Who will be the Banter Kings of Scottish Football 2021-22

4 hours ago, DC92 said:

- Sacking our manager in August after the ignominy of losing a meaningless penalty shootout to Dunfermline at Tynecastle, having already had our exit from the League Cup confirmed.

- Going on a weeks-long manager search - interviewing Steve McClaren - before we discovered that "the right man was just along the corridor", and Craig Levein hired Craig Levein.

- Forgetting to order seats for our new stand, delaying the opening by several weeks.

- "Regrets? No, it's a good laugh isn't it?"

Things quietened down a bit towards the end of the season, but the healthy (unassailable?) lead built in August and September makes Heart of Midlothian a worthy nomination for Banter Kings 2017/18.

I've added them. Think this needs a vote or something as I don't feel qualified to judge. 

2020-21 Celtic  (The 'Heart Of Midlothian Tribute Award for Outstanding Season Finale' goes to Falkirk)

2019-20 Hearts

2018-19 Falkirk/ Dundee

2017-18 Brechin City/ Hearts

2016-17 Dundee United/ Inverness CT

2015-16 Rangers

2014-15 Rangers

2013-14 Hibs

2012-13 Rangers

2011-12 Rangers

17 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I've added them. Think this needs a vote or something as I don't feel qualified to judge. 

2020-21 Celtic  (The 'Heart Of Midlothian Tribute Award for Outstanding Season Finale' goes to Falkirk)

2019-20 Hearts

2018-19 Falkirk/ Dundee

2015-16 Rangers

2014-15 Rangers

2013-14 Hibs

2012-13 Rangers

2011-12 Rangers

The clubs need to win points for this imo.

For instance 5 points per tear stained statement.

1 point per tear stained thread created on individual club forums.

3 points for every back page minter headline.

Etc...

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

Aberdeen are so boring I'm not sure they have enough of a personality as a club to have a banter season. 

This. They just bore the tits aff everybody as is. A massive club who have underachiever for quite some time. The banter bit was (apparently) handing McInnes £17k a week.

That he's now been fucked off and replaced by somebody who used to trim the owners shrubbery in America isn't banter. Its pretty much expected and that's why they can never excite others enough to bother about them. 

Blockhead tries his hardest but he'll only manage so much more heidering walls until his body gives up and he passes out, IMO. 

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

The clubs need to win points for this imo.

For instance 5 points per tear stained statement.

1 point per tear stained thread created on individual club forums.

3 points for every back page minter headline.

Etc...

f**k me, just hand the title to Rangers now.

6 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

This. They just bore the tits aff everybody as is. A massive club who have underachiever for quite some time. The banter bit was (apparently) handing McInnes £17k a week.

That he's now been fucked off and replaced by somebody who used to trim the owners shrubbery in America isn't banter. Its pretty much expected and that's why they can never excite others enough to bother about them. 

Blockhead tries his hardest but he'll only manage so much more heidering walls until his body gives up and he passes out, IMO. 

£17k a week. 😂😂😂

21 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

A rumour circulated mostly by folk desperate to get him sacked. 

Tbf I think that came from a Sun article back when Sunderland were interested.

Claimed his wage was increased to £900k a year, which is ~£17k a week.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf I think that came from a Sun article back when Sunderland were interested.

Claimed his wage was increased to £900k a year, which is ~£17k a week.

My interest might be peaked if someone said his total potential package was 900k a year I.e.  including bonuses for winning the league, qualifying for EL groups etc. There’s absolutely no way he had a basic salary of 17k a week. 

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

My interest might be peaked if someone said his total potential package was 900k a year I.e.  including bonuses for winning the league, qualifying for EL groups etc. There’s absolutely no way he had a basic salary of 17k a week. 

*shrugs*

Be interesting to see if it's mentioned in any form in your accounts next year.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

I don’t think they’d be disclosing an ex employees contract in the accounts.

They might mention a compensation figure though?

8 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

A figure brought up and posted by your own fans on here. 

It certainly was. It was a figure plucked out of the ether to make things look bad and get fans on the side of getting rid of him.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

It certainly was. It was a figure plucked out of the ether to make things look bad and get fans on the side of getting rid of him.

Do you really think what one man earns has any affect on him getting punted?

Edited by wastecoatwilly

22 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

2019-20 Hearts

2018-19 Falkirk/ Dundee

2015-16 Rangers

2014-15 Rangers

2013-14 Hibs

2012-13 Rangers

2011-12 Rangers

A European place should be given to the winner of The Banter Kings league each season imvho.

On 05/06/2021 at 11:56, TheJTS98 said:

I'm afraid you're too late. There are some high-profile names on board and the media blitz starts on Monday.

The E-word will be consigned to history by sometimes between lunch and sundown on Thursday.

I do quite enjoy different fans' views of each other though. Usually, for example, what Aberdeen fans think Hearts fans think is really just what Aberdeen tell each other Hearts fans think. And so on etc.

I'd like to assure you I am aware of the concept of a discussion board.

What about all the Hearts fans, board and lawyers that thought you were entitled to stay in the premier despite finishing bottom with 80% of the points per game of the next worst team. Definite entitlement right there. 

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

They might mention a compensation figure though?

6 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I doubt it would be explicit but you might be able to derive a rough figure, yeah. 

That would often be shown as an exceptional cost. You'd probably not be able to separate out amounts paid to mcinnes personally, from amounts paid to docherty but may be able to see total exceptional remuneration separate from the associated expenses.  If the plan is to run the club (including new hover pitch etc) without third party loans though there might be no benefit to showing it like that and the cost could just get list in the operating expenses.