Tokyo "2020"

Donathan

Appogies for missing the excitement.  But can BBC please stop spreading so much time talking ?   You are restricted in how much you can show, but every time i tune your not showing live sport,  WTF
There's not much else on at the moment as it's only 9.30 am in Tokyo. Not a lot if interest in handball in the UK which is one of the things on now.

12 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Appogies for missing the excitement.  But can BBC please stop spreading so much time talking ?   You are restricted in how much you can show, but every time i tune your not showing live sport,  WTF

Absolutely this. They've got so little live action to show, so we have to thole a neverending stream of dull as f*ck talking heads.

Really enjoyed triathlon relay though.......

First time you saw that event as that was its Olympic debut. 
Aye I knew that but it's been an event since 2009 they said but never seen it on council TV / Eurosport / Sky etc previously - Triathlon World Series or whatever they call it I had never spotted this event before.

22 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
47 minutes ago, Left Back said:
Johnny Brownlie deserves a gold after his career

Supposedly stopping competing at Olympic level etc to move on to doing full Iron-man events. Fkn lunatic.

I’ve done a triathlon.  I used to be pretty fit and do a lot of running but even then f**k doing Iron-man distance.  Didn’t help that I was pish at swimming and had zero talent for running.

42 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Decent leaderboard at the golf, Casey & Fleetwood drag themselves into contention. Schauffele the only one of the 4 Americans up there.Screenshot_20210731-092819_BBC%20Sport.jpg

Looks like Im better get ready for his national service unless he shoots at least another 63 or better tomorrow. 

Looks like Im better get ready for his national service unless he shoots at least another 63 or better tomorrow. 
He can do it with See Woo Kim for company, he's so far down the leaderboard he didn't even make that screenshot.

No golds in the rowing for the first time since forever.  Will that be their funding cut?
ETA just after I posted this the BBC are running a segment about this very subject.
Katherine Grainger being the boss of UK Sport won't do them any harm.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sports/team-gb-tokyo-rowing-row-24650120

There's no mention of funding in this but the demise of UK rowing has been one of the big Team GB stories of these Olympic Games