Getting the band back together: your best former players XI (on current form)

8 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Mark Ridgers

Stephen O’Donnell - Jack Hendry - Liam Lindsay - Callum Booth

Blair Spittal - Sean Welsh - George Moncur - Steven Lawless

Kevin Nisbet - Lyle Taylor

This team gets relegated

33 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Bain (pains me to put this, I’d have Legzdins over him all day)

O’Hara
Hendry
Caulker
Ralph

Kamara
Scott Allan
Dorrans

Boyle
Griffiths
Stewart

Not a bad team that.

Give it 6 months and swap Dorrans for Kev Mcdonald.

Best I can do is:

McLaughlin 

Paterson-Dunne-Ozturk-Garuccio

Nicholson-Djoum-Irving-Mitchell

Lafferty-Ikpeazu

The absolute stench of "at least he wasn't as bad as..." simply permeating through that XI

Edited by JamieThomas

38 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I’d say it’s a pretty decent defence and forward line. Goalkeeper and midfield is, admittedly, ropey - a shame all our better players over recent years have retired or turned to absolute shit.

Aye I wasn’t deadly serious but just when I saw guys like Lawless etc. Front line would get plenty goals and like you say solid enough defence.

Hladky

P. McGinn, McLaughlin, Famewo,  Dummett

Magennis, McGinn, McLean

Morgan, Shankland, Isma

Defence was a bit of a struggle. McGregor, Naismith, Popescu and Kelly are all pretty meh these days. McLaughlin can't get a game for Hull, but I remember the good times so he is in. That Coulson guy gets a game for Middlesbrough sometimes, but f**k him.

Put in Magennis as the other midfeilder with the obvious two, but could have chosen from about 5 really. Mooy is maybe a bit unlucky not to make it, but he was mostly shite for us anyway.

Morgan and Isma playing off Shankland up front. I don't even know who Isma plays for (or if he's still playing) but I love him so he's in.

GK - Ofir Marciano - Best keeper of my lifetime, Matt Macey couldn’t lace his boots.

RB - Matt Doherty - f**k me, I hate having to put him in here but an embarrassingly bad loan spell with us preceded his rise to the upper echelons of English football.

CB - Sol Bamba - Still doing it at a decent level down south, beat off cancer aswell, some fucking boi.

CB - Paul Hanlon - A pretty boring choice, pips Porteous on the basis of having been more established but usually a steady hand.

LB - Josh Doig - Another boring current XI pick but this guy has it in spades and won’t be with us for long.

CM - John McGinn - nothing needed.

CM - Greg Docherty - An absolute baller, wonder what life would have been like if we saw him playing in a 2 with McGinn, now one of Hull City’s best players.

RW - Martin Boyle - hardly anything needed here too, absolute baller, best footballer in the league outwith the old firm.

AM - Ryan Gauld - hardly kicked a ball for us, injury didn’t help but even outwith that he wasn’t great, sounds like he had a brilliant season last year and he’s off earning the big bucks now.

LW - Abdellah Zoubir - who? People might remember again on Thursday when he plays for Qarabag against Aberdeen. Played a few games for us on loan the year we went down, showed in flashes he was a baller but was very young and probably didn’t have the bottle for it at the time, 20 goals in 3 seasons for Qarabag and plenty in Europe, clearly a player, may knock Aberdeen out single handedly on Thursday.

ST - Kevin Nisbet - not really much competition, considered Steven Fletcher as he’s still kicking about but Nisbet definitely edges it on form. 

& if it’s former players only Hanlon, Nisbet, Boyle and Doig for Ambrose, Fletcher, Daryl Horgan and…..…..we really haven’t had many LBs…..go for Miquel Nelom, playing in the Eredivise, signed him from Feyenoord, couldn’t get in ahead of Stevenson so he left.

Edited by Les Cabbage

this is tricky for us because we’ve re-signed just about everyone we let go. Strong in midfield, but lacking at the back. 

Danny Ward - automatic pick in goals. Wales’ best player at the Euros

Max Lowe - relegated from the prem with Shef Utd but still a very solid LB

Scott McKenna - Scotland international centre half. Notts Forest supporters are big fans

Joe Shaughnessy - decent option at centre half. Was fine with him returning when he was rumoured. 

Graeme Shinnie - best of a bad bunch at Derby C under Wazza Rooney. Would love to have him back. Playing at RB due to a lack of options

Kenny McLean - Premier League superstar

Ryan Christie - one third of a very attacking midfield in this team

James Maddison - Premier League superstar

Ryan Fraser - Premier League superstar

GMS - still alright, need another option out wide

Marley Watkins - was superb in the false nine position last season. Would love him back. 

All from the top of my head so I’ve likely missed some obvious ones. Nae **** of course. 

31 minutes ago, GAD said:

Hladky

P. McGinn, McLaughlin, Famewo,  Dummett

Magennis, McGinn, McLean

Morgan, Shankland, Isma

Defence was a bit of a struggle. McGregor, Naismith, Popescu and Kelly are all pretty meh these days. McLaughlin can't get a game for Hull, but I remember the good times so he is in. That Coulson guy gets a game for Middlesbrough sometimes, but f**k him.

Put in Magennis as the other midfeilder with the obvious two, but could have chosen from about 5 really. Mooy is maybe a bit unlucky not to make it, but he was mostly shite for us anyway.

Morgan and Isma playing off Shankland up front. I don't even know who Isma plays for (or if he's still playing) but I love him so he's in.

I would stick Jamie McCart in at centre half ahead of McLaughlin or Famewo…seems cheating as he only played about 2 games on loan 

dreyer instead of Isma (based on now) apart from that I would agree. 

Edited to possibly throw Harry Davis in at Centre half 

Edited by Stan Bo

1 hour ago, JamieThomas said:

Best I can do is:

McLaughlin 

Paterson-Dunne-Ozturk-Garuccio

Nicholson-Djoum-Irving-Mitchell

Lafferty-Ikpeazu

The absolute stench of "at least he wasn't as bad as..." simply permeating through that XI

Toby Sibbick has to be in there somewhere probably ahead of a 32 year old Djoum

2 hours ago, Lordofthewing said:

GK Gordon

LB Tierney

CB Van Dijk

CB Ajer

RB Lustig

CM Armstrong

CM Ntcham

CM Brown

LW Roberts

ST Dembele

RW Elyounoussi

I knew the right-back spot would be a weak point.

Maybe would chuck Ajer at RB and have Boyata or Kompany there. Also perhaps have Johansen in the midfield.