English Premier League 2021/22 Season

16 minutes ago, smpar said:

I’m sure he’d be absolutely fine on a jury. This an internet chat forum, not a criminal courtroom. People are allowed to make very reasonable conclusions based on damning evidence.

This sanctimonious “I refuse to comment until legal proceedings have taken place because I’m extremely intelligent” stance isn’t quite the look you think it is.

It’s interesting that you see it that way, and it’s interesting that you are wrong again. I have commented. 

The BBC is reporting that Frank Lampard has signed a 2.5 year deal with Everton - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60192650
His appointment will be confirmed officially tomorrow. 
Paul Clement is "in contention" to join the coaching team. Will Duncan Ferguson stay on?
Should run a sweep as to how many months of the 30 he is contracted for he actually lasts.

2 hours ago, Thorongil said:

This looks bad for Greenwood, but let’s see if it stands up. Either way, it’s none of my business or anyone here’s. It’s between Greenwood, the accuser and the authorities. 

This is a bit wild.  Are you saying the media shouldn’t report on any crime because it’s none of our business?

Greenwood banged that bird in Iceland after the England game 6 months ago when I assume he was with this girl.
Her dad is clearly a huge fud. He should be wanting to leather Greenwood rather than support him.
Was the branch still open or after hours?

15 minutes ago, Left Back said:

This is a bit wild.  Are you saying the media shouldn’t report on any crime because it’s none of our business?

I’m not saying that no. 

What I am saying is that those who are spending their day on social media saying how guilty he is, wishing rape on him in prison and saying what they think should happen to him should maybe hold off on quite THAT level of invective until the matter has been properly investigated. 

Is that really so “wild”?

2 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

I’m not saying that no. 

What I am saying is that those who are spending their day on social media saying how guilty he is, wishing rape on him in prison and saying what they think should happen to him should maybe hold off on quite THAT level of invective until the matter has been properly investigated. 

That’s a totally different view to the one I quoted but It is still wild.

If something like this happened in the days before social media the same conversations would be happening in pubs etc. up and down the country.

Just because the medium has changed the conversations/allegations/accusations haven’t and would still have been discussed.  Why would people refrain from discussing something on social media they’ll be discussing in any other social medium?

32 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
1 hour ago, Bishop Briggs said:
The BBC is reporting that Frank Lampard has signed a 2.5 year deal with Everton - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60192650
His appointment will be confirmed officially tomorrow. 
Paul Clement is "in contention" to join the coaching team. Will Duncan Ferguson stay on?

Should run a sweep as to how many months of the 30 he is contracted for he actually lasts.

I'll give him until the end of the year if Everton avoid relegation.

20 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Apparently he’s away to Sunderland. Overlooked for the job and Lampard wanted to demote him to set piece coach, so he’s told them to f**k off. 

Good for him but Sunderland's owner is trigger happy like Watford's.

Lee Johnson was fired today after a bad  6-0 away defeat but Sunderland are third and should make the play-offs anyway.

20 minutes ago, Left Back said:

That’s a totally different view to the one I quoted but It is still wild.

If something like this happened in the days before social media the same conversations would be happening in pubs etc. up and down the country.

Just because the medium has changed the conversations/allegations/accusations haven’t and would still have been discussed.  Why would people refrain from discussing something on social media they’ll be discussing in any other social medium?

Yes, I know. I get all that. 
I’m just saying I don’t like it. Capische?

And I didn’t SAY they should refrain from discussing it.

Edited by Thorongil

11 hours ago, Thorongil said:

This is so moronic. You don’t know if Giggs did what he is accused of. You won’t know until the outcome of the case. 
The Greenwood allegations need to be investigated. 

I understand the opportunity to condemn others is, for many humans, an utterly intoxicating thing. But what a functioning non-moron does is he/she waits at least until he/she knows with reasonable certainty whether the allegations he/she is criticising actually occurred. 

It’s not hard. Just try to hold yourself back until you know for sure. In the meantime there are people found guilty of heinous crimes every day and you can satisfy your lust for dishing out condemnation on them.

Correction, I won't know ever. Courts don't seek to establish absolute guilt, only without a reasonable doubt. Also, my opinion on Giggs hasn't really changed since he was accused in court of these offences, even before that the publicly available information on him confirmed he was a horrible individual.

And your takes are completely wild, not least becuase the whole #metoo movement started after Harvey Weinstein was accused (not after he was found guilty).

Try to hold myself back 😂 you think I'm offering him a square go or something?

Nope, the reason this needs to be widely and instantly condemned is for three reasons:

• Show young, impressionable people who looked up to Greenwood this is absolutely not okay despite how good a footballer is
  • Continue to support victims, believe their accounts and encourage more to come out 
  • Lots of high profile atheletes have got away with similar offences, more coverage = less chance of a cover up

Your shtick only really works if everyone is saying that he should be locked up without trial - but nobody is saying that. And if you were really bothered about it your protestations would be much more suitable to obvious public cases of this like Guantanamo Bay.

But it's clear you wouldn't be bothering with this nonsense if it was a simple assault case, rather this is a dog whistle attempt because you don't like high profile men being accused of sexual crimes and domestic assault. Why? God knows, something you will have to wrestle with in your conscious.

I wonder what your opinion is of Robinho, he's been convicted but refuses to face justice. Guess we must all refrain from criticisng him I guess?

If more people were like you, throwing in accusations the evidence had been 'faked' and waiting for the conclusion of a criminal trial before doing (or saying!) anything the world would be a much worse place, and much more difficult for victims. 

10 hours ago, NotThePars said:

“Well if a court hasn’t established guilt I don’t believe anyone else can make a judgment” is the most pseudo-intellectual shitebag move in the game.

It's clear 'Thorongil' has abosolutely no knowledge or experience of judicial matters - he thought courts establish innocene FFS.

4 hours ago, Thorongil said:

I’m not saying that no. 

In all this you've got one thing right - the whole prison rape joke needs retiring.

You're completely wrong about everything else though, and you can choose a bit of self reflection here or keep digging a hole.

If you want to see if you're in the wrong, ask your female friends or relatives what they think of the Greenwood case - horrific, scumbag behaviour or possibly faked evidence and nobody knows for sure until a criminal case is concluded and we shouldn't say anything on the matter until then.

If they're still talking to you they will tell you what a dick you are.

Edited by Satoshi

2 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Correction, I won't know ever. Courts don't seek to establish absolute guilt, only without a reasonable doubt. Also, my opinion on Giggs hasn't really changed since he was accused in court of these offences, even before that the publicly available information on him confirmed he was a horrible individual.

And your takes are completely wild, not least becuase the whole #metoo movement started after Harvey Weinstein was accused (not after he was found guilty).

Try to hold myself back 😂 you think I'm offering him a square go or something?

Nope, the reason this needs to be widely and instantly condemned is for three reasons:

• Show young, impressionable people who looked up to Greenwood this is absolutely not okay despite how good a footballer is
  • Continue to support victims, believe their accounts and encourage more to come out 
  • Lots of high profile atheletes have got away with similar offences, more coverage = less chance of a cover up

Your shtick only really works if everyone is saying that he should be locked up without trial - but nobody is saying that. And if you were really bothered about it your protestations would be much more suitable to obvious public cases of this like Guantanamo Bay.

But it's clear you wouldn't be bothering with this nonsense if it was a simple assault case, rather this is a dog whistle attempt because you don't like high profile men being accused of sexual crimes and domestic assault. Why? God knows, something you will have to wrestle with in your conscious.

I wonder what your opinion is of Robinho, he's been convicted but refuses to face justice. Guess we must all refrain from criticisng him I guess?

If more people were like you, throwing in accusations the evidence had been 'faked' and waiting for the conclusion of a criminal trial before doing (or saying!) anything the world would be a much worse place, and much more difficult for victims. 

It's clear 'Thorongil' has abosolutely no knowledge or experience of judicial matters - he thought courts establish innoncene FFS.

In all this you've got one thing right - the whole prison rape joke needs retiring.

You're completely wrong about everything else though, and you can choose a bit of self reflection here or keep digging a hole.

If you want to see if you're in the wrong, ask your female friends or relatives what they think of the Greenwood case - horrific, scumbag behaviour or possibly faked evidence and nobody knows for sure until a criminal case is concluded and we shouldn't say anything on the matter until then.

If they're still talking to you they will tell you what a dick you are.

What a terrible post from beginning to end, filled with deliberate and unintended falsehoods as well as wilful misinterpretations of what I have said. Hard to understand what would motivate a post like that. 

15 hours ago, Thorongil said:

Oh my. 😮

1 hour ago, Thorongil said:

What a terrible post from beginning to end, filled with deliberate and unintended falsehoods as well as wilful misinterpretations of what I have said. Hard to understand what would motivate a post like that. 

Yeah, you tried this last time too.

And it's maybe not a terrible strategy when you've been snookered.

I quite like the line in the Secret Barrister where he says representing yourself is a cheap and easy way to be found guilty.

Someone like you thinks he knows what he's talking about, absolutely does not, thinks the court is there to ascertain his innocence and your response to any challenge:

"There's so much wrong with that I don't know where to begin, so I'll ignore and continue talking pish instead".

Some brass neck, would people would have smelled the coffee and fucked off.

4 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Yeah, you tried this last time too.

And it's maybe not a terrible strategy when you've been snookered.

I quite like the line in the Secret Barrister where he says representing yourself is a cheap and easy way to be found guilty.

Someone like you thinks he knows what he's talking about, absolutely does not, thinks the court is there to ascertain his innocence and your response to any challenge:

"There's so much wrong with that I don't know where to begin, so I'll ignore and continue talking pish instead".

Some brass neck, would people would have smelled the coffee and fucked off.

What is this thing you keep saying, that a court doesn’t establish innocence? Let’s see if we can unravel that, for starters. 

1 hour ago, Thorongil said:

What is this thing you keep saying, that a court doesn’t establish innocence? Let’s see if we can unravel that, for starters. 

No, the court seeks to establish guilt.

Sometimes it will proclaim people are innocent, but not usually and certainly not as a matter of default. You're guilty or not guilty (or not proven in Scotland). There is no innocent verdict.

And the court is seeking to establish if the accused is guilty not if they are innocent (hence why the burden of proof lies with the state/prosecutors/crown/whatever).

So you're just fucking wrong, not much more I can say on the subject.