Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

21 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

We cannot do anything right. Mortifying.

There seems to be a real disconnect between whoever's actually doing things, and who sticks them on Twitter. 

There's this, a few weeks back there was something about tickets going on sale but the Twitter person had misread it and it was for a completely different match, and yesterday's tribute to Bobby Stein was originally tweeted as "Bobby Reid". 

The social media output looks the business now with Lesley Fleming's photos in particular, but the substance behind them is severely lacking at times. 

We could be sitting on maximum points with a double digit goal difference, playing free flowing attacking football with Dunfermline bottom getting pumped left right and centre and I'd still have slight trepidation ahead of a derby game 😅

No doubt McGlynn will have done his homework and just have to hope we take our 2nd half performance against Aberdeen into this one. 

Appreciate we've had couple of seaside league visits in recent times but I think it's only 2 defeats to Dunfermline at Starks Park in last 10 years or so.

A wee reminder for any disabled Dunfermline fans wanting tickets.

Raith have removed all concessions for disabled fans. So you will have to pay FULL PRICE to attend Starks Park.

A different universe from the way disabled fans are treated at East End.

9 minutes ago, graeme_p said:

Raith have removed all concessions for disabled fans. So you will have to pay FULL PRICE to attend Starks Park.

Is there more to this story or are Raith just being greedy?

19 minutes ago, graeme_p said:

Presumably carer still goes free?

But still an outrageous way to treat folk.

9 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Is there more to this story or are Raith just being greedy?

It's the Board being greedy this year but they have a history of having bad attitude to disabled fans.

Removed the 50% discount this year after about 20 years.

A few years back they tried to do away with the Free Carers provision.

Dunfermline go out of their way for disabled fans. We treatboyrs with contempt.

http://chng.it/ghpHSxqkXD

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

Presumably carer still goes free?

But still an outrageous way to treat folk.

Carers still go free. 

But you cant buy these tickets online either becausectge club haven't bothered taking into account disabled fans on the ticketing site either.

14 minutes ago, graeme_p said:

Carers still go free. 

But you cant buy these tickets online either becausectge club haven't bothered taking into account disabled fans on the ticketing site either.

Seems a very strange approach from Raith.

Best bet would be contact the SLO/ DADSC see if they can make representations to Raith and the central umbrella organisations for disabled fans and Supporters Direct. Although you might already have done that.

10 minutes ago, graeme_p said:

I tried but couldn't get an answer or direct contact at either. 

Will try again though.

SLO: Andrew@dafc.co.uk

Disabled Access Officer ( DAO) dao@dafc.co.uk

Either/ both should be able to at least note you very valid complaints and see if there is anything to be done.

Shove your tickets up your arse. Fucking greedy, tiny, tinky wee club as always from Rovers, I'd be embarrassed beyond belief if we charged full price for disabled spectators.
I'm just going to get the 0p in the pound comment out the way now to save a few frothy mouthed posts later on.

Ideally we'd have kept the disabled gate but we've been hit pretty much universally across our fan base with increases. Season ticket costs and pay at the gate have both gone up. Obviously you can say this will have disproportionately hit disabled fans.

I can't speak for the club but the best bet is to contact the SLO or the club themselves. Petitions or fans forums are unlikely to make a difference. If you still didn't get anything back from them in that instance I'd talk with fans groups and see if something can organised on a match day to raise awareness.

2 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I'm just going to get the 0p in the pound comment out the way now to save a few frothy mouthed posts later on.

Ideally we'd have kept the disabled gate but we've been hit pretty much universally across our fan base with increases. Season ticket costs and pay at the gate have both gone up. Obviously you can say this will have disproportionately hit disabled fans.

I can't speak for the club but the best bet is to contact the SLO or the club themselves. Petitions or fans forums are unlikely to make a difference. If you still didn't get anything back from them in that instance I'd talk with fans groups and see if something can organised on a match day to raise awareness.

The one exception to this is the kids pricing which is excellent this season.

Wasn’t aware of the raise in prices for disabled supporters. Even poorer given the dreadful facilities once you’re inside. Shoved down the front with a crap view and virtually no cover. Was inclusiveness not one of the values recently announced? Would like to see the club provide much better facilities and pricing on this front. 

47 minutes ago, graeme_p said:

Carers still go free. 

On the flip side of this I've just phoned the club up and got a disabled ticket for my 20 year old son and me and its only cost £12 for the both of us. So not sure how people can complain about the pricing as this is the price for U21's. Even if he was over 21 and i had to pay the £20 for a ticket it still means that both of us are getting to go for £20.

It takes 5 minutes to phone the club and the personnel on the other end of the phone couldnt have been more helpful. Maybe if in the past fans hadn't abused the disability ticket system then they would have it on the website but i genuinely cant see the issue with having to phone the club to get a ticket. 

1 minute ago, rrfc83 said:

On the flip side of this I've just phoned the club up and got a disabled ticket for my 20 year old son and me and its only cost £12 for the both of us. So not sure how people can complain about the pricing as this is the price for U21's. Even if he was over 21 and i had to pay the £20 for a ticket it still means that both of us are getting to go for £20.

It takes 5 minutes to phone the club and the personnel on the other end of the phone couldnt have been more helpful. Maybe if in the past fans hadn't abused the disability ticket system then they would have it on the website but i genuinely cant see the issue with having to phone the club to get a ticket. 

Good to hear, although equality wise all fans should really have access to the same booking method though. Phoning, no matter how quick and easy, is an additional barrier being placed in front of fans with disabilities. If there’s concern about abuse then it doesn’t really help as presumably someone at it can just as easily bluff over the phone. The turnstiles is the place to carry out checks. 

2 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Good to hear, although equality wise all fans should really have access to the same booking method though. Phoning, no matter how quick and easy, is an additional barrier being placed in front of fans with disabilities. If there’s concern about abuse then it doesn’t really help as presumably someone at it can just as easily bluff over the phone. The turnstiles is the place to carry out checks. 

Sorry should have added that IAW the Rovers website i have to take the proof of his PIP to the ground with me when i go. This was told to me on the phone as well as reading it on the website.

23 minutes ago, We Are Pars Fans! said:

Anyone else getting an error message when trying to buy tickets? You have attempted to add more tickets than your current order?

Yeh a few folk are having that issue