2021-22 Highland League Chat

Ray Patterson

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I was just about to jump on the train to Nairn when I saw the match was off. It didn't even cross my mind that the match would be at any risk.

About 20 years ago I was skint but saved enough for the Morton game. However I forgot to save money for the bus so walked the 1.5 hours to Cappielow, was a nice enough day, but when I got about halfway there it started raining. Turns out it had been pissing it down in the east end of Greenock all day, I was caught in torrential downpour and the game was called off about ten minutes after I had left the house. 

Still raging

Apparently the enclosure across from the main stand never gets any sunlight and didn’t thaw out. 

In other news BOD are winning 1-0 after 50 seconds.

3 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I was just about to jump on the train to Nairn when I saw the match was off. It didn't even cross my mind that the match would be at any risk.

Nairn call off a home game if the groundsman spots a daisy.

4 minutes ago, _FFC1876 said:

Not an expert on HL football - will BoD have to play the team finishing bottom of the HL, or the winners of the Midlands and North Caledonian leagues?

They apparently will have to play the champions of the Midlands league and NCL,in a kinda go thru the motions play offs......

But they're unlikely to be licensed teams,so BoD who are licensed are more or less gonna have a free swing of the bat at either Fort or Strathy Jags and probable promotion to the HL.

4 minutes ago, _FFC1876 said:

Not an expert on HL football - will BoD have to play the team finishing bottom of the HL, or the winners of the Midlands and North Caledonian leagues?

There won't be any licensed winners of the Midland and North Caledonian leagues so just the play off with the HL losers. There might be a tier 6 champions cup but just for fun.

Cheers guy, just out of interest, which clubs are licensed and would be allowed access to the HL other than BoD?
Only Golspie Sutherland currently. Lochee United & Tayport aiming to be licensed in time for next season.

4 hours ago, Comrie said:

Just had a positive LFT, so that's Clach off for me today.

Shame, playing really well, night and day from recent games. 0-0 at half time but could easily be 3-0. Just to rub it in it's a beautiful sunny day, I've had to take my bunnet off!

1 hour ago, Ray Patterson said:

Ah shite mate, hope you're feeling alright.

Fort drawing only for Strathspey to win is incredibly funny.

The Fort online support don't seem to have realised they are actually further adrift after today's results with this point being hailed as the start of the great escape. 

Their most plausible hope was catching Turiff given the number of games left so today is probably a wash all things considered. Massive for Strathspey of course.

Edited by vikingTON

The point is no doubt much appreciated by Fort - and it’s only their second ever, anywhere, off Formartine - but it’s off a Formartine side who’ve nowt to play for except finishing above Locos and all that would do for them is... nothing, so it’s hard to see that this has relaunched the chase to avoid the relegation playoff. 

Forres away on Wednesday could be interesting. Thon have all the finesse of the elephants on parade in Dumbo, but if they don’t win that Fort need four wins from eight games and achieving that would not so much be a statistical anomaly as much as it would be grounds for suspected matchfixing. 

Edited by Jimmy Shaker

6 hours ago, Waspie said:

The Fort online support don't seem to have realised they are actually further adrift after today's results with this point being hailed as the start of the great escape. 

There’s a chunk of their support whom I’m convinced think the league will keep playing games until they’re safe, oblivious to the countdown the rest of us have started.