League Cup Group H: Saints, Pars, Thistle, Stenny, Dumbarton

Lex

Next up Partick Thistle in Paisley a club I quite like they like Saints live in the shadow of the two dark side clubs. However McCall for some reason has a bee in his bunnet  about Saints where it came from I have no idea. Would love Saints to give him a sore one then to hear the shite he comes away with is always fun.  Sorry Thistle fans the guy is a grade one  p - I - k 
McCall hates us, we hate him. Feeling is mutual.

My favourite McCall moment in recent years was him celebrating a draw against us with Ayr in our great escape season, only for them to finish bottom by 6 points [emoji1]. It wasn't even a fist pump. He was going wild walking over to the Ayr fans giving us the GIRUY. Bizarre but was to be expected.

McCall hates us, we hate him. Feeling is mutual.

My favourite McCall moment in recent years was him celebrating a draw against us with Ayr in our great escape season, only for them to finish bottom by 6 points [emoji1]. It wasn't even a fist pump. He was going wild walking over to the Ayr fans giving us the GIRUY. Bizarre but was to be expected.

I've actually got a lot of time for McCall but hes an odd guy, no question.

I've actually got a lot of time for McCall but hes an odd guy, no question.
He comes across well whenever I've heard him on Sportsound. One of the few who talk sense.

It goes back over 20 years for me anyway, don't know if older Saints fans know how it all started [emoji23]

He comes across well whenever I've heard him on Sportsound. One of the few who talk sense.

It goes back over 20 years for me anyway, don't know if older Saints fans know how it all started [emoji23]

I’m sure it started when he was manager at Clydebank around the time we beat them 8-0. Tom Hendrie wound him up - like he wound up everyone - and he’s carried that grudge in the two decades since.

McCall almost crying with rage when he talked about SPFL and SFA officials being “banned” from their League 1 title celebrations was hilarious.

Like anyone could possibly give a f**k. He must have been feeling especially tired and emotional that day.

We haven’t exactly made a barrel load of chances so being 3-0 at half time is good going. We look like a well-organised, coherent side, without having to get out of second gear. Stenny, however, have been poor. Individually there are some neat and tidy players but they don’t really look like they’ve played together before. Don’t think I’ve seen so many misplaced passes from one team before.

Expect Kennedy and Pybus to come on before the hour mark, interested to see how they fit into this system.

Dunfermline are through as either a best runner up or group winners.
We will win the group if we avoid defeat to Thistle tomorrow.
If we lose by between three and seven goals we will go out in third place and Thistle will go through as a best runner up. If Thistle beat us by eight or more goals they will win the group.
If we lose by one or two goals we will go through as a best runner up and Thistle will go out on goal difference.
Basically we’re through unless we get humped.

How did the new lads play? 

Cole had a couple of heavy first touches but other than that he had decent energy and looked comfortable on the ball. Kennedy looked sharp, nice change of pace and keen to take a player on.

Pybus was fairly anonymous when he came on, Todd and Allan were much the same.

Dunfermline scoring for fun. From our point of view Wedderburn missed tackle for 1st and failed to track back with his man for the 4th. 2nd and 3rd utter defensive shambles. Hope we have the cheap goals out of our system now before league starts.  We need a wind muff on the microphone for after match interview.

16 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Very similar to last week. Comfortable win but a poor goal to concede.

Still feel we will find it harder to play like that against better sides but our fantastic record at this stage continues.

I have to say, I almost enjoyed watching Dunfermline take us apart last week. 

Maybe enjoy isn't the right word, but you know what I mean. Todorov, O'Hara and Wighton (who I absolutely love watching fwiw) really have a bit of everything, and Dom Thomas was strolling around midfield like prime Thiago Alcantara. Kyle MacDonald's delivery was different class as well; and with Kennedy added to that attacking mix it's difficult not to see you guys scoring plenty this season.

I just watched the highlights from yesterday there, and it looks like a very similar performance. The Pars look like scoring every time they go forward, they knock the ball about really nicely and have some superb players technically. I suppose the only concern will be the ease at which we scored last week and Stenny scored this week. But if you're scoring four or five then you can afford to let a few in! 

54 minutes ago, Elric said:

Dunfermline scoring for fun. From our point of view Wedderburn missed tackle for 1st and failed to track back with his man for the 4th. 2nd and 3rd utter defensive shambles. Hope we have the cheap goals out of our system now before league starts.  We need a wind muff on the microphone for after match interview.

We had one, haven't a clue where it went though