Ayr vs Arbroath

Reckon we'll be bringing in another midfielder after that. Lucky to get a draw but I'm not complaining. Their penalty was a joke from where I stood but, hey-ho, who cares now? Thought McAllister might get a shout off the bench but maybe next week? Thought the ref was a dick - nothing changes.   

22 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

Reckon we'll be bringing in another midfielder after that. Lucky to get a draw but I'm not complaining. Their penalty was a joke from where I stood but, hey-ho, who cares now? Thought McAllister might get a shout off the bench but maybe next week? Thought the ref was a dick - nothing changes.   

That ref is always the same, goes out of his way to ruin games. In fairness it was a clear penalty from my view at the fence on the NT.

Utter dross from Ayr for the most part, Murdoch swamped, Adeloye with 3 men on him and our keeper and back line just shelling long balls to nobody. Personally I think O'Connor (who tried his best and showed quality in flashes) was shoehorned in by Hopkin to try and appease the fans and it just didn't work.

Why Muirhead was omitted is beyond me.

Houston not up to it for me, Fjortoft had a nightmare, Reading was very poor again in the first half (picked up in the second), Baird ducking under the ball (think it was Baird) for the second goal was beyond horrendous and link up play from anyone was just non existent.

I did think Maxwell was very good and Adeloye again looks really classy at this level but these tactics are just terrible.

Personally I'd like to see McAdams in goal, McAllister in for Houston, 4 at the back with Fjortoft and Baird dropped, Muirhead and McGinty at CH, a midfield of Salkeld Right, Maxwell Left and Murdoch and new signing but even Chalmers in beside with Adeloye and O'Connor / Afolabi up top.

Incidentally, I've not been overly impressed with the little of Afolabi I've seen so far, however it would at least take pressure from Adeloye with 2 up top. I really like O'Connor but just not sure how he fits in just now, maybe as a winger (in place of Salkeld) or a free role roaming up top or just behind Adeloye ??

Christ knows !!

As for Arbroath, they were pretty decent and should have been out of sight.

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Incidentally, I've not been overly impressed with the little of Afolabi I've seen so far

He signed this week. Aren't you the one who insisted that a) everyone be given time to bed in and b) there was nothing wrong with waiting until it was nearly Autumn to finish with transfers?

We finished the game with arguably our best XI and formation - something that should have been played from the start. Adeloye is not a hold up player, In fact he's quite bad at it, so we need to go with two up top. Salkeld is useless and I'm sure he would be happy enough just doing sprints at the side of the park with no ball near him. I know I would be happy to see him do that instead of take up a jersey. 

Play 442

Keeper

Houston-mcginty-Fjortoft-Reading

O'Connor-Murdoch-Muirhead-Maxwell 

Tomi-Moff/Fobi 

If we can't get something like this then we are absolutely fucked this season. Smith appears to be as much a fan as any of us on the terraces, hopefully he can get Hopkin to f**k sooner rather than later 

Edited by Shibuya

1 minute ago, Shibuya said:

We finished the game with arguably our best XI and formation - something that should have been played from the start. Adeloye is not a hold up player, I'm fact he's quite bad at it, so we need to go with two up top. Salkeld is useless and I'm sure he would be happy enough just doing sprints at the side of the park with no ball near him. I know I would be happy to see him do that instead of take up a jersey. 

Play 442

Houston-mcginty-fjortoft-Reading

Tomi-Moff/Fobi

Ooh that’s a good team 

1 minute ago, Shibuya said:

We finished the game with arguably our best XI and formation - something that should have been played from the start. Adeloye is not a hold up player, I'm fact he's quite bad at it, so we need to go with two up top. Salkeld is useless and I'm sure he would be happy enough just doing sprints at the side of the park with no ball near him. I know I would be happy to see him do that instead of take up a jersey. 

Play 442

Houston-mcginty-fjortoft-Reading

Tomi-Moff/Fobi

For the moment it has to be this exact team for me - then Muirhead can move back one when a central midfielder is signed. McAdams in nets. It’ll be interesting seeing Afolabi starting a game - he seems to be a player who exploits space in behind defences (space which hasn’t  existed when he has came on as we have been chasing things) 

6 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Ayr fans celebrating a draw at home to Arbroath probably sums them up. 

Mind the gap.

Your patter is shite, embarrassingly shite. Really bad. You may think you are some kind of witty troll but you are a tragic attention seeking w**k. Go and f**k your dad 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

For the moment it has to be this exact team for me - then Muirhead can move back one when a central midfielder is signed. McAdams in nets. It’ll be interesting seeing Afolabi starting a game - he seems to be a player who exploits space in behind defences (space which hasn’t  existed when he has came on as we have been chasing things) 

Going down 

4 minutes ago, Killiefan said:

Ooh that’s a good team 

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

Your patter is shite, embarrassingly shite. Really bad. You may think you are some kind of witty troll but you are a tragic attention seeking w**k. Go and f**k your dad 

You’n’all