G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think the bold part is what I don’t understand or fail to appreciate. It’s not as if we are joining forces here, it’s just blatantly obvious that we are going to share the same opinion.m because we each happen to not be Celtic fans.

When I’m poking fun at Celtic it’s not in a collective “all of us vs them” sense, it’s simply because I personally like to see them struggle. Why shouldn’t I be free to voice that opinion without comment just like others do 😅

Oh get over it man ffs 

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Oh get over it man ffs 

There’s nothing to get over, I was trying to understand why me poking fun at a poor Celtic result has to be seen as some kind of attempt to join forces with the rest of the forum that just so happens to share the same opinion on a particular event. It’s other people that seem to have an issue with the fact Rangers fans want to comment on last nights Celtic result (shocking, I know).

1 minute ago, AJF said:

There’s nothing to get over, I was trying to understand why me poking fun at a poor Celtic result has to be seen as some kind of attempt to join forces with the rest of the forum that just so happens to share the same opinion on a particular event. It’s other people that seem to have an issue with the fact Rangers fans want to comment on last nights Celtic result (shocking, I know).

I’m way past caring. 

26 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Nobody said it had to be current?

So you are ok with a current poster weaponising child sex abuse and justifying that because some tits at some point in this history of this forum glorified terrorism?

Mate c’mon, surely there isn’t justification for that and certainly not to score points with the current Celtic contingent on here. 

22 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think the bold part is what I don’t understand or fail to appreciate. It’s not as if we are joining forces here, it’s just blatantly obvious that we are going to share the same opinion because we each happen to not be Celtic fans.

When I’m poking fun at Celtic it’s not in a collective “all of us vs them” sense, it’s simply because I personally like to see them struggle. Why shouldn’t I be free to voice that opinion without comment just like others do 😅

Dandies take their self-appointed role as the forum polis seriously these days.

You put the boot in and be happy, I’d be doing the exact same.

38 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

You reap what you sow.

The Scottish league is designed to be utter garbage so Rangers and Celtic can win it every year.  

However the league has become so unbalanced that it's actually destroying Rangers and Celtic along with everyone else.

I mean Rangers have about as much chance of winning anything as Aberdeen or Hearts and Celtic aren't even 3rd rate in European terms and will be excluded from the top table soon enough.

Our other teams regularly lose to teams from powerhouse nations like Andorra, Luxembourg, Wales, and Iceland.

Domestic cup shocks used to be, well, shocks.  Now lower league and even non league teams beat our top level sides every year, on multiple occassions.

The national U21's haven't qualified for a Finals since 1996.  

The full Scotland side hasn't won in 14 matches, stunk out the Euros and is unlikely to qualify for a World Cup any time soon.  Oh, and they just called up a 40+ year old goalkeeper from an abject bottom of the league team because there was literally is no one else.to fill the spot.  Our national team is getting close to 'bring your boots' territory.

Even at amateur level the sport is collapsing with clubs disappearing every year and regional league systems becoming unsustainable.

When are we actually going to fix this?  Ever?  Or to we just keeping going along so Celtic win trebles most years and then get embarrassed in Europe?  

How can anyone be happy that we have a low quality, uncompetitive league and get absolutely horsed at any level above domestic right across the board?

Now our national game is defined by every low esteem loser thicko across the country connecting themselves to two massively successful footballing institutions but surely even the kind of total moron that climbs up a lamp post with a bottle of Buckie in celebration of winning another cup will figure out that winning what are essentially rigged competitions and then getting hosed by big guns is essentially empty and meaningless.

The SPL was formed around the late 1990s and it was by far the worst thing that ever happened in Scottish football.  Our national game has gone right down the toilet ever since.  Greed and selfishness has brought us here.  

It's like the entirety of Scottish football lives under some kind of lotus eater delusion. How low to we have to go before we fix our game? 

👏 Says it all. 

13 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Dandies take their self-appointed role as the forum polis seriously these days.

You put the boot in and be happy, I’d be doing the exact same.

The don't worry be happy attitude of Celtic fans reguardless of the result is something the diddies can't comprehend M8.

14 hours ago, stressball said:

Gladly take one just now mate.

55 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

You reap what you sow.

The Scottish league is designed to be utter garbage so Rangers and Celtic can win it every year.  

However the league has become so unbalanced that it's actually destroying Rangers and Celtic along with everyone else.

I mean Rangers have about as much chance of winning anything as Aberdeen or Hearts and Celtic aren't even 3rd rate in European terms and will be excluded from the top table soon enough.

Our other teams regularly lose to teams from powerhouse nations like Andorra, Luxembourg, Wales, and Iceland.

Domestic cup shocks used to be, well, shocks.  Now lower league and even non league teams beat our top level sides every year, on multiple occassions.

The national U21's haven't qualified for a Finals since 1996.  

The full Scotland side hasn't won in 14 matches, stunk out the Euros and is unlikely to qualify for a World Cup any time soon.  Oh, and they just called up a 40+ year old goalkeeper from an abject bottom of the league team because there was literally is no one else.to fill the spot.  Our national team is getting close to 'bring your boots' territory.

Even at amateur level the sport is collapsing with clubs disappearing every year and regional league systems becoming unsustainable.

When are we actually going to fix this?  Ever?  Or to we just keeping going along so Celtic win trebles most years and then get embarrassed in Europe?  

How can anyone be happy that we have a low quality, uncompetitive league and get absolutely horsed at any level above domestic right across the board?

Now our national game is defined by every low esteem loser thicko across the country connecting themselves to two massively successful footballing institutions but surely even the kind of total moron that climbs up a lamp post with a bottle of Buckie in celebration of winning another cup will figure out that winning what are essentially rigged competitions and then getting hosed by big guns is essentially empty and meaningless.

The SPL was formed around the late 1990s and it was by far the worst thing that ever happened in Scottish football.  Our national game has gone right down the toilet ever since.  Greed and selfishness has brought us here.  

It's like the entirety of Scottish football lives under some kind of lotus eater delusion. How low to we have to go before we fix our game? 

Good post

4 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Mate you are telling @AJF he’s welcome to post on the forum, I’m not sure that’s your role here. 

Thats a complete misrepresentation of the discussion, much like you’ve pretended dukdukgoose challenging the idea that no one celebrates terrorism on here was him condoning point scoring over child abuse. 

This thread is just as depressing as the Celtic performance last night.

I'd like to share my opinion of where i think we were ruthlessly exposed and how to perhaps disguise our glaring inadequacies going forward, but think i'll duck out of this one. 

1 minute ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

So go on, explain it to this supporter of a diddy team.  I'll wait.

For the love of God, delete that post.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Thats a complete misrepresentation of the discussion, much like you’ve pretended dukdukgoose challenging the idea that no one celebrates terrorism on here was him condoning point scoring over child abuse. 

There is no pretence, him ignoring what was posted to just challenge the idea that no one celebrates terrorism on here was imo him saying he was ok with it hence why i asked him that exact question.

I still don’t understand why historical posters who may have glorified terrorism makes it ok in the current day to use it as leverage to justify using child abuse as a method of point scoring. If he could explain that to me then I could maybe understand his point of view 

Edited by Jinky67

7 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

There is no pretence, him ignoring what was posted to just challenge the idea that no one celebrates terrorism on here was imo him saying he was ok with it hence why i asked him that exact question.

I still don’t understand why historical posters who may have glorified terrorism makes it ok in the current day to use it as leverage to justify using child abuse as a method of point scoring. If he could explain that to me then I could maybe understand his point of view 

Or he just responded to a specific post. 

I’ll let you and him have that out though. 

2 hours ago, Insaintee said:

Hilarious but all so predictable. What on earth possessed Brendan to think that Celtic could go toe to toe with last years CL finalists in their own patch?  

In a way we diddy teams should take the credit for this. We've lulled them into a false sense of security. They think that whipping St Johnstone makes them able to take on the best teams in the world on equal footing. They made no plans to deal with any of the German players think that they should worry about players like Maeda and Kuhn. Their team is totally unequipped to play in any other way that charging in.  Until they learn to be pragmatic we can look forward to many more nights like this. 

Hail Hail - may they keep playing the Celtic Way forever. 

Usual Celtic arrogance.