English Premier League 2021/22 Season

1 minute ago, J_Stewart said:

Yes, because of course referees have never made incorrect decisions or missed things in the past.

He trips him with his left leg and pulls his shirt. It’s an absolutely blatant penalty.

He doesn't trip him. It is a close decision. You could look at it and say the city player moved into the arsenal playrer and dived. That is why VAR should not have got invvolved. Not a clear error from the ref. And  another to add to the countless examples of EPL refs misusing VAR.

10 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Yes he dived, but Xhaka is clearly pulling his shirt in the box as Silva runs past him.

8 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Diving is a foul too.. so he was diving before the pull

I wish a ref would have the guts to punish them both. Award the penalty because there was a foul, but also book the guy for diving coz he's clearly trying to cheat.

Don't think I've ever seen it in football, but have in ice hockey. 

Just now, Mr. Alli said:

Referee doesn't award a penalty. VAR say want to look at that again, lad? 

Referee has a look, changes his mind. Penalty awarded. 

Man on Internet : IT WAS NOT AN ERROR FROM REFEREE. 

It has to be more than an error. I'm quoting here.

What qualifies as a “clear and obvious error”? 

In testing, there was no unanimity. Different VARs came up with different outcomes.

But the VAR should not be asking, "Do I think it's right or wrong?" The question is, "Is what the match officials have done a clear and obvious error?"

There is a very high bar for that intervention. 

2 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

When apparently the VAR said "he pulled him down" it show the VAR has bad opinions

Or two highly qualified referees have a better understanding of the rules relating to shirt pulling than (mainly hungover) people on an internet forum.

2 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

It has to be more than an error. I'm quoting here.

What qualifies as a “clear and obvious error”? 

In testing, there was no unanimity. Different VARs came up with different outcomes.

But the VAR should not be asking, "Do I think it's right or wrong?" The question is, "Is what the match officials have done a clear and obvious error?"

There is a very high bar for that intervention. 

And the VAR obviosuly felt it met that threshold.

Why is that so hard for you to comprehend, even if you disagree with it?

2 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Or two highly qualified referees have a better understanding of the rules relating to shirt pulling than (mainly hungover) people on an internet forum.

Or a group of referees who have made mistakes time and again (some that the EPL have admitted to) have made another mistake.

If I was Pep, I'd be taking Ake off and getting a more forward thinking player on. He's being hesitant going forward and defensively. 
Chuck Cancelo out there, mainly because I've always wanted to see De Bruyne at RB.

3 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

And the VAR obviosuly felt it met that threshold.

Why is that so hard for you to comprehend, even if you disagree with it?

To be fair, given they are still arguing about it on BT, maybe it isn’t that clear cut. 

Edited by Jambomo

1 minute ago, Jambomo said:

To be fair, given they are still arguing about it on BT, maybe it isn’t that clear cut. 

If you're "was it a clear and obvious error?" comrades are Steve McManaman and Martin Keown then it's probably best you accept you're wrong.