2021-22 Highland League Chat

Ray Patterson

39 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

According to FN these ties will go onto next midweek, skittling league games due then?

Looks like Brechin, Buckie and Fraserburgh now have upto 14 games still to play (11x league games + 3x League Cup ties) and 15 weekends & midweeks in which to play them.

@Jimmy Shaker 's posted a comparison with recent seasons on the fixtures thread on Fitba North. It's a bit worse but not as much as you'd expect given the added Covid postponements.

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

According to FN these ties will go onto next midweek, skittling league games due then?

Looks like Brechin, Buckie and Fraserburgh now have upto 14 games still to play (11x league games + 3x League Cup ties) and 15 weekends & midweeks in which to play them.

No fucking danger you’re getting a full card this weekend either. I can smell some awkward rescheduling coming up. 

On 23/02/2022 at 20:55, Jimmy Shaker said:

Half time at Glebe Park where Brechin are hosting a Brora side that’s shown up with no subs and have have had to get a local goalkeeper to stand in for the evening. 

Naturally, Brechin are losing 0-1 at the interval. 

When you have a front line as potent as ours they could have turned up with no keeper and the result would have been the same. 

What's the opinion of regular HL watchers then? Who will be lifting the silverware in a few weeks?

On the face of it it's a 4-way battle, but are Brechin too far back? Brora seem wobblier than normal.

I still feel Fraserburgh will do it, despite that shocker v Turra.

36 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

The results Fraserburgh have let slip are pretty ridiculous in such a close title race, but I'd still rather they made it to the dance than Buckie for whatever reason.

I think Fraserburgh would be more up for promotion than Buckie, but whoever wins will likely lose to Bonnyrigg anyway.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I think Fraserburgh would be more up for promotion than Buckie, but whoever wins will likely lose to Bonnyrigg anyway.

I would agree, but I don't think it's as cut and dry as it looks, same with Cowdenbeath for the final who've already dodged the bullet twice. Reckon there'll be some intriguing playoff games this season.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee