Celtic FC vs Dundee FC

Lot of talk about our wing backs but the defending from Ashcroft and Sweeney has been up there with some of the poorest I've seen. They've not accurately marked a player all game.

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Don't worry, after watch this fiasco they won't go near him with a barge pole.

f**k all the Greg talk, we need a new RB and CB that can compete at this level by the end of August.

Aye I’m sure MK Dons we’re fully expecting James McPake to lead newly promoted Dundee to victory away to Celtic in their opening home game of the season

Edited by RossDee01

37 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Not really been troubled at the back however still makes you nervous everytime the ball starts to get passed about there.

Despite the obvious issues in defence we look today considerably better than we did at my point last season especially going forward. Signings also appear to be of better quality Abada and Kyogo already look capable of running riot in this league.

Aye the 2 lads you mentioned already look to good for this league.

They are absolutely pishing it today.

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

Aye I’m sure MK Dons we’re fully expecting James McPake to lead newly promoted Dundee to victory in their opening home game of the season

Sad that you're focusing on that rather than my main point, as always.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Lot of talk about our wing backs but the defending from Ashcroft and Sweeney has been up there with some of the poorest I've seen. They've not accurately marked a player all game.

Ashcroft I can't understand what fans see good about him defensively. Going forward and scoring goals at corners / free kicks he did well last season. 

Our defence hasn't been strengthened. Was surprised many fans think we would finish above 8th ( please see the other thread for predictions, all be it not our fans predicted this)

The defence needs addressed pronto. 

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

Sad that you're focusing on that rather than my main point, as always.

We’ve signed 2 defenders, not one. I agree that we could do with one or two more in but it doesn’t help that Elliott has been out injured, Kerr is injured and Fontaine is injured. That’s 3 of the back 4 that started the playoff final against Killie out injured.

Ashcroft I can't understand what fans see good about him defensively. Going forward and scoring goals at corners / free kicks he did well last season. 
Our defence hasn't been strengthened. Was surprised many fans think we would finish above 8th ( please see the other thread for predictions, all be it not our fans predicted this)
The defence needs addressed pronto. 
Our defence is appalling but we still have the perennial problem of a midfield that stands back and let's the opposition do what they want or waltz through unchallenged.

It's not just the defence where we are lacking.

We’ve signed 2 defenders, not one. I agree that we could do with one or two more in but it doesn’t help that Elliott has been out injured, Kerr is injured and Fontaine is injured. That’s 3 of the back 4 that started the playoff final against Killie out injured.
Kerr should not have been given a new contract - not good enough for this level.

As for Christie Elliott - he's not even a Championship level defender.

We need a right back, a centre half and a beast in midfield.

4 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Our defence is appalling but we still have the perennial problem of a midfield that stands back and let's the opposition do what they want or waltz through unchallenged.

It's not just the defence where we are lacking.

Absolutely.  Third worst record. But stats are we got promoted. The main stat. This is now survival.

Between us and Ross County. I'd take 11th and fight the play off with whoever. A long season ahead. 

Edited by Robin.Hood

Absolutely.  Third worst record. But stats are we got promoted. The main stat. This is now survival.
Between us and Ross County. I'd take 11th and fight the play off with whoever. A long season ahead. 
I think we can get 10th but we need to wake up and smell the salts soon - start fighting fir every ball instead of this powder puff stuff.