Worst Types of Posts on Pie and Bovril

I know there could be a historical in-joke here, but I'm always pretty uneasy at any of the "gin-cardine" type posts. I know the chap doesn't need me fighting his battles or anything, but I just don't like it. It seems like the cheapest of digs.

Mainly, however, I'm here for the serialisation of @J_Stewart's tell-all account of being babysat by P and B's resident libertine. 

13 minutes ago, velo army said:

I know there could be a historical in-joke here, but I'm always pretty uneasy at any of the "gin-cardine" type posts. I know the chap doesn't need me fighting his battles or anything, but I just don't like it. It seems like the cheapest of digs.

Mainly, however, I'm here for the serialisation of @J_Stewart's tell-all account of being babysat by P and B's resident libertine. 

^^^ gullible Scotch.

19 hours ago, virginton said:

There appears to be a developing sub-community of posters - exclusively male and over 50 - who object in frothing terms to any discussion of current issues that includes pesky things like facts, evidence or argumentation. Apparently using these techniques on the GN section of a Scottish football forum is a claim to world-leading expertise that requires slapping down your CV and publications to back it up at every opportunity. Which seems strange given that the volume of semi-serious discussion has in fact massively declined on here in the past 15 years. 

Perhaps the solution to this deeply held grievance is to set up a Da'snet sub-forum - a cosy safe space where you can just post puns, Kenneth Williams jpegs and scorching anecdotal/mainstream media regurgitated takes to your heart's content. 

The insistence that everyone else must follow these norms is getting rather tedious though. 

I turned 50 not too long ago so ...

Can't stand innuendo. If see one in script I whip it out immediately. - Kenneth  Williams - America's best pics and videos

There was a discussion on a thread a while back about urethral sounding. Amazed that the above subjects are deemed worthy of this thread but everyone was quite happy to let the town deviants discuss putting metal rods down folks' old chaps without even a sniff here. 

38 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Kenneth Williams would have been an absolutely dynamite poster.  

Fans of Kenneth Williams' work may with to know that Series 3 of round the Horne (From 1967) is being repeated on Radio 4 Extra  at the moment 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/b007jlnp

@virginton on the other hand may be interested in his professional capacity as a historian. 

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

1 hour ago, velo army said:

His ongoing desperate struggle with alcoholism is only funny if it's not actually true. 

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

To my mind, the peak P&B General Nonsense content was PeterGrant and HB having twenty page back and forths about the Roman Catholic Church reintroducing Latin Mass.

I see you and I raise you Frank Booth arguing with @Gaz (I think) about the use of hand signals in a driving test.

2 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Someone should do another worst posters thread. It was a good pressure release valve.

Didn't Sir Tarmo attempt one then have an absolutely enormous headgone when he got down to the "top" three? 

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

There was a discussion on a thread a while back about urethral sounding. Amazed that the above subjects are deemed worthy of this thread but everyone was quite happy to let the town deviants discuss putting metal rods down folks' old chaps without even a sniff here. 

Was that me? I'm guessing that was probably me.

norman-bates.gif