Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

United don't look like they have any intention of taking the ball out of their own half. Treating Aberdeen as if they're Real Madrid. Showing far too much respect.

Either that or they're just very poorly coached and can't get anywhere near Aberdeen. It's like a game of attack vs defence.

Nothing I've seen from Courts makes me think he's anything more than an absolute fanny, tbh. He just reeks of it.

Feels like a top 6 side v a bottom 6 side so far, which is likely what we'll find by the seasons end.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Nothing I've seen from Courts makes me think he's anything more than an absolute fanny, tbh. He just reeks of it.

Feels like a top 6 side v a bottom 6 side so far, which is likely what we'll find by the seasons end.

I heard Courts on the radio yesterday in the way back from Dingwall. He sounded like a guy being interviewed for a middle management job in an insurance call centre. Talking about “scalability” and “primary targets” and just total nonsense like that.

Just now, stumigoo said:

Can’t think of a single redeeming feature from this first half. Complete and utter guff.

At least your manager is giving youth a chance.

The old laptop I'm watching this on has just crashed for the 2nd time during this match. Still less infuriating than actually watching United.

ETA: I assume while my computer's been down I've likely missed our commentators spouting their usual half time claim that we haven't started playing our typical passing game yet.

Edited by captainkev

Just now, Jamie_Beatson said:

I heard Courts on the radio yesterday in the way back from Dingwall. He sounded like a guy being interviewed for a middle management job in an insurance call centre. Talking about “scalability” and “primary targets” and just total nonsense like that.

Yeah it drips off him. He absolutely had a photo of a pyramid playing some part of his interview for the job, along with 100 mentions of "the process".

Aberdeen never got out of first gear that half. Hard to tell if they're gonna be a quality side this season or a laughing stock just due to how unambitious United have been. United made 1 push at the very end of the half and Harkes arguably should be putting that in the net.

Drivel from us.  Marginally improved since the goal but that miss at the end is the only time I can recall Harkes touching the ball.  Pawlett's only contribution of the half came in the same build up.

Only positive is Mulgrew looks fine.

4 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Can’t think of a single redeeming feature from this first half. Complete and utter guff.

Harkes has been better than normal is about the only positive take I can get from that first half. 

Smith absolutely needs to take the ball more than the half way line more often. 

Tbf United don't look so murder ball they just haven't had enough it to do anything. 

Can see us sneaking a draw here though.