English Premier League 2021/22 Season

1 minute ago, accies1874 said:

Someone who will help defensively but let him do his thing in buildup.

Yeah. I think Skipp, from what I saw of him last season, would have been ideal for that sort of role, but that ship seems to have sailed. 

Just now, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Think we can safely say Norwich will have one of the relegation spots sewn up.

Not so sure about that, they played pretty well in the first half but they need to have more defensive minded players.  I think Crystal Palace are the only certain relegation candidates.  

4 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Think we can safely say Norwich will have one of the relegation spots sewn up.

Yeah I’m not sure I agree either. They have a few new players and preseason had a Covid outbreak - I think this is the first game the best 11 players have played together. I think they’ll gel more and be ok, even if that’s just being out of the relegation spots. 

Edited by Jambomo

Not so sure about that, they played pretty well in the first half but they need to have more defensive minded players.  I think Crystal Palace are the only certain relegation candidates.  
Palace (and maybe to a lesser extent Villa) strike me as the Premier League's version of Turkey at the Euros. Lots of Twitter analysts/journalists getting excited before an embarrassing collapse.

6 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
9 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Palace (and maybe to a lesser extent Villa) strike me as the Premier League's version of Turkey at the Euros. Lots of Twitter analysts/journalists getting excited before an embarrassing collapse.

Villa need to invest across the defence, a full-back and experienced centre-back at.the very  least.

Tuanzebe is unproven at EPL level and and Ashley Young is 35. Mings can lose the head and his concentration.

20 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Yeah. I think Skipp, from what I saw of him last season, would have been ideal for that sort of role, but that ship seems to have sailed. 

There was no chance that Norwich could have brought Skipp back. He'll be a starter for Spurs this season.