Scotland v Israel

Frank Grimes

Glad he’s went with McTominay at the back instead of Cooper. No real surprises apart from that.
We certainly should be winning the game. We are at home to a team ranked 35 places below us and seeded lower than us in front of a packed Hampden. No excuses snd we won’t need them.
2-0
McGinn 14, 72

Entirely predictable line up aside from Patterson instead of SOD, which I am fairly ambivalent about tbh as SOD has been fine of late but Patterson certainly offers more offensively. I am also happy to see Dykes and Adams. For me the only way Dykes should start is beside someone so aye, happy enough with the line up. 

Obviously theres not much discussion around Hanley missing out since it was enforced, hes the only guy that definitely starts ahead of anyone in that side id say. 

Looks like we have the strongest available XI on the pitch, but McT out of position. A wee bit worried about them exploiting the channel between Patterson and McT.

Anyway, ridiculously optimistic bets placed (£1 on a Jack Hendry hattrick etc) and beer opened...

...'mon Scotland!

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I am absolutely shiteing it. An early Dykes goal to settle the nerves would be just lovely. 

Aye, I’m really not feeling like watching this game heading into the final 10 minutes still in the balance. 

Thought Clarke might make one surprise at the most at the back so surprised to see Mctominay and Patterson. 2 proper strikers as well. VAR might hinder Dykes a bit the but two of them should be roughing up Bitton, although he seems to play far better back there for Israel than he ever has for Celtic.

Edited by gannonball

Qualifying for the Euros was amazing but a win today opens up a path to the World Cup finals. It’s such a big game. I want to be watching Scotland v Peru with the Christmas tree flashing away, c’mon Scotland!
Scotland vs Peru gives me the fear and I was only three in 1978.

1 minute ago, microdave said:
5 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:
Qualifying for the Euros was amazing but a win today opens up a path to the World Cup finals. It’s such a big game. I want to be watching Scotland v Peru with the Christmas tree flashing away, c’mon Scotland!

Actually you’ve got a point. Swap Peru for Canada.

1 minute ago, microdave said:
5 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

I think it genuinely scarred me a bit. 

First Holy Communion that morning; all faith in everything shattered in the evening.