Kilwinning Rangers 24/25

What has McKim achieved as a manager? His Johnstone Burgh side were seriously underperforming before he got the sack. I hadn't previously heard of him. 

Any other contenders for the job?  The way things have gone over the last 3 years I wouldn't be surprised if they triumphantly announced Chris Aitken as the new manager.

35 minutes ago, energyzone said:

What has McKim achieved as a manager? His Johnstone Burgh side were seriously underperforming before he got the sack. I hadn't previously heard of him. 

Any other contenders for the job?  The way things have gone over the last 3 years I wouldn't be surprised if they triumphantly announced Chris Aitken as the new manager.

That made me laugh.

Quite an accurate way of summing up of how things have gone over recent years.

McKim brought Johnstone Burgh from near-extinction in the old West Second Division to being heavy-hitters this season before he was relieved of his duties.

Already put one over us at Buffs Park when we met but I suppose that wasn’t exactly difficult.

The new manager will have to have the suitable coaching qualifications for a Scottish FA licensed club, or be able to get them in the timescale stipulated by the Scottish FA. The same applies to whoever the first team coach will be.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

The new manager will have to have the suitable coaching qualifications for a Scottish FA licensed club, or be able to get them in the timescale stipulated by the Scottish FA. The same applies to whoever the first team coach will be.

From my understanding the qualfications requirement for entry level licensing is an adult level one qualification, which you can get in a few evenings, it's not really a barrier to anyone wanting to coach 

9 minutes ago, Pollok mad said:

From my understanding the qualfications requirement for entry level licensing is an adult level one qualification, which you can get in a few evenings, it's not really a barrier to anyone wanting to coach 

The level one qualification involves the 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 sections, which I think are a couple of nights/days for each session. However, 1.2 cannot be booked until 1.1 is completed, and similarly 1.3 cannot be booked until 1.2 is completed. The Scottish FA coaching courses are usually booked out a few months in advance, so it's not just a matter of appointing a manager without the qualifications and sticking him on a course for a few evenings the following week. It took Glencairn's manager and coach 6 months to get the courses completed a few years ago.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, glensmad said:

The level one qualification involves the 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 sections, which I think are a couple of nights/days for each session. However, 1.2 cannot be booked until 1.1 is completed, and similarly 1.3 cannot be booked until 1.2 is completed. The Scottish FA coaching courses are usually booked out a few months in advance, so it's not just a matter of appointing a manager without the qualifications and sticking him on a course for a few evenings the following week. It took Glencairn's manager and coach 6 months to get the courses completed a few years ago.

Youre factually correct however its Complete and utter nonsense you never saw your wullie Knox,bobby dicksons and dennis Gray's needing these qualifications to manage to a great standard .

Edited by Thejackdaw

9 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Youre factually correct however its Complete and utter nonsense you never saw your wullie Knox,bobby dicksons and dennis Gray's needing these qualifications to manage to a great standard .

I’d agree with that. It’s just box ticking. Much of football at this level - and I’d argue up until at least League One - is simply about good old school man management to get the best out of very similarly skilled part time players. 

it might sound old fashioned but it’s still true in the lower echelons of any league set up in the UK. 

1 hour ago, Thejackdaw said:

Take your opinion up with the Scottish FA. 😉 I just give you the facts.

1 hour ago, Thejackdaw said:

Jeff winters 

Bernie Winters , they deserve the mess their in got rid of a manager who was doing a great job ( and you’ve seen how good he’s done at Beith) now just a stream of failures and relegations .

Schnorbitz didn’t fancy the gig at the Buffs park unfortunately.

A more likely scenario (to borrow a plot from Still Game) is Chris Aitken shaves his head and is introduced as the new manager (and brother of the old manager) …. Stevie!

2 hours ago, the nearly man said:

Bernie Winters , they deserve the mess their in got rid of a manager who was doing a great job ( and you’ve seen how good he’s done at Beith) now just a stream of failures and relegations .

Deserve the mess 'their' in.

I bet you are fun at parties.