Men who wear sandals

In the early days of working from home I couldn't work out why I felt so out of sorts and unproductive. I realised I had bare feet so I put on a pair of pool sandal/sliders and my performance was transformed.
Read the full interview "Ally McCoist: My Gardening Leave Hell" in this week's Radio Times.

On 18/07/2021 at 14:25, Arabdownunder said:
On 18/07/2021 at 14:22, GNU_Linux said:
In New Zealand they call flip-flops thongs.

Nope, thongs is Australian. They're jandals in NZ

An Australian mate living in Amsterdam told me he'd lost one of his thongs whilst cycling home drunk.

I had no idea he meant flip flops and feeling rather confused i asked him "how many were you wearing?" And "how the f**k did it come off while cycling?"

On 18/07/2021 at 06:56, I'm Brian said:

Would crocs be acceptable for a specific, very practical reason?

A reason that wouldn't see the offending items being described as everyday comfortable footwear.

Asking for a friend

They are good for getting into stony lochs/rivers when you are going swimming. I think that’s about it though.

30 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

They are good for getting into stony lochs/rivers when you are going swimming. I think that’s about it though.

You're along the right lines. 

It's fair to say practicality is no friend of fashion

An Australian mate living in Amsterdam told me he'd lost one of his thongs whilst cycling home drunk.
I had no idea he meant flip flops and feeling rather confused i asked him "how many were you wearing?" And "how the f**k did it come off while cycling?"
I said to an Australian girl in my hostel dorm room that I liked her dress, she told me that she "didn't feel like wearing pants that day".