Livingston v St. Mirren, 02/10/21

9 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Feels like most of our team is injured "not up to speed" or "just coming back from injury"

Keaghan Jacobs

Scott Pittman

Craig Sibbald

Jack McMillan

Jaze Kabia

Tom Parkes

Harry Panayiotou

Ben Williamson

Cristian Montano

Adam Lewis

Sean Kelly

Plus Andrew Shinnie and Odin Bailey going off injured today

Never easy when there’s so many players missing from your squad.

You were unlucky to lose today 

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Feels like most of our team is injured "not up to speed" or "just coming back from injury"

Keaghan Jacobs

Scott Pittman

Craig Sibbald

Jack McMillan

Jaze Kabia

Tom Parkes

Harry Panayiotou

Ben Williamson

Cristian Montano

Adam Lewis

Sean Kelly

Barden wasn't in the squad today either, and Maley was the sub keeper.

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

This repeated Martindale line pisses me off as well. With seemingly no reserve league, how are we getting these players up to speed? It's not acceptable that we have a squad of 27 and he claims we are filling up the bench with injured players. Simply don't buy that we have more than 9 players unavailable.

I understand your frustration, but just look at that list of injuries, can't remember it being as bad for us. There are a few playing, or in the subs bench who were injured earlier too, or ill with covid.

Just now, Cptn Hooch said:

yeah, i'd noticed that but there's been no official word on Barden so it could be anything

Just popping onto the Arbroath thread to see why Nouble wasn't playing for them today too, wonder if there's another covid isolation with him and Barden suddenly missing.

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Keaghan Jacobs

Scott Pittman

Craig Sibbald

Jack McMillan

Jaze Kabia

Tom Parkes

Harry Panayiotou

Ben Williamson

Cristian Montano

Adam Lewis

Sean Kelly

Out of curiosity how big is your squad! Any other team with that amount of injuries would be having to throw some kids in. Has Martindale went with Quantity over Quality? 

2 minutes ago, Stan Bo said:

Out of curiosity how big is your squad! Any other team with that amount of injuries would be having to throw some kids in. Has Martindale went with Quantity over Quality? 

We have a squad of about 27 or so. We just constantly get non stop injuries so can't make the most of it. There's a lot of quality there, especially the midfield. It's just not being utilised correctly.

4 minutes ago, Stan Bo said:

27 players registered to play and that includes Marvin Bartley and Gary Maley who will likely not play....12/13 injured or not fully fit...i wouldn't say we had a massive squad if im honest....we had a bigger squad last season i'm sure

Edited by Cptn Hooch

4 hours ago, billyg said:

Agreed , we could have played till Xmas and Livvy wouldn't have scored !

Wasn't for the want of trying, we had 5 good chances from our 6 shots on target, 3 or 4 should've been in the net. When none went in though you just knew we weren't scoring today. To top it off St Mirren break up the pitch and score with their first shot on target, which Stryjek should've saved.

Very frustrating being a Livi fan this season, pish away from home, and although not great at home, we've played well enough that we should be getting points from those games but if it carries on like that much longer it'll be apparent that we aren't deserving anything from games, we're just not good enough.

7 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Wasn't for the want of trying, we had 5 good chances from our 6 shots on target, 3 or 4 should've been in the net. When none went in though you just knew we weren't scoring today. To top it off St Mirren break up the pitch and score with their first shot on target, which Stryjek should've saved.

Fair, having a sold goalkeeper played a large part. Jak has won us as many points as any player in the team. However we could and should have had a couple of goals today as well. McCarthy missing from 5 yards for example. 

8 hours ago, Torfason said:

Fair, having a sold goalkeeper played a large part. Jak has won us as many points as any player in the team. However we could and should have had a couple of goals today as well. McCarthy missing from 5 yards for example. 

I would say St Mirren scoring one goal was about right,  not the one you scored, Stryjek should've saved that one, but the one from the free kick that caught us out, and you somehow volleyed over the bar, so the one goal was fair enough. We prob should've had 3, but Alnwick pulled off 2 good saves, and one was also cleared off the line. If you'd scored that and went 2-0 up, it def wouldn't have been a fair reflection on the game, and would've flattered you.

Bottom line is, undeserved or not, that's 3 games we've chucked away points at home when our play should've got us something, it's becoming a habit, and these things tend to happen more and more to teams down the bottom of the table.

Great 3 pts for St Mirren though, gets you right up the table with a comfortable gap on the bottom 3 teams.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Not a classic game of football but enjoyable never the less. Who is the young guy with the curly hair playing on the left for Livie ? Looks a decent player. Power was outstanding yesterday in fact the team done well as a unit. Looks like more locals are going along to watch Livie which is a good thing. Facilities are good for visiting fans always a good day out apart from one thing and we all know what that is. 

Not a classic game of football but enjoyable never the less. Who is the young guy with the curly hair playing on the left for Livie ? Looks a decent player. Power was outstanding yesterday in fact the team done well as a unit. Looks like more locals are going along to watch Livie which is a good thing. Facilities are good for visiting fans always a good day out apart from one thing and we all know what that is. 
Think you're talking about Odin Bailey whos on loan from Birmingham. Looks exciting but lacks end product.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:
Got to say, while we weren't great today I thought we played some really good stuff at times. We created plenty of chances but lacked that cutting edge which is probably due to lack of strikers on the park. Could Davie have done better managerially? Yes...but to lay the blame solely at him today is mental when Stryjek has thrown another one in...all the managerial nous on the world can't account for mistakes like that. Thought for the most part Fitzwater, Omeonga, Holt and Forrest looked good. Shinnie as a false 9 was a one off...no moe of that please. I'm not sure what the solution is but ousting Martindal begs the question....who else? Who's going to come to Livi for probably very little money and change it? My thinking is Marv as assistant was maybe the wrong move.... definitely would have him as a coach but I think Davie and the team would have benefitted more from an experienced assistant. We know Davie has been involved with the running of the team for a while but he's always had a more experienced head alongside him in Hoppy and Holt.
In summary:
Am I happy with the season so far?
Far from it
Do I think this squad can stay up?
Yes
Do I think we should sack Martindale?
No, he knows the players and has proven before that he can get the best out them
Do I think something needs to change?
Yes. Tactics, set pieces and individual mistakes need to be fixed
Am I a happy clapper?
Certainly not with the way I was ranting and raving earlier today

Where does it stop with Martindale? It looks like he has a strangle hold on Livi FC.  

it all seems a bit unhealthy from here

Without a shadow of a doubt, that's a game that in the past, we'd have lost almost every time. I felt that on Saturday, we were very comfortable save for the 15 mins after our goal up until HT when Livi should have had at least one, maybe two of their own.

Second half though, we never looked like we were seriously troubled. Livi in themselves turned in a very typical St. Mirren performance of huffing and puffing but nothing coming of it and we were as content defending a 1-0 as I'd ever admit to.

5 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Without a shadow of a doubt, that's a game that in the past, we'd have lost almost every time. I felt that on Saturday, we were very comfortable save for the 15 mins after our goal up until HT when Livi should have had at least one, maybe two of their own.

Second half though, we never looked like we were seriously troubled. Livi in themselves turned in a very typical St. Mirren performance of huffing and puffing but nothing coming of it and we were as content defending a 1-0 as I'd ever admit to.

There was a spell in the 2nd half, right at the start where we had two good chances with shots on goal too, so don't think that's quite right, after that the game petered out and was comfortable enough for you though.

18 hours ago, LivielGrande said:

Where does it stop with Martindale? It looks like he has a strangle hold on Livi FC.  

it all seems a bit unhealthy from here

Got us promoted from League One to the Premiership, and 3 comfortable seasons staying up, incl back to back top six places, so up untill this season it has been really successful, with Martindale being a key player in all of that. Think the board too has been fantastic in changing how the club was being run, and making huge changes behind the scenes, upgrading the facilities, and just running the club better.