Incels, and their insane world view.

Ric

36 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

If you ever want to be terrified by how some can turn out, incels.is (the Incel Forum) is a good place to start. The warped sense of self-entitlement is something to behold.

I've went down this rabbit hole, and I wouldn't say I'm easily shocked but holy shit it was grim. Open paedophilia, repressed sexuality, rape fantasies, mass murder fantasies.

They are a very dangerous group. I don't think even if they did get their hole their views or behavior would change.

8 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The one positive from that is our fairly strict gun laws. I'm sure a crossbow could do a lot of damage, albeit a very slow reload rate, but if that had been in the states he'd have a far wider array of weapons to choose from.

Just now, Ric said:

The one positive from that is our fairly strict gun laws. I'm sure a crossbow could do a lot of damage, albeit a very slow reload rate, but if that had been in the states he'd have a far wider array of weapons to choose from.

Most of the recent terrorism hasn’t involved guns though. The inquiry about the Islamist terrorist who was shot in the news today is a good example. He just went into a shop, bought a carving knife and started stabbing people.  Gabrielle Friel actually had a conviction for stabbing a police officer, in what he said was a suicide-by-cop attempt. He got community service.

Clearly a firearm is going to be a lot easier to do this with though, as the Plymouth attack shows. 

56 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

If you ever want to be terrified by how some can turn out, incels.is (the Incel Forum) is a good place to start. The warped sense of self-entitlement is something to behold.

Just had a quick look at the first topic on there - the OnlyFans thread. Jesus fucking christ. 

Literally every single contributor to that place needs hosed with machine gun fire

Do church weddings not still get the bride to say "Love Honour and Obey" or has that rightly been chucked.

I’ve no idea tbh, I haven’t been to a ‘traditional’ Christian wedding.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Are any P&Brs going to admit to Incel tendencies/sympathies?

As an aside, my iPad spell checker does not recognise Incel as a word; I thought it would have entered the general lexicon by now.

I bet like most of these things that it started off as a joke on 4chan, and lunatics took it seriously and it took off. You've got to hope the numbers who actually believe any of it are tiny, bit like Alba voters.

Edited by welshbairn

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I bet like most of these things that it started off as a joke on 4chan, and lunatics took it seriously and it took off. You've got to hope the numbers who actually believe any of it are tiny, bit like Alba voters.

It was started by a woman as a forum to discuss people who were very shy or had difficulties with relationships, a world away from what it's come to mean now.

You have to wonder how much of a fucking loser someone has to be to believe that them not being able to find a willing sexual partner is because of some big conspiracy, and to hate women and sexually active people to the extent that they want to harm them.

It's not a conspiracy, it's that you're a c**t mate.

1 hour ago, beesher said:

They are a very dangerous group. I don't think even if they did get their hole their views or behavior would change.

I believe that some people are just terrible human beings lacking any sort of empathy or understanding of others and are just full of hatred.

Having sex would not magically cure these people. They will still be full of hatred.

5 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Can none of these saddacts find enough spare change to visit a hooker? 

I remember reading a post from one guy who had hired a hooker. She walked into the hotel room, took one look at the guy, and effectively said 'yuk' and walked back out.

I did feel a bit sorry for him.

Misogynistic violence is not new, it's as old as humanity.  Men have the capacity to be extremely violent.  Incels are complete headcases and forums like the one above are clearly a cesspit but the reality is that a lot of the people who post on this forum (who will be young to middle aged men by average I assume) will have male friends and relatives who have been violent to women, to varying degrees.  Not so long ago hitting your wife was no biggie in this country.  

9 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

It was started by a woman as a forum to discuss people who were very shy or had difficulties with relationships, a world away from what it's come to mean now.

Yup, it didn't bear any relation to what it became after it was hijacked.