Time to go Steve Clarke

3 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Not in a jokey way, I actually think you may be talking to a child!

Just stick him on ignore 

I like that you have me on ignore Bing because I can easily deconstruct your arguments without any of your inane attempts to muddy the water. 😌You continue your climb down 🪜 from your vandetta against Steve Clarke with your tail between your legs and I'll keep laughing. You're not slinking away from this pal and it'll be double sweet if we manage to get to the playoffs. 😈

Edited by 2426255

17 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Surprised we were bookies favorites away to Israel or Slovakia, and didn't realise the same for the Czech game even with it being at Hampden.

The Slovakia (18/10, 20/10, 17/10) and Czech (18/10, 19/10, 19/10) games Scotland were such marginal favourites they were essentially coin flips. Anyone who uses odds like that to argue that Scotland were Bet365's favourites in that game are trying to pull the wool over your eyes.

With the Israel games, Scotland were favourites in one of the games (21/10, 22.5/10, 13/10) and it was a coin flip in the other (17/10, 21/10, 17.5/10) so a more balanced assessment is that three of the games were coin flips and one of those games we were favourites according to Bet365. 

22 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Have we not won every single game we've been favourites for since he took over, perhaps with the exception of Israel at home in the Nations League. Not sure if we were favourites at home to Austria.

Accoring to Bet365 we were favourite against Cyprus, San Marino, Cyprus, Kazakhstan, Israel, Czech Republic C, Israel (Play Off), Slovakia, Israel, Faroe Islands, Moldova

we won 8/11, drew before winning the play off semi on penalties - drew one and lost one to Israel. It's a not an unreasonable record.

16 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

So yeah, as I was saying the games we were favourites for. Thats what we need to be winning, and winning well. 

Just looking at the previous czech results against us we were obviously the favourites in the euro game. 

Will jump on anything, true or not if it supports your view, however what you're saying isn't true.

• Against the Czech Republic Covid team Scotland were favourites and we won. 
  • Against the Czech Republic in the Nations League at Hampden Czech Republic were favourites and Scotland won
  • Against the Czech Republic at Euro 2020 it was a coin flip and they won.

All according to Bet365 via flashscores so over the piece you could even say we marginally outperformed expectations against the Czech Republic under Steve Clarke overall.

Edited by 2426255

I'm not convinced that your wee list of quotes does what you think it does.
My own one, for instance, suggests that the phrase "there's no reason why we won't qualify" is a daft one.  Despite us now being much better placed, that remains a daft phrase.
You even find time to laugh at someone saying he couldn't see us managing a win and a draw from the Denmark and Austria games.  Even afterwards, I can't see it either because it didn't happen.

Earlier on in these discussions, you argued strongly in favour of Clarke.  I didn't agree with much of what you said, but it was rational enough.
Following these latest games, however, you seem to have lost your senses, lashing out madly in a way that just makes you look stupid and childish.  It's been a weirdly steep descent.
Seriously, the ignore function will make your PnB life immeasurably better.

5 hours ago, 2426255 said:

You're not slinking away from this pal and it'll be double sweet if we manage to get to the playoffs. 😈

Do you really believe that the posters on here are wanting Scotland to do badly?

That would be an extraordinary outlook.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

12 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Do you really believe that the posters on here are wanting Scotland to do badly?

No, I don't think that.

On 17/08/2021 at 13:43, BingMcCrosby said:

I'd rather clarke went now as I dont think he can turn it around.

It would be double sweet because Scotland would be in the playoffs and the author of this thread saying 'Time to go Steve Clarke' would not be in any position to continue to trot out this shite and would be forced to concede he got it embarrassingly wrong.

On 07/09/2021 at 22:15, BingMcCrosby said:

I think reasonable debate is healthy.

Everyone here supports scotland so hopefully everyone can put the petty stuff away and just support the team. 

If we get to the World Cup ill be Steve's biggest fan.

He will do anything to weasel out of admitting he got it wrong and is laying the groundwork for that as it's looking more likely, but the basis of this thread was just blinkered reactionary bullshit and I'm going to call him on it all the way and enjoy it too 😈. When he holds his hands up and admits he got it wrong we can draw a line under it and move on, I'll leave him alone and his precious thread.

On 23/06/2021 at 09:55, Les Cabbage said:

Delete this before anyone see’s mate

😄 That was good advice mate.

Edited by 2426255

On 11/09/2021 at 17:54, Monkey Tennis said:

That would be an extraordinary outlook.

You're talking to the guy who is happy to see Billy Gilmour not be as good as we hope he is just so he can be right in a wee argument with another poster on this forum. Best ignored. 

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

You're talking to the guy who is happy to see Billy Gilmour not be as good as we hope he is just so he can be right in a wee argument with another poster on this forum. Best ignored. 

I'd like to see Billy Gilmour be brilliant for the Scotland National team. I'm not too bothered how well he does at club level as long as it isn't to the detriment of what he is doing for his country. 

Moreover, If he isn't doing well at his club then it might temper the mental expectations that seem to run wild on Pie and Bovril about him being the new messiah which in my book would be a good thing. That's basically where I stand.

Edited by 2426255

Insightful article into why Steve Clarke was offered a contract extension. It's clear that Steve Clarke will get a further extension if we reach the World Cup and regardless of how the games went in September he was always going to get the chance to reach Euro 2024, because he had earned that right by qualifying for Euro 2020.

"Stage two is quite a good way to put it," Clarke said. "You come in as Scotland head coach and you get the two tournaments. Basically your brief is that you've got to qualify for the tournaments. It was nice to get the first qualification done and the reason for extending was just getting another tournament to keep it at two tournaments. We got that monkey off our back and it's now time to do that more consistently. I have two tournaments to try and do that."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/aug/24/scotland-manager-steve-clarke-signs-contract-extension-until-euro-2024

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/06/2021 at 09:58, BingMcCrosby said:

We have already made a poor start, we can't win games. Dont look like beating anyone but the minnows. Whats the point in writing off yet another campaign. And probably half of the next euro qualifying by the time we get round to it.

Whoa, did we jump the gun a little?...😅

1 hour ago, BingMcCrosby said:

10 out of the last 18 posts made by a guy talking to himself!

Can a mod not sort this for the sake of everyone🤷‍♂️

Crying to the moderators, that really show's your character Bing - what a sad wee guy. I get that it's embarrassing for you to see this thread appear as you were so far off the mark, but you always have the option to delete it. 😉

Edited by 2426255

3 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

10 out of the last 18 posts made by a guy talking to himself!

Can a mod not sort this for the sake of everyone🤷‍♂️

Nah, they still have a right to post and, unless there's anything objectionable then they can crack on. 

Asking for a ban when you already have them on ignore just looks a bit spiteful.

I think they'll either go away, change their style or will just keep talking to the wall. 

So aye, Vive l'ignore function.

1 minute ago, velo army said:

Nah, they still have a right to post and, unless there's anything objectionable then they can crack on. 

Asking for a ban when you already have them on ignore just looks a bit spiteful.

I think they'll either go away, change their style or will just keep talking to the wall. 

So aye, Vive l'ignore function.

Yeah fair point, but I just think he's really brought the general scotland pages down to a pretty low level.

His obsession with me is pretty funny, but also boring I imagine for everyone else.

29 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Yeah fair point, but I just think he's really brought the general scotland pages down to a pretty low level.

His obsession with me is pretty funny, but also boring I imagine for everyone else.

Yeah well I think you bring the Scotland pages down to a low level too with your knee jerk threads and thoughtless opinions but I don't go crying to the moderators over it, pathetic. 😂

Edited by 2426255

9 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Completely understandable. Tbf I did click on a few posts and when he's not picking daft fights he engages with the topics well.