G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

24 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

They aren’t even the best club in Germany. Maybe not even top 2 currently.

Rangers were still alive the last time they won a domestic title.

German football expert Derek Rae doesn't know what to expect from Borussia Dortmund as they prepare to face Celtic. 

Currently fifth in the Bundesliga, Nuri Sahin's side recently suffered a shock 5-1 defeat to Stuttgart who sit eighth in the German top flight.

That result was sandwiched between a 3-0 victory over Club Brugge in their Champions League opener and a 4-2 win over VfL Bochum at the weekend.

Having reached the Champions League final last season, the German side only finished fifth in the Bundesliga as they struggled to find consistency.

"I think that is what you have to say about Dortmund. You look at the points total, it's respectable but it's nothing amazing", Rae told the BBC's Scottish Football Podcast.

"The Stuttgart result does stand out, that performance stands out as well. It wasn't good enough. 

"I would say at the moment they are the fourth or fifth best team here in Germany. You know, you have Bayern Munich and Bayer Leverkusen, you have RB Leipzig who I think are actually better than them, you have Stuttgart who might be, well certainly in a head-to-head contest were better than them."

1 minute ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

German football expert Derek Rae doesn't know what to expect from Borussia Dortmund as they prepare to face Celtic. 

Currently fifth in the Bundesliga, Nuri Sahin's side recently suffered a shock 5-1 defeat to Stuttgart who sit eighth in the German top flight.

That result was sandwiched between a 3-0 victory over Club Brugge in their Champions League opener and a 4-2 win over VfL Bochum at the weekend.

Having reached the Champions League final last season, the German side only finished fifth in the Bundesliga as they struggled to find consistency.

"I think that is what you have to say about Dortmund. You look at the points total, it's respectable but it's nothing amazing", Rae told the BBC's Scottish Football Podcast.

"The Stuttgart result does stand out, that performance stands out as well. It wasn't good enough. 

"I would say at the moment they are the fourth or fifth best team here in Germany. You know, you have Bayern Munich and Bayer Leverkusen, you have RB Leipzig who I think are actually better than them, you have Stuttgart who might be, well certainly in a head-to-head contest were better than them."

20 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Doing some heavy lifting here mate. 

6 minutes ago, well again said:

I think he means the Italian coach Hellena Herrera, or maybe Harry Hood or probably just a simpleton.

Let's hope I am not a simpleton Just now 150 miles from Beirut 250 from Gazza strip sleep safe and good night

Just now, Jinky67 said:

They started this season poorly however just 5 months ago they were in the final of the Champions League. Behave yourself 

You’ve misunderstood my post here clearly. I was insinuating that was heavy lifting. 

6 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Watched this in a pub in Perth tonight. It was full of gloryhunting Celtic fans. The same folk who almost certainly ridicule St Johnstone for having a shit support, who tell us maybe saints would be better if more people went to their games, and we’re probably all in the pub watching the game at the weekend as it was played up the road.

After they creamed themselves on Saturday over their 6-0 win against a broken and lowly SJFC, thinking that this performance was a thing of beauty - I cannot begin to tell you how much joy I got from watching Dortmund completely annihilate them tonight. The pub half emptied at HT, gloryhunters fuming, and the ones who stayed remained silent throughout as I continued to cheer every Dortmund goal.

Brought straight back down to earth. Absolutely loved that. 

For me better picturing their tear-streaked faces, which pub was it?

12 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Oh well, on the positive note it can’t get much worse.

*checks next fixture*

Atalanta away

Andy Murray Lol GIF by Tennis TV

Bottom of the league Como won 3-2 at Atalanta last week.

I know cos I had bloody money on Atalanta.

They seem to have gone backwards from last season and lost players to transfers and long term injuries.

Just now, Ya Bezzer! said:

Bottom of the league Como won 3-2 at Atalanta last week.

I know cos I had bloody money on Atalanta.

They seem to have gone backwards from last season and lost players to transfers and long term injuries.

Celtic should be able to limit them to 4 then

42 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Get Turkey teeth out for his press conference 

I may be going senile (or tbh care less and less about the champions/europa league) but i cant remember the other two. Hrhm.

Bayern Munich and Real Madrid that dished out the other pumpings?

Edit: ah wait, something coming to me. Neymar vs. Ralston, one of them was Barcelona at Parkhead? I think Neymar won that duel imo

PSG was the other paddlin'? I think it rings a bell, Cavani scored an absolute peach of a header?

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely