Raith v Aberdeen

RRFC2711

This commentary from Premier is a bit over the top, no? Aberdeen are playing well enough, the Rovers have dropped out of the game a little and the goal was a great strike, but it's been their only real chance created. You'd think Aberdeen were 7-0 up, the way they're going on about it. 
absolutely dominant though

3 minutes ago, Baldie1980 said:
9 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:
This commentary from Premier is a bit over the top, no? Aberdeen are playing well enough, the Rovers have dropped out of the game a little and the goal was a great strike, but it's been their only real chance created. You'd think Aberdeen were 7-0 up, the way they're going on about it. 

absolutely dominant though

Pretty much so, but it’s a good test for us.

There is that slightly sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach every time an Aberdeen wingback gets the ball about 35 yards out and surveys the pitch like a Lino seeking prey…but the back line is doing well here and we’re actually showing a little bit of threat here and there.

3 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

These fucking set pieces man.

Oy

3 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Zanatta looks like our only hope going forward. Varian looks murder. 

Very little push in the middle for him to be involved in though. Blaise looks useful.

Weird game.  We have restricted Aberdeen to very little other than a great strike, and have had the better chances.  However I feel like Aberdeen are in control and can turn up the gears if they need to.

Usually,  you would say it's all about nicking a goal from a set piece.  But, you know, they are shite.

We have knocked the ball around well and the goal was a great bit of quality from Emmanuel-Thomas and McGinn. I'd like to see us creating some more clear-cut chances, though.

We could do with another as I think there's a goal in this for Raith. Gurr looks better than I expected going forward, but probably still question marks over him defensively. Gallagher and McCrorie have both had moments where they have been caught a bit too easily in dangerous positions, too. 

For all that Aberdeen have had the ball, they've created next to nothing other than the goal. They've gotten down the sides a few times but Benedictus and Berra are coping absolutely fine. 

I'd argue that with the shot that BRS had blocked and the one that Zanatta put into the side netting, we've actually had the better of the chances (again, other than the goal). 

We all know this Aberdeen side are quality, so I'm not sure what the commentator and "Crags" were expecting. There's no sense in going toe to toe. You soak up the pressure and try to play on the break, which we've done. 

We'd do a damn sight better at playing on the break if we could deliver a fucking set piece, right enough. Two corners and a dangerous freekick in that half. One straight out of play, two that were highly preventable offsides. Massively frustrating. 

I imagine Aberdeen will continue to turn the screw as the Rovers tire, and they'll bring extra quality off the bench, so this will probably finished 2 or 3-0, but I've been fairly encouraged by what I've seen. 

Varian has struggled to get involved, I'd be bringing on Poplatnik or Keatings to try and introduce a little more guile. BRS hasn't looked as off the pace as I first feared, but you can see just how much a difference Spencer and Vaughan would make to this side. 

Zanatta hitting the side netting when Matthews is waiting for a tap in was a shocker. BRS also miskicks the ball when Gallagher gets back to block. I think if he makes a solid connection he scores.

Aberdeen are clearly better than us. The ball is sticking with JET where it’s bouncing off when it gets to Varian. Think John will keep it the same for 20 mins before trying something else, if we are still in the game come then.

4 minutes ago, renton said:

No, he's a liability. Not tracking his man at all.

2 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
7 minutes ago, TxRover said:
Very little push in the middle for him to be involved in though. Blaise looks useful.

Blaise Really Slow? Is it early morning in Texas? Get the sleep oot yer eyes.

Disagree…he’s looking useful as a DM, but he’s supposed to be an AM and feeding Varian…which is hurting how Varian looks.