Scotland v Moldova

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

I’m not sure what the issue was with the QR codes for the North Stand. I had seats in the West Stand and there was no issues getting in at all.

I was in the North Stand and arrived at the ground at 7.20pm - three minutes later we were in the ground.  People were filtering in for a good 20 mins after the game started so I can only assume that those having to queue for any length of time arrived within 10 mins of kick-off time.   

3 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

I was in the North Stand and arrived at the ground at 7.20pm - three minutes later we were in the ground.  People were filtering in for a good 20 mins after the game started so I can only assume that those having to queue for any length of time arrived within 10 mins of kick-off time.   

I got there at 7:25 and was outside until 7:55. Got to the top of the stairs to see Dykes tapping the ball in.

2 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

The guide to getting into the ground advised people to get there early. I left Aberdeen an hour earlier than I would normally to ensure I made it in plenty of time as I was already assuming the new system would cause issues.

Maybe if some of those who were late got out of the pubs before 7.30pm they might have made it in time for kick off....

I was one of the first in the stadium and sat about on my phone for about an hour so you take your choice. Not like it was pissing it down, it was a nice night, not cold and a pleasure to be back in Hampden.

Edited by 2426255

3 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

I was one of the first in the stadium and sat about on my phone for about an hour so you take your choice. Not like it was pissing it down, it was a nice night, not cold and a pleasure to be back in Hampden.

But for you, it's a pleasure to be anywhere.

If you were in Kabul, you'd thank your lucky stars.

I only missed 5 minutes, the queue behind me when I got in was longer than when I joined it though.  

I did see some old boy with his QR code printed on an A4 bit of paper but the QR code was enormous on it, no idea how he got on. 

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

Patterson did well for the goal, always wanted to push forward but his passing, crossing and defensive positioning were suspect. He's got talent but he's still very, very raw.

Maybe he is not a right back?

The QR code thing is an absolute nonsense, is there any logic to it at all? Why can't people just have tickets or is that too simple a process for this day and age? I nearly got shafted out a game at the euros because my 'ticket' had somehow already been activated. Get it to f**k.

17 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Great, try doing that with two kids and see how much fun you'd find it

2 minutes ago, Shteve said:

The QR code thing is an absolute nonsense, is there any logic to it at all? Why can't people just have tickets or is that too simple a process for this day and age? I nearly got shafted out a game at the euros because my 'ticket' had somehow already been activated. Get it to f**k.

Probably because everyone moans about losing/damaging tickets, so "why not just send it to my phone, get physical tickets to f**k".

Much like how everyone moaned about having to carry cash to get in, so "why not let me pay in advance and just use a ticket, get carrying to cash to f**k".

All in, your response probably suggest your now a "da".

I get this, it seems to be “solving” a problem that does not seem to exist. 

Football has been fine for 150 years with paper briefs.

I suppose the argument will be it is harder to duplicate tickets but is that really a big issue in a Scotland v Moldavia match / average SPFL game?

It was handy for me travelling to Aberdeen last week for the Qarabag game without having an Aberdeen address. Saved me traipsing down to the ticket office before the game, but apparently major issues with people at the Ross county game. 

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Probably because everyone moans about losing/damaging tickets, so "why not just send it to my phone, get physical tickets to f**k".

Much like how everyone moaned about having to carry cash to get in, so "why not let me pay in advance and just use a ticket, get carrying to cash to f**k".

All in, your response probably suggest your now a "da".

In all my years going to football I've never or probably extremely rarely heard of people damaging or losing tickets. If you do then that's on you, must be more careful in life. 

The thing with the QR code you've got all sorts of people who don't know what they're doing you just need to keep it simple for everyone and everyone gets in nice and easy, none of this stood behind some old guy who doesn't even know what button to press to get his screen on never mind find and scan a QR code.

we will just have to get used to it - and the vast majority will do exactly that before long. 

I travelled down yesterday armed with just my phone......got on the train with a QR code, paid for drinks with my mobile and got into the ground with a QR code.....not so long ago I would have had a paer ticket, paper train ticket cash and possibly bank card.

I am sure there are forums with much longer threads on the hassle of paperless train tickets.......

There was a fella in the East Stand who was topless from well before kick off, making a total fool of himself. His missus and his mates all looked utterly mortified to be associated with him.

We also saw this shockingly round fellow take in a deep breath to start singing at Central station and walk straight into a metal barrier belly first. I thought he may pop like a ballon.

How long did people wait in the queue at Mount Florida post-match? We took one look and decided to saunter back into town on foot. Looked an absolute nightmare.

In all my years going to football I've never or probably extremely rarely heard of people damaging or losing tickets. If you do then that's on you, must be more careful in life. 

The thing with the QR code you've got all sorts of people who don't know what they're doing you just need to keep it simple for everyone and everyone gets in nice and easy, none of this stood behind some old guy who doesn't even know what button to press to get his screen on never mind find and scan a QR code.

Yeah I was just playing tbh.

At our European games it was multiple times quicker than when we had folk using tickets etc., and I've no idea why, so presumably its just teething issues with the Scotland fans who are experiencing it for the first time.

1 minute ago, Shteve said:

True....they didnt know what they were doing last night but they should know what they are doing for the next game....we will all need to get used to this and move on.

I hated the new World Handicap System in golf when it was introduced at the beginning of the season......virutually everyone I know (including myself) are now used to it and believe it to be a fairer system.

It will take me a bit longer to get used to five subs though.....still had the fear that we would lose the points for bringing on too many last night

Since moving to a back five, how many of our goals have been as a result of winning the ball fairly high up the park?

Off the top of my head, Fraser v CR, Christie v Serbia, Fraser v Israel, Hendry v Netherlands, Adams v Luxembourg and now Dykes v Moldova. There may be more more that I can't remember - I feel like Dykes' against Slovakia might have been too.

1 minute ago, accies1874 said:

Since moving to a back five, how many of our goals have been as a result of winning the ball fairly high up the park?

Off the top of my head, Fraser v CR, Christie v Serbia, Fraser v Israel, Hendry v Netherlands, Adams v Luxembourg and now Dykes v Moldova. There may be more more that I can't remember - I feel like Dykes' against Slovakia might have been too.

Well observed, do you see that as positive or a negative?

4 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

There was a fella in the East Stand who was topless from well before kick off, making a total fool of himself. His missus and his mates all looked utterly mortified to be associated with him.

We also saw this shockingly round fellow take in a deep breath to start singing at Central station and walk straight into a metal barrier belly first. I thought he may pop like a ballon.

How long did people wait in the queue at Mount Florida post-match? We took one look and decided to saunter back into town on foot. Looked an absolute nightmare.

I might be mis-remembering or getting old but It did seem like an even-more-pished-than-normal crowd last night.  Lots of empty half bottles around us.  Late kickoff on a Saturday, plus the first unrestricted access home game in two years.