Moldova v Scotland

Sugar_Army

So many players top of their game tonight - Gordon, Tierney, Cooper, McGinn, Gilmour Patterson, Armstrong - deserve special mention. Yes, it was Moldova but we rarely have those types of performances against small/poorer teams away from home. 

But again a good performance which followed a pretty poor performance against Faroes. Which was preceded by a great second half against Israel following a shite first half. Preceded by a great performance overall against Austria, preceded by a patchy home performance against Moldova. 

If Clarke can just find some some consistency to ensure performances match results we will be looking not to shabby!

2 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Delighted for young Patterson. He is living the dream. To score for your country must be some feeling and of course sets up the 2nd.

He is having a big influence in a Scotland jersey. 

A goal, a booking, an assist and even gave away a penalty. Sum boi!

2 minutes ago, ropy said:

Is there any way we can get Israel in the play off?

Maybe if civil war breaks out in one of the other play-off sides?

I wouldn't put it past fate TBH.

Delighted. First Playoff since Australia in 1985.

Thought we were up against it after the Austria and Israel draws at Hampden so to snag that playoff spot with a game to spare is an excellent outcome. Well done.

To have any realistic chance I suspect we will not only have to be seeded, but also to play the Final at Hampden. However it is nice to enter a World Cup calendar year still involved in the competition for the first time since 1998.

Didn't realise bookings carried over into the Playoffs, though. To be suspended for a playoff game for 2 yellow cards in 10 games seems incredibly harsh. Do they reset after the semi final? Would be ludicrous if a player missed the final because they got booked on (for example) matchday 1 and the semi final.

Edited by Todd_is_God

1 hour ago, G51 said:

“Openings” are completely irrelevant and aren’t counted as a stat for a reason - they’re more of a function of where the opposition attacks than the defence.

You must be gutted that Scotland are winning from a Patterson goal.

Stop being an arse.

Patterson got a goal and an assist tonight - both of them vital in the overall map. As a Scotland fan I am fucking delighted.

By the same standards of analysis, he also gave away a penalty, took a cheap yellow card, and was poor on two of Moldova's three dangerous attacks in the first half when the game was 0-0.

Even you - whom I consider to be a reasonably objective analyst and poster - can accept that overall that is a flawed performance?

Shows you how much strength in depth we have. 

We were missing out top goal scorer, his obvious on-form replacement, 2 centre halves that play every game when fit.

And still won at a canter. In times gone by we'd have been devastated by that many injuries to top guys

25 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

Joking/betting aside, we are in a bit of a tricky situation with bookings now. We want to try and get a result against Denmark, but at the same time we're one mistimed tackle or a shite ref away from losing some of our most important players for the biggest game of the campaign. 

Gilmour, McGregor and McTominay in midfield and tika taka our way to a painless 0-0 with 90% possession.

Stop being an arse.
Patterson got a goal and an assist tonight - both of them vital in the overall map. As a Scotland fan I am fucking delighted.
By the same standards of analysis, he also gave away a penalty, took a cheap yellow card, and was poor on two of Moldova's three dangerous attacks in the first half when the game was 0-0.
Even you - whom I consider to be a reasonably objective analyst and poster - can accept that overall that is a flawed performance?

I would have had Patterson down as a potential man of the match prior to giving away the penalty. The booking was most likely deliberate to clear himself for the play-offs.