League Cup Group H: Saints, Pars, Thistle, Stenny, Dumbarton

Lex

3 hours ago, smpar said:

Thistle looked a decent price at 29/20 yesterday, 11/8 now. That’d be my tip for the day since our squad is piss thin.

1 hour ago, We Are Pars Fans! said:

Aye thistle are a cracking price, we’ve no even got a midfield

You've jinxed us.

3-1 now! ☹️

6 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Is Mehmet to be your first choice goalie? He looks an absolute bombscare with his distribution 

His distribution doesn't look great but he's made a couple of decent stops. 

4-1, fantastic finish by Todorov, more hilarious defending by Thistle, Steven Bell looks absolutely done. 

The centre backs have been shite but Holt hasn't helped by spending the game either a yard in front or a yard behind them and fucking any attempt at playing anyone offside.

Only positive about the defence is that by the time the league season starts I'd imagine neither centre back or the keeper will be in the side.

4 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

His distribution doesn't look great but he's made a couple of decent stops. 

4-1, fantastic finish by Todorov, more hilarious defending by Thistle, Steven Bell looks absolutely done. 

Bell is part-time and, at his age, probably needs a bit more time to get fully fit. McCall suggested that he would be a squad member (cover rather than a starter) this reason.

O'Ware has been out for a long time and will lack match fitness too. With Brownlie out for months, this performance confirms that we need two CBs and a full-back before the league starts.

8 minutes ago, 101 said:

Can't believe he's still getting a game at this level, I thought McCall punted him at Ayr?

Bell sorted our defensive problems last season when it looked like we would fail to make the play-offs.

As posted above, he's part-time cover this season.

22 hours ago, jagfox BLM said:

Probably Jim Goodwin’s biggest away win as manager. Congratulations St Murn....

From the poster that gave us the St Mirren Relegation Express thread shortly before we got promoted and Thistle got double relegated.

Screenshot_20210710-164843.png

Edited by Coventry Saint

27 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Bell is part-time and, at his age, probably needs a bit more time to get fully fit. McCall suggested that he would be a squad member (cover rather than a starter) this reason.

O'Ware has been out for a long time and will lack match fitness too. With Brownlie out for months, this performance confirms that we need two CBs and a full-back before the league starts.

The problem with cover is occasionally they have to play. 

Good result for progression. 

We look good going forward. If we can find a defence that look as if they’ve ever met before, that’d be very helpful.

Definitely need some new players and some more game time for a few of the existing players who looked well off it.I’d be quite pleased if Tam O’Ware doesn’t play for us again, but that seems unlikely.

And having rewatched the third Pars goal, it’s a shocker from Sneddon.

5 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

We look good going forward. If we can find a defence that look as if they’ve ever met before, that’d be very helpful.

Definitely need some new players and some more game time for a few of the existing players who looked well off it.I’d be quite pleased if Tam O’Ware doesn’t play for us again, but that seems unlikely.

And having rewatched the third Pars goal, it’s a shocker from Sneddon.

McCall said something similar in his pre-match interview and did not seem confident. He probably realises that, with Brownlie out for a while, that the defence is not good enough for the Championship.

O'Ware has just returned from injury and has had a very limited pre-season. I'm not his greatest fan but recognise that he'll be rusty after almost a year out. The big question is who, with decent experience at our level, is available?

Stone, if he's as good as McCall says he is, will probably be our first choice keeper this season. I would have been happy to see Wright back.