Time to go Steve Clarke

22 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Just before the next games, and this all starts again 🤣

Ill just say a few things so I can bookmark and quote it rather then typing out a reply.

Scotland are playing well, its great for all us Scotland fans. I hope and think we will qualify this time under Clarke. And you can ask for more than that.

The continued narrative by one poster alone, that I hate Steve Clarke. Its been addressed a few times, nobody could quote me criticising Clarke on anything other than football related matters.

Regarding hate. I don't know Steve Clarke personally, but he seems a good guy. And most importantly he's a professional guy doing his best, and with Scotlands best interests at heart. Were he to lose every game from now until the end of the campaign, I still wouldn't hate him.

Were he to qualify and get past the group stage at the finals, id probably say I loved him 😍

Absolutely seething ^^^^^^^

I'd say your effort after we finished 2nd in World Cup qualifying was better than this one tbh.

image.thumb.png.d3b4baf36eafb2e2aa003c554a8f84a7.png

It's easy to get behind the team and manager when things are going well. If we don't have a good June then we'll see how much you love Steve Clarke. If you're going to post knee jerk rubbish publicly then don't go crying when you get called on it.

Edited by 2426255

1 hour ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Ill just say a few things so I can bookmark and quote it rather then typing out a reply.

Scotland are playing well, its great for all us Scotland fans. I hope and think we will qualify this time under Clarke. And you can ask for more than that.

The continued narrative by one poster alone, that I hate Steve Clarke. Its been addressed a few times, nobody could quote me criticising Clarke on anything other than football related matters.

Regarding hate. I don't know Steve Clarke personally, but he seems a good guy. And most importantly he's a professional guy doing his best, and with Scotlands best interests at heart. Were he to lose every game from now until the end of the campaign, I still wouldn't hate him.

Were he to qualify and get past the group stage at the finals, id probably say I loved him 😍

On 07/04/2023 at 11:30, BingMcCrosby said:

You only say that because you hate all of scotland!

"Scotland" is a proper noun and therefore should always start with a capital S. 

How dare you accuse others of hating Scotland when you have shown maximum disrespect to our nation.

You should be hanged for treason. 

55 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

I don't know why Bing is taking so much stick here. He's been remarkably consistent. When Scotland win, Clarke's the man for the job. When they don't, he should be sacked.

I think your summary is a bit off, tempted to play along for comedy but its not worth it.

On 08/04/2023 at 22:23, Gordon EF said:

I don't know why Bing is taking so much stick here. He's been remarkably consistent. When Scotland win, Clarke's the man for the job. When they don't, he should be sacked.

Am I missing something? That's kind of 90% of football, isn't it? "Football fans are so fickle" and all that.

Or are we saying it's invalid to be swayed by results? That we have to dig a stake in the ground from the off and never waver from it? Delete threads and fall on our swords if we are - shock, horror - wrong?

19 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Am I missing something? That's kind of 90% of football, isn't it? "Football fans are so fickle" and all that.

Or are we saying it's invalid to be swayed by results? That we have to dig a stake in the ground from the off and never waver from it? Delete threads and fall on our swords if we are - shock, horror - wrong?

Or, it was a joke?

25 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Have I been proven wrong? Id love to be, but no not yet.

Since my post after the euros have we qualified for anything? Which is the aim isn't it?

If qualify for the euros from this admittedly very tough group then hell yeah I did. We should be looking to qualify for the euros every time now generally. But this group is a stinker, so qualifying for me would be a tremendous result. And I'm happy to admit that when/if it happens. And tbh I think we will qualify.

Were doing very well at the moment and long may it continue. So I'm fully behind Clarke now, if we start playing badly and losing games then...... maybe I will change my mind. Some might say thats fickle, but id say its pragmatic.

At the end of the day I support Scotland not the manager, the managers change the players change🤷‍♂️

A blind man could see Steve Clarke was building something.

Even after Euro 2020, the disappointment could've been tempered with the understanding that the tournament came quickly upon a team in transition, a team still developing into a more footballing side having previously been built on a more defense minded approach in the post-Covid period during 2020.

There isn't much value in an opinion that changes from one result to another as has been well shown by this thread.

11 hours ago, 2426255 said:

A blind man could see Steve Clarke was building something.

Even after Euro 2020, the disappointment could've been tempered with the understanding that the tournament came quickly upon a team in transition, a team still developing into a more footballing side having previously been built on a more defense minded approach in the post-Covid period during 2020.

There isn't much value in an opinion that changes from one result to another as has been well shown by this thread.

With the emergence of Aaron and Nathan as RWBs I believe we have become a more footballing , and attacking , side

1 hour ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

With the emergence of Aaron and Nathan as RWBs I believe we have become a more footballing , and attacking , side

Young players have helped add depth and quality but there was significant change within the team structure and approach between Serbia and the end of Euro 2020 - Transitioning from being hard to beat to becoming a side that could go on the front foot.

For example: It took time for Jack Hendry to establish himself at Scotland. We also tried variations in midfield that didn't endure such as Scott McTominay in midfield alongside John McGinn  (Austria) and as a solitary #6 (Czech Republic). It is my view the manager was attempting to find solutions and develop a more attacking style of play based around a positional game that most 'modern footballing' European teams style their game on (Man City, Celtic or Barcelona etc).

I think therefore that the Euros just came too early and it has been pretty obvious since that we have with time developed into a good fluid, positional team. I don't think that was too hard a conclusion to reach at the time and why looking from a result only standpoint is a bit suspect.

On 07/04/2023 at 10:20, BingMcCrosby said:

14 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Dare anyone ever be wrong on the internet, let alone change their mind over the course of four years.  Pie and Bovril is a forum in which nobody knows anything.   Once folk start losing sight of that, it all becomes rather, well, Politics Forum.  

Edited by Savage Henry

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Dare anyone ever be wrong on the internet, let alone change their mind over the course of four years.  Pie and Bovril is a forum in which nobody knows anything.   Once folk start losing sight of that, it all becomes rather, well, Politics Forum.  

Yeah that's fine but it's also fair game to slag them off for being wrong.