Dundee FC vs St Mirren

The way they've been going, you'd think last season was one of their best ever seasons as well.
Last season was one of the highest if not the highest finish of my lifetime. Most of the 90s and some of the 00s were a write off for us. We had some crap teams in the 10's too.

It was a good season on paper but it felt like failure in all honesty. Lost 2 winnable semis and blew top 6 when it was in our hands for a few games.

The standard of the league has risen with Hearts and Dundee replacing 2 absolute jobber teams. Thankfully it appears County haven't strengthened but I'd hope we can have a similar season, semis are a bonus right enough. United showed last season it isn't a huge step up but they did shit fest for most of it.

Cracking vote of confidence in our new CH Sweeney by putting McGhee out of his tried and tested position of CM to CH due to missing Fontaine and 2 youth players in midfield.

Gonna be a tough day. Hope that's a master stroke.

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

ETA Subs

Subs: Lyness, Tait, McCarthy, MacPherson, Kiltie, Dennis, Erwin.

I'd have McCarthy in there for Fraser, but apart from that, it's the correct line up IMO.

Having Erhahon in there allows him to sit deep and cover, whilst Power wins the ball further up the park.

1 minute ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Last season was one of the highest if not the highest finish of my lifetime. Most of the 90s and some of the 00s were a write off for us. We had some crap teams in the 10's too.

It was a good season on paper but it felt like failure in all honesty. Lost 2 winnable semis and blew top 6 when it was in our hands for a few games.

The standard of the league has risen with Hearts and Dundee replacing 2 absolute jobber teams. Thankfully it appears County haven't strengthened but I'd hope we can have a similar season, semis are a bonus right enough. United showed last season it isn't a huge step up but they did shit fest for most of it.

United had a good start that basically got them over the line. They'd have been in trouble were it not for that.

Decent line-up for us, as @sergie's no1 fan says Erhahon was good against Thistle and deserves his start. It's also the sensible tactical move. Surprised to see Henderson and not Tait at RWB, but that's a great vote of confidence for the kid.

17 minutes ago, eindhovendeeaggio said:

St Mirren are favourites for this with every bookie, I'm hoping for a point.

With St.mirren then celtic and St.johnstone id be looking for 4 points. The 3 points starting today. St.johnstone ud presume be favourites also . 2 points from a possible 9 wouldn't be good.

2 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

With St.mirren then celtic and St.johnstone id be looking for 4 points. The 3 points starting today. St.johnstone ud presume be favourites also . 2 points from a possible 9 wouldn't be good.

Hibs are our 3rd game.

Today is the day we need points from because as much as Celtic are a shambles, they'll have their initial new signings up to speed for our game and I reckon Hibs will comfortably finish 3rd this season so if we don't get points today it'll be a long 3 weeks.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Hibs are our 3rd game.

Today is the day we need points from because as much as Celtic are a shambles, they'll have their initial new signings up to speed for our game and I reckon Hibs will comfortably finish 3rd this season so if we don't get points today it'll be a long 3 weeks.

Ah my bad. Even then 3 points from these 3 games be something we need. 

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Hibs are our 3rd game.

And not signing a first team level centre half proving a mistake on day one. I'd take a point now tbh

United had a good start that basically got them over the line. They'd have been in trouble were it not for that.
Decent line-up for us, as [mention=13]sergie's no1 fan[/mention] says Erhahon was good against Thistle and deserves his start. It's also the sensible tactical move. Surprised to see Henderson and not Tait at RWB, but that's a great vote of confidence for the kid.

I’d fancy Henderson to be first pick most weeks certainly in the games we have no need to go there to sit in.

Just now, MarkoDevilovich said:

And not signing a first team level centre half proving a mistake on day one. I'd take a point now tbh

It's the same as last season. McPake gets there eventually as he's proven, but he takes an awful long time to fix things. Hoping Sweeney has a knock or something and can only make the bench because to be ousting McGhee from the position he's absolutely dominated in is a strange call otherwise.

26 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Cracking vote of confidence in our new CH Sweeney by putting McGhee out of his tried and tested position of CM to CH due to missing Fontaine and 2 youth players in midfield.

Gonna be a tough day. Hope that's a master stroke.

We so definitely need another CH, shooting ourselves in the foot to get around that fact today.