League Cup Group H: Saints, Pars, Thistle, Stenny, Dumbarton

Lex

31 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

St Mirren were miles ahead of us, but did look a bit toothless up front.

🤦‍♂️ FFS not again.

I didn't see the game, tbf, but understand we had a decent number of attempts on goal. Hopefully it's just a case of a group of strikers who are new to each other starting to click (including Brophy in that because of his injury).

The idea of us being comfortable in these group stage matches is a big step up from where we've been in previous years. I'd imagine Covid is affecting the prep of teams such as Dunfermline that have caused us a lot of problems in the LC in the past. At this stage I'd settle for just looking solid and well-organised and hope that the goals will come.

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

Thankfully we will have another 8-9 players available through return from injury and new signings yet to come in. There's guys in that team that are not good enough for our championship campaign never mind playing St Mirren.

Yet again, I really don't see why folk rate Edwards. Ripped again by the right winger, he then has his customary slack pass which nearly cost us a goal, Allan and Pybus were awful in midfield too. Slack passing from the back. I just wasn't the type of game to persist with the passing out from the back style, particularly when we have not yet recruited players who are comfortable/capable of  playing that way.

St Mirren were miles ahead of us, but did look a bit toothless up front.

To be fair Henderson has been outstanding on the right ever since stepping up from the academy.  Henderson has a big future in the game it won't be long before big clubs come calling.  

3 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Yet again, I really don't see why folk rate Edwards. Ripped again by the right winger, he then has his customary slack pass which nearly cost us a goal, 

No idea, how's a lower end championship player, top end league 1 player at the very best. Everytime we played on TV and I'd have it one blokes who don't know the team would comment that our left back was awful, because he is. 

2 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

To be fair Henderson has been outstanding on the right ever since stepping up from the academy.  Henderson has a big future in the game it won't be long before big clubs come calling.  

To be fair Edwards is pish. 

14 hours ago, VinnyPar said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned already but we’ve confirmed ParsTV will show the game - link to register here - https://live.parstv.co.uk/

Is this a Pixellot job or have you gone old fashioned with a human camera man? Hope it comes with extremely biased commentary too. 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Is this a Pixellot job or have you gone old fashioned with a human camera man? Hope it comes with extremely biased commentary too. 

Cameraman, the quality blew hot and cold last season but it’s a solid enough stream. The commentary however leaves a lot to be desired and could be a lot better.

23 hours ago, VinnyPar said:

The commentary however leaves a lot to be desired and could be a lot better.

That’s extremely charitable of you. The commentary is painful and I had to watch games on mute last season.

Anyway, I managed to get a ticket for today’s game so thankfully I won’t have to worry about streaming anything 😎

I actually quite like the commentary.

They have their moments, but their knowledge of the opposing teams is generally really good and they try hard to be fairly objective.

Also, I'm an ex-pat, so I kind of have to like it.

Stone, McKenna and Rudden start for the Jags with Sneddon and Tiffoney dropping to the bench.

No O'Ware in the squad this afternoon - dropped or rested as Scally said that only Brownlie and Gordon are injured.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

2 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Good decision to ignore this, and I'll be doing the same for the Thistle game.

Shambolic defending from our centre halves and Sam not covering himself in glory at the first but we've been okay with the ball tbh, players still keen to keep the ball on the deck but no real cutting edge in the final third. Desperately need a striker in pronto, Syvertsen and Hopkirk are not that but will be very useful off the wings at League 1 level I think. 

Shambolic defending from our centre halves and Sam not covering himself in glory at the first but we've been okay with the ball tbh, players still keen to keep the ball on the deck but no real cutting edge in the final third. Desperately need a striker in pronto, Syvertsen and Hopkirk are not that but will be very useful off the wings at League 1 level I think. 

The only thing that kept Hopkirk from being a regular starter in League One for us (2015/16 - previous seasons simply didn’t happen) was the quality of the other strikers like Moffat, Ryan Wallace and El Bakhtaoui. Unless he has regressed in the last 4-5 years, he should be a decent player for you and contribute to some goals.