Austria v Scotland

GordonS

From the angle behind the goal it looks like a certain penalty. Didn't look it from the original angle. Things like that are where VAR is an advantage.

I have no idea what the defender is thinking. Very lucky not to get a second yellow.

Andy Walker went from saying it's never a penalty to begging the ref to send the player off.

He's the type of commentator we're all raging about that's gushing absolute shite about England during a major tournament on ITV.

Keepers get unfairly criticised for goals going under the armpit, but it's actually a really difficult place to save a shot. Between the armpit, elbow and hip is a Bermuda triangle for low shots.

Dykes still got very lucky though.

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

Genuine question, can VAR decisions allow for yellow cards?

It’s meant to be for a mistake by the ref. The mistake is missing the foul. If he’d seen it he’d have booked him so I don’t see why it shouldn’t. Wouldn’t surprise me there’s some stupid rule stopping it though. 

thread moving rapidly so dunno the P&B consensus, but i think Adams has gotten a reward for not looking for a penalty there; if he dives or Neymar's it then i dont think its given but because he tries so hard to stay on his feet he wins it. Also that its two hands on him from the defender rather than just one or a bit of hip/shoulder leaning from Hinterreger.

also YES f**k YES