get an occasional good performance, but in the games that matter they shit the bed.

There is no way they will win a play-off against Brechin City or East Kilbride.

Edited by Cosmic Joe

5 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I think Clyde are gubbed. They get an occasional good performance, but in the games that matter they shit the bed.

There is no way they will win a play-off against Brechin City or East Kilbride.

I don't understand this, doesn't every game matter? They've got more going for them than Bonnyrigg IMO.

13 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

I don't understand this, doesn't every game matter? They've got more going for them than Bonnyrigg IMO.

That's all well and good if you weren't  six points behind and counting with a basket case of a manager..

31 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

That's all well and good if you weren't  six points behind and counting with a basket case of a manager..

Even IF I was a Clyde supporter, that would be a strange reply.

It’s difficult to feel a certain way going into a play off like that one we probably will. It’s a feeling that I never wished to feel, but probably will. Even though there’s enough games and points to turn it around, the feeling we will end up in this fixture is too strong. Really sad, 25 years ago I started to support Clyde for being my local team. Now 31, it would feel really fucking shit to lose my team if we lose this game, if we end up here.

Starting to get concerning, after we beat Clyde I fully expected us to turn the corner, the win over Dumbarton gave me the same hope but, yet again left disappointed. 
A dreaded trip to East Fife next week, we really don’t keep well there. 
One plus is we still have Clyde and Bonnyrigg to face.

21 minutes ago, Mattmc said:

Starting to get concerning, after we beat Clyde I fully expected us to turn the corner, the win over Dumbarton gave me the same hope but, yet again left disappointed. 
A dreaded trip to East Fife next week, we really don’t keep well there. 
One plus is we still have Clyde and Bonnyrigg to face.

I think use just might be alright. As Bonnyrigg look like a team that’s struggling. Although it’s going to be a 3 team dog fight

You'd have to say that Bonnyrigg aren't looking too hot, and that's putting it rather politely; just one win in their last twelve league games, and that came in a midweek home game against Elgin - at the time, perhaps the assignment in the division. Theirs is a squad lacking quality in key areas and they'll have to turn the corner very quickly to save themselves - two points in eight games is truly horrendous form in such a nip and tuck league and a repeat of this will surely see them waving bye-bye to League Two.

Stranraer seem to have the capacity to pull the odd win out of the hat, and I think that may well see them safe if they manage to avoid defeat against Bonnyrigg in two weeks' time; that's beginning to look like an absolutely gigantic game for both sides, with another to follow the week later when they visit Clyde.

Clyde themselves continue to be a tad unconvincing with a soft centre persisting, alongside a complete inability to keep clean sheets; it's hard to ignore the recent turnaround in form, however, and of the three sides the momentum is clearly with them.

It's going to be a captivating end to the season as things cement themselves further up the table; I can't shake the feeling that some of the sides from 1st to 7th are going to play a big part in this scrap at the bottom whenever affairs are settled up there, not dissimilar to when the house robots go rogue in Robot Wars.

My ideal scenario would be for Brechin to win the HL/LL playoff against East Kilbride. Can’t see either of them not winning their respective leagues. Although I’m originally from EK, i can’t bring myself to like them. They are another Gretna/Kelty/Edinburgh City. Fling money at it and it’ll work. Not if nobody is interested it won’t. EK can barely muster 200 fans when they are winning every week. Edinburgh and Kelty are stinking out League 1 with shite performances and crowds of 300 odd. 

To be honest, as long as Clyde stay up, I’d see everything else as secondary. However, I’d rather Stranraer than Bonnyrigg and Brechin than EK. Firstly, Clyde need to keep winning of course. 

2 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

An astounding lack of self awareness

Why is that then ? If you are referring to Clyde splashing a bit of cash to save themselves, then this is completely different from the scenario I’m describing. I’m led to believe btw that the cash being splashed isn’t from a benefactor but the club’s own funds. Please explain. 

2 minutes ago, sydney said:

Why is that then ? If you are referring to Clyde splashing a bit of cash to save themselves, then this is completely different from the scenario I’m describing. I’m led to believe btw that the cash being splashed isn’t from a benefactor but the club’s own funds. Please explain. 

A mystery benefactor is splashing the cash.

Just now, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

A mystery benefactor is splashing the cash.

Sorry, but you’ve no idea what’s going on. You are trolling and wide of the mark so best give that one up. 
Btw, The fact that Clyde are still in existence despite the many challenges we have faced over the years and the fact that we still attract more than the likes of Kelty, Edinburgh and EK despite being rock bottom and complete shite for 2-3 years tells a story.