New City in Scotland

New Scottish Jubilee City  

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Seeing as how the government in Westminster are deciding this, and going by their track record in awarding baubles, it'll go to the town that votes the right way.

Welcome to the City of Dumfries.

Edit: I like how the clear winner on P&B appears to be 'Other', which I assume translates to "my wee one-horse town, GIRUY"  :P

Edited by BFTD

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Believe it or not Stirling was granted city status in 2002

...and they will remind you of it at every juncture  :rolleyes:

Stirling voters, of course, put their time in with the establishment party, even if they got their reward under the Blair government  :whistle

59 minutes ago, BFTD said:

...and they will remind you of it at every juncture  :rolleyes:

Stirling voters, of course, put their time in with the establishment party, even if they got their reward under the Blair government  :whistle

Although it should be remembered that as a second tier "city" Stirling doesn't have a lord provost and instead share a lord Lieutenancy with Falkirk

Clackmannanshire has a lord Lieutenant, plus  9 deputies and given that there's only 12 of you that live there I assume that you're one of them

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

4 hours ago, scottsdad said:

A guy on the radio earlier arguing for Elgin. He had 2 main points. First, the roads are a disgrace and city status might mean they'll get fixed. 

*Points to the City of Edinburgh. Laughs manically*

• 1 month later...