G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

Well they were no mugs, seemed to have our number from the get go.
Very organised and we couldn’t break through their lines.
Lack of quality from Celtic, sloppy passing, defensive awareness and final ball, just ran out of ideas as the game went on.
I thought we’d just started to up our game for our goal, then the sucker punch for their deflected goal put an end to that.

That being said, I wouldn’t say a result over in Norway was beyond us.
Need to step up a few levels on tonights showing.

Hopefully serves as a big reality check to Ange and the team tonight cause that was the worst we have played in months. Jota/Rogic/Abada/Taylor were awful, O'Reilly had his worst game so far and even Juranovic was poor by his standards.

Would just throw the reserves out for the 2nd leg now and fully concentrate on the league(won't happen), thought we had a good chance of going far (and perhaps even making the final) in this tournament but tonight showed that might just be a bridge too far at this moment.

Any team that can batter out a 6-1 thumping to a big European name like Roma and then go over there and take a result too deserve a bit more respect. They aren’t mugs far from it, the only ones who are would be those who thought this would be a comfortable game for us, it was never going to be that. 
Europe was never going to be the barometer for us this season anyway and the positive is we won’t play a side as good as this domestically either however if we do win this league we need to improve a lot or face a significant battering next season. But it’s football, funny things happen we could rock up there next week and win 2-0 and go through on pens, stranger shit has happened
Sums Old Firm fans up the "positive is" part of this sentence. Happy to sweep aside the 10 teams that have no chance of truly competing to add a pot or 2 to the history books every year.

What an existence.

7 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

Well they were no mugs, seemed to have our number from the get go.
Very organised and we couldn’t break through their lines.
Lack of quality from Celtic, sloppy passing, defensive awareness and final ball, just ran out of ideas as the game went on.
I thought we’d just started to up our game for our goal, then the sucker punch for their deflected goal put an end to that.

That being said, I wouldn’t say a result over in Norway was beyond us.
Need to step up a few levels on tonights showing.

Celtic's final ball was shocking,Thought Bodo put in a shift in the first half plus you could see them struggling in the last 20 minutes.
Every time the ball went out one or two went down with cramp,Celtic never took advantage of that,they worked the ball well from the back and like you said they've done their homework on us,It wouldn't be a surprised if we got a result over there.

10 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:

Sums Old Firm fans up the "positive is" part of this sentence. Happy to sweep aside the 10 teams that have no chance of truly competing to add a pot or 2 to the history books every year.

What an existence.

Unless you were existing under a rock last season to be still in Europe at this stage and top of the league is beyond where most of us expected to be so yeah it's much more positive position that in could have been

Cant be arsed reading through the thread. Just wanted to pop in and say GET IT UP YE’S! One half of a horrendous boil on Scottish football. I hope you are all having a shite night as reality dawn’s on you. Never mind, I’ll bet the atmosphere was “the best - insert random Norwegians name” has ever experienced. Up ye’s!

28 minutes ago, DavieCFC said:

Hopefully serves as a big reality check to Ange and the team tonight cause that was the worst we have played in months. Jota/Rogic/Abada/Taylor were awful, O'Reilly had his worst game so far and even Juranovic was poor by his standards.

Would just throw the reserves out for the 2nd leg now and fully concentrate on the league(won't happen), thought we had a good chance of going far (and perhaps even making the final) in this tournament but tonight showed that might just be a bridge too far at this moment.

Too easy to say that after that result but the performance wasn't that bad, Bodo were just more clinical than Celtic on the night.

7 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Too easy to say that after that result but the performance wasn't that bad, Bodo were just more clinical than Celtic on the night.

I thought it was our worst performance for a while, willie. Too many key men not at it tonight. 

Edited by Henrik's tongue

30 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Unless you were existing under a rock last season to be still in Europe at this stage and top of the league is beyond where most of us expected to be so yeah it's much more positive position that in could have been

Tbf with the addition of the third euro tournament, both OF teams would need to make a colossal c**t of things to not be in europe after Xmas from now on, and i mean worse than kaunas/bratislava type c**t of things