Most famous person you've ever met

scottsdad

2 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

I used to work at a hotel which tried to be fancy, we all had to wear black trousers, white shorts and a black waistcoat.

At one of our Christmas nights Stephen Hendry turned up. As I handed him his complimentary champagne I told him we'd heard he was coming so dressed up like him in his honour. I don't think he got the joke.

Long breeks and shorts?

Interesting combo.

1 hour ago, Crawford said:

Genuinely interested as to why.

Me personally, I met Richard Hammond while he was filming an advert for Morrisons at the Carrick-a-rede rope bridge which was pretty random.

My favourite celebrity encounter that I know of was my father in law meeting Shakin' Stevens. He was over the moon and asked for an autograph. Gave his name and was misheard as an e was added to the end of his name turning it to the typical female version of his name. My wife was with him so we think he thought it was for her. He was so gutted but too embarrassed to ask for another one.

Myself&my pal had been drinking all day.as we staggered out of the QM nirvana,who were playing there that night,were unloading their stuff from a van;grohl then says something like,"oh just leave us alone!" as this was just them on the cusp of getting big&I assume they were getting a whole lot more attention from folk,though not on this occasion.so I told him to f**k off&get over himself as we weren't interested in them&we were just heading to another hostelry

I'm a bit pissed off I never saw nirvana at the QM before they were huge;well,except for outside

Met Arnold Schwarzenegger at a meet n greet when he was doing “an evening with…”. He’s much shorter than you might expect.

I used to work in a bar and met quite a few famous folk due to it. Frankie from the Darkness and John Hartson were complete gents. The singer from Keane was desperate to be recognised. Goldie Lookin Chain we’re just a bunch of [loveable] idiots. James from Biffy is really nice, Ben is less so but loves to talk, Simon is pretty aloof.

On 23/01/2024 at 21:03, AnderooMFC said:

Since July I can now add; Friedberg, Lesbian Bed Death, Busted, Employed To Serve, Tom from McFly, Stand Atlantic, Against The Current, and Ross Noble.
Also Waterparks, Hot Milk and Matt from FFAF again.

Thread's about famous people, m8.

On 23/01/2024 at 21:03, AnderooMFC said:

Since July I can now add; Friedberg, Lesbian Bed Death, Busted, Employed To Serve, Tom from McFly, Stand Atlantic, Against The Current, and Ross Noble.
Also Waterparks, Hot Milk and Matt from FFAF again.

How do you keep your feet on the ground?

1 minute ago, printer said:

Thread's about famous people, m8.

Friedberg, (162k monthly listeners on Spotify), Lesbian Bed Death (12k), Busted (1.2M), Employed To Serve (43k),  Tom from McFly (951k),  Stand Atlantic (668k), 
Against The Current (4.6M) and Ross Noble (voted 11th greatest stand up)

Also Waterparks (1.4M), Hot Milk (541k) and Matt from FFAF (291k).

Just cause you haven't heard of them, doesn't mean they're not famous, m8

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

How do you keep your feet on the ground?

anchors on my shoes

3 minutes ago, AnderooMFC said:

Friedberg, (162k monthly listeners on Spotify), Lesbian Bed Death (12k), Busted (1.2M), Employed To Serve (43k),  Tom from McFly (951k),  Stand Atlantic (668k), 

anchors on my shoes

^^^

download.jpeg-1.jpg

Didn't realise the threshold was so low as to include thon Doric wifie from River City. She got on the number 3 bus in Torry with some pals in the summer.

I passed Michael Gove in the woods in Aberdeen a wee while ago. He was out a wee run.

I met Mark Millar at the bar at the Ramshorn. No idea who he was until the next day. It was at the height of his fame. He's a handsome fella.

Famous folk you didn't meet for the following pish, but the day after I quit at Greaves Sports in Glasgow Morgan Freeman and Jet Li came in for a wee bit shopping. Gutted.

20 minutes ago, velo army said:

I met Mark Millar at the bar at the Ramshorn. No idea who he was until the next day. It was at the height of his fame. 

When he was at Dundee United?

I met this bird once, a very pleasant experience (not for her, of course).

51NxSoRoj4L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

1 minute ago, DiegoDiego said:

When he was at Dundee United?

I met this bird once, a very pleasant experience (not for her, of course).

51NxSoRoj4L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Tony Adams got to date her.

There is hope for literally all of us.

Literally. 

10 hours ago, mathematics said:

Met Arnold Schwarzenegger at a meet n greet when he was doing “an evening with…”. He’s much shorter than you might expect.

I used to work in a bar and met quite a few famous folk due to it. Frankie from the Darkness and John Hartson were complete gents. The singer from Keane was desperate to be recognised. Goldie Lookin Chain we’re just a bunch of [loveable] idiots. James from Biffy is really nice, Ben is less so but loves to talk, Simon is pretty aloof.

I always wondered about the personality types of each member of Biffy Clyro. Thanks.

On 23/01/2024 at 21:20, Hedgecutter said:

I once gave a tour to the then-serving MP (& former secretary of state) Robin Cook.  He died the next day.

I think I prefer Alanis Morrisette’s version of Ironic.

15 hours ago, Ross. said:

, and once served a pot of tea to that Doric wifie from River City.

Euph?

12 hours ago, AnderooMFC said:

My apologies,  of course I've heard of Lesbian Bed Death.

Who hasn't?

1 hour ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Katie Price/Jordan stayed at the hotel I worked in about 20 years ago. Can confirm she is as vulgar and detestable a character as many think. 

Great tits though?

1 hour ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Katie Price/Jordan stayed at the hotel I worked in about 20 years ago. Can confirm she is as vulgar and detestable a character as many think. 

A tenner says you were desperate to get in her room when she left.