G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

25 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

I think you are trying too hard thinking you are relevant at this level. Getting beaten by a very poor Feyenoord team does not equal good. What I really think Celtic should do is just try harder, invest a wee bit and then they might be able to get a draw away at a mediocre champions league team. Good luck with that. 

My comment was in reference to the 1970 European Cup final not tonight’s game however now you have my attention I’ll give you the courtesy of a reply. Maybe you should apply that logic to your own team mate and maybe you can get a draw against a poor Champions League team like us, I mean you referred to us having a higher wage bill and turnover than Feyernoord but we have that over you too so what’s your excuse? 😉

Good luck on Thursday mate hopefully you’re still full of the banter 

Edited by Jinky67

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Said it before, but it’s worth repeating. I can’t believe Celtic went through the transfer window without replacing Joe Hart.

Bit early to judge all of the new signings however not getting another keeper is definitely a mistake 

54 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

My comment was in reference to the 1970 European Cup final not tonight’s game however now you have my attention I’ll give you the courtesy of a reply. Maybe you should apply that logic to your own team mate and maybe you can get a draw against a poor Champions League team like us, I mean you referred to us having a higher wage bill and turnover than Feyernoord but we have that over you too so what’s your excuse? 😉

Good luck on Thursday mate hopefully you’re still full of the banter 

Oh michty. Thanks for your wishes of luck, we will get pumped, but at least we ken our place. 

7 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Not sure 2-1 qualifies as a horsing, as per your trying way too hard 

Go back and watch the match. I also watched it as it happened on TV. As big a horsing a 2-1 as you are likely to see. Similar it must be said to a 2-1 in the final three years previously. I'm just stating historical facs.. Maybe avail yourself of them before your usual glib and self satisfied retort ?

1 hour ago, kennie makevin said:

Go back and watch the match. I also watched it as it happened on TV. As big a horsing a 2-1 as you are likely to see. Similar it must be said to a 2-1 in the final three years previously. I'm just stating historical facs.. Maybe avail yourself of them before your usual glib and self satisfied retort ?

Gutted it wasn’t 5-0 type post. 

Got to be honest, as much as there's plenty to enjoy from lastnight, the best things are as follows....

No budgetary disadvantage to get all shrill about.

A Feyenoord team that were there for the taking.

Numerous summer signings looking either gash, or absolutely selling the jerseys.

Joe Hart being shite. 

47 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Got to be honest, as much as there's plenty to enjoy from lastnight, the best things are as follows....

Numerous summer signings looking either gash, or absolutely selling the jerseys.

Joe Hart being shite. 

Can’t argue with any of that. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Joe Hart being shite. 

Probably what showed last night was a significant lack of experience at this level from our new signings and it showed especially with Lagerbielke and Holm. 

With how well we have done financially we should be buying players ready to compete at this level not projects who might get there in a season or 2’s time. We clearly have the cash.

What i will say however Liam Scales done pretty well considering however McGregor and Hatate should be offering more.

The frustrating thing is Feyernoord weren’t that much better than us, they looked pretty shit at the back and didn’t really open us up at any point until the sendings off however we are now at a point where we can’t make any more excuses, we have to buy better and play better so the criticism coming our way just now is absolutely merited and the manager and players need to do better

Edited by Jinky67

9 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Probably what showed last night was a significant lack of experience at this level from our new signings and it showed especially with Lagerbielke and Holm. 

With how well we have done financially we should be buying players ready to compete at this level not projects who might get there in a season or 2’s time. We clearly have the cash.

What i will say however Liam Scales done pretty well considering however McGregor and Hatate should be offering more.

The frustrating thing is Feyernoord weren’t that much better than us, they looked pretty shit at the back and didn’t really open us up at any point until the sendings off however we are now at a point where we can’t make any more excuses, we have to buy better and play better. 

We needed a keeper, CB, LB and midfielder to go straight into side and instead we get inexperienced projects and some c**t from the Korean 2nd division. Out of the 9 players that came in I can’t think of a single significant contribution from any of them after 7 games. 

Some might come good, eventually, but we needed players who can compete at this level. 

instead of spending big and trying to ensure we can stay at this level we’re buying duds and keeping the cash to cover the shortfall when we don’t

Edited by Drew Brees

Reo Hatate is very popular with all the Celtic fans I know.  I don't get to see him too often but assume this was one of his poorest  performance in a Celtic jersey?  Can't lay all the blame on him but it could have been a different outcome had Celtic scored first.

19 minutes ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned already but their first goal the free kick went through the space where their two players had been ?

Went through Kyogo who turned away from it. He shouldn’t have been in the wall in the first place nevermind at the inside of it 

To be fair, I thought Celtic looked decent enough, without being spectacular.  Very much the same as last season, weak(ish) at the back and no talisman in attack and at CL level, you'll get punished.  Suppose you can argue with the injuries, things the score might have been better.  Oh a downgrade on Giakoumakis, no real Jota replacement, the centre halves all project signings to sell on in a few years.  It's a constant merry-go round that has no real impact on their European aspirations.  Will do well domestically, fail in European competitions.

4 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Are people really thinking the Holm red card was harsh?

I don’t think it’s harsh but I definitely don't think there was an intent to go studs up, I know intent has no relevance to the decision though. It looks a bit weird in the replay when he goes down pretty early with his foot on the deck and the it comes up so definitely had time to pull out.

The Lagerbielke one is harsh however also see why VAR wouldn’t overturn as it because of his arm position so isn’t a clear and obvious error.