Newco v Oldforce

2 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

What do McFadden and Kerr see that the rest of us don’t from the angle we’re given ( presumably the same) and why wouldn’t they just simply say’ naw it’s not a penalty for me’. Neither seem to have any favouritism for the home side? Why would they side with the Ref here? emoji848.png

The cherry on the top was Kerr saying "it was hard to see from the first angle" 

Total number of angles shown: 01

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Given that he added over 6 minutes on at the end, I’m not so sure that you have a point there.

An Aberdeen player pretending to be injured for most of injury time...

6 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

How was it a free kick. Ferguson clearly gets the ball. Would it be given at the other end. No chance.

It's blatant cheating from beaton tonight and there's f**k all var would do about it. 

Ferguson also clatters into the Rangers player (can't remember who it was). If you don't win the ball cleanly, you can expect a free kick to be given against you.

The other decision you've every reason to be frustrated at. 

2 minutes ago, morrison said:

Ferguson also clatters into the Rangers player (can't remember who it was). If you don't win the ball cleanly, you can expect a free kick to be given against you.

The other decision you've every reason to be frustrated at. 

Ferguson comes from the side. Wins the ball and gets it away. Ball first. Man second. Not a foul. 

14 minutes ago, Richie said:

Soft pen, but theres a pull of the jersey.
That's enought to allow Beaton to give it.
Happens all the time, but with 10 mins to go at Ibrox with Rangers losing its an easy one to give.

If that’s a penalty then there should be a penalty awarded at almost literally every corner taken in every game.

Anyway, getting back to the football. Expected nothing from this game given everything surrounding it, Walter Smith, full back four injured, not been getting the breaks. So although a tad disappointed not to take all 3 points, I’m happy that we got one point. I felt that early on, Walter Smith’s death had put a subdued atmosphere around the crowd, and this helped us a bit. Two excellent goals from us and it looked like it was going to be more. Ferguson missed an opportunity when he half hit a shot, then Rangers got the non-free kick, and Morelos looking offside when the free kick was taken. Bit of backs to the wall defending for the rest of the first half, but we defended much better second half. We were guilty of giving easy possession away in midfield, and more that once Ojo as caught with the ball when he should have put an easy pass away, and one of these lead to the “penalty”, which was brilliantly taken by Tavenier. Great performances from Joe Lewis, Scott Brown, Dylan McGeouch, Ross McCrorie, Jonny Hayes and Christian Ramirez. On to Hearts on Saturday.

I thought we played very well and deserved to win. Mad respect for Ramirez. Hayes was brilliant. Campbell did really well. Overall everyone played well. Im really pleased for Glass. The players seem to be right behind him which is great to see.

Sadly, I spent the large majority of the game moaning about the ref. John Beaton played a significant role in both their goals.

Ferguson clearly wins the ball from Aribo before being penalised. The resulting free kick leads to their first goal. Irrespective, it was very poor marking from us.

The foul on Hayes in the first half should have lead to a booking. Aribo was persistently fouling and should have been booked. 

Was never a penalty. We've had some really poor decisions against us this season but that tops the lot. Reminds me a lot of the days when Mike McCurry was officiating games involving us. Fernando Ricksen avoiding a red card after his drop-kick on Darren young springs to mind.

I feel we are going to be ok after seeing both tonights performance and the win on Saturday.

Capture_censored.jpg

Edited by HarleyQuinn