English Premier League 2021/22 Season

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
Was that Highbury in the shot with Emirates there? Assumed it would have been knocked down.

It's been turned into flats in the shape of the stand with a garden where the pitch was

I think some of it was listed. But a great idea to retain the shape. I'd heard Arsenal still own some of them and rent them to players...or anyone else who can afford it.

What is P&B's preferred pronunciation of Joelinton? Across TV punditry today I've heard:
Joe Linton
Joel Linton
Joe Ellinton
He appears to have scored twice today, which in itself is confusing tbh.
Absolutely prefer Joe Ellinton.

Just trips off the tongue lovely.

It's been turned into flats in the shape of the stand with a garden where the pitch was

Walked down to see it when I was at the Scotland v Brazil game at the Emirates. It looks really cool, they've managed to preserve Highbury quite nicely.

Rordis’ goal today was a brilliant strike, you can see why Watford are heading down. So lightweight and just easily cut through. Was having a look at the table. The bottom 3 (so far) have conceded 181 goals between them. And after today, their total goal difference is -100. I wonder if that is close to a record. Had swindon had conceded 100 when they went down?

19 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Rordis’ goal today was a brilliant strike, you can see why Watford are heading down. So lightweight and just easily cut through. Was having a look at the table. The bottom 3 (so far) have conceded 181 goals between them. And after today, their total goal difference is -100. I wonder if that is close to a record. Had swindon had conceded 100 when they went down?

Swindon conceded exactly 100 that season

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993–94_FA_Premier_League#League_table

Must be shite being a goalkeeper in they 3 teams, i know it is their job to be the last line of defence and all 3 of them are capable of the odd very good game, but when the 3/4/5 infront of you are constantly being breached as easy as they are there is only so much you can do.

Great VAR action there. Goal ruled out for offside but penalty for a foul in the build up. 

Those are exactly the calls that show how good VAR can be

It's flats now but some of the facade was kept. 

870959998_images(16).jpeg.f334bae035827c8260f6a4ee133c0fb9.jpeg

That's stunning, bet it's a fortune to stay there though

Love the punditry.

Souness on Chelsea: “They’re not at it. They are just not at it. Tuchel will se they are not at it at all today” Campbell “Yeah, they are just not at it at all today”.  Souness on West Ham “They are at it today, Moyes will be very happy” 🤣

I can’t believe I pay money for that insight

Edited by Jambomo