Optimisim levels

3 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Low. I think we will concede a lot of goals. 

Yep, will be more or less rock bottom for most Livi fans atm. 

We've looked really poor in our cup games. Taking into account the illness issues we've had I'd expect us to improve. Problem is our defence has only really been missing one player and that's where we've looked weakest - and our answer to that is a guy who, by all accounts, was a wee bit pish at Falkirk last season. 

Last couple seasons I've went into them happy with 10th and hoping for a top half push. This time I'll be delighted if we get 11th, and not expecting anything higher. 

16 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Yep, will be more or less rock bottom for most Livi fans atm. 

We've looked really poor in our cup games. Taking into account the illness issues we've had I'd expect us to improve. Problem is our defence has only really been missing one player and that's where we've looked weakest - and our answer to that is a guy who, by all accounts, was a wee bit pish at Falkirk last season. 

Last couple seasons I've went into them happy with 10th and hoping for a top half push. This time I'll be delighted if we get 11th, and not expecting anything higher. 

County and Motherwell looking poor at least gives us some hope of not being rooted to the bottom. Not convinced Hearts and Dundee will be that good either. But aye, as things stand, our defence isn't looking too solid, and having them passing it out from the back can only make things worse.  playing in a way that brings pressure on our weakest area doesn't seem the best way to go, but what do i know.

5 minutes ago, Girth said:

Quite simply, I’m expecting to shag all opposition. 

Top spot and all the cups.

Anything  else and McPake has to go.  

Thank you. 

That simply won’t happen as we will win the lot. You can settle for 2nd place in the table.

Thank you. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

12 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Think the first 11 is easily good enough for top 6, but we have little depth. A few injuries to guys like Souttar and Boyce and we are toiling.  If we can add a few more that look good quality I would hope we could push a bit further up the table and close the gap on teams in 3rd/4th.

Your big hopes to avoid failure rely on just Souttar and Boyce? 
Bottom 6 it is.