St Mirren - Dundee, 30/10

That was about as comfortable a 1-0 win as you’ll ever see - can’t remember us winning a second ball at any stage of the game, and only really tested the keeper with an optimistic pot shot.

I really want it to work for Main, but we don’t seem to suit playing two up top - Kiltie or McAllister should be in the McGrath role next week, reverting back to the 3-6-1.

Also concerned that Erhahon’s absence is showing up Power’s lack of legs. Love Ryan Flynn, but Ethan covers more ground.

Absolutely rubbish from us.

Sad to say, but it looks like Flynn is finished at this level.

McAllister never was good enough for this level.

Tanser had a stinker and doesn’t look like he’s recovered from the hamstring strain.

We created absolutely nothing and deserved nothing from the game.

Disappointed to see the lack of heads gone by St Mirren fans despite one being completely clueless about most things so went onto Black & White Army and found this beaut:

f**king embarrassing. 14 players out there thought they just had turn up to win. No plan B. Get the ball to Tanser and hope for the best. Time for Main to have good long spell on the bench. Cos that guy is lazy. He never moves. But he was not the one. Aimless punts up the park. Two big Central defenders will never have a easier game. Tanser had his worse game since coming to the club. Ronan I think was reading his own press. Every single player 0/10 and that's me being kind to them. As for John Beaton. As someone said at the game. Anything in blue. He's one of our best refs seemingly. Says it all about Scottish football. Shocking. Tonight embarrassed to be a Saints fan. Of course Goody will say we played Barca. But that's his usual pish.

Apologies to the Dundee fans who want rid of McPake for being so shite that we couldn't contribute to your cause.

The players were rotten, but Goodwin needs his balls toed for being outthought by McPake.

We could have played for three days and not scored.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Disappointed to see the lack of heads gone by St Mirren fans despite one being completely clueless about most things so went onto Black & White Army and found this beaut:

Most of that post was factually correct. 

It was an embarrassing performance. If we had turned up today, we would have won. 

Playing Main didn't work. Not only for the formation but also his performance ( not the only one).

1 minute ago, Munoz said:

Most of that post was factually correct. 

It was an embarrassing performance. If we had turned up today, we would have won. 

Playing Main didn't work. Not only for the formation but also his performance ( not the only one).

I doubt it tbh.

6 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

Took us about an hour and a half on a bus. 

Mon eh Dee

Took me precisely 32 minutes from Cumbernauld to the stadium car park. Left the house at 1pm… couldn’t feckin’ make it up. Ended up walking around the stadium twice, made a cuppa’ at the Buddie Good Food van last thirty minutes, then, by full time, wished I hadn’t fcuking bothered. Useless chunts.

Seen today’s movie a hundred times. Is your club in crisis? Manager under pressure? Home fans on your back? Just been pumped up the arse 5-0 at home by Malky McKay?

Have no fear, your next game is in Paisley.

Feckin’ repeats. Hate them.

10 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Took me precisely 32 minutes from Cumbernauld to the stadium car park. Left the house at 1pm… couldn’t feckin’ make it up. Ended up walking around the stadium twice, made a cuppa’ at the Buddie Good Food van last thirty minutes, then, by full time, wished I hadn’t fcuking bothered. Useless chunts.

😄

2 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

😄

Never mind. I’m back home with a large glass of Malbec, and Strictly is just coming on. 😎 I mean, ehm, err, the missus’ wants Strictly on, you know. Ahem. Not my cup of tea. Definitely not. 

Edited by pozbaird

14 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Anyone who watched the game, was the Brophy penalty shout a yay or a nay?

Everyone round me was screaming for it but there didn’t look too much in it to me.

Trying to be neutral, but wasn't a pen, we had an equal shout later on, which he waved aside.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

14 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Everyone round me was screaming for it but there didn’t look too much in it to me.

A supporter near me turned round and asked Lee Mair in the tv gantry if it was - he suggested it probably wasn't. 

7 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Never mind. I’m back home with a large glass of Malbec, and Strictly is just coming on. 😎 I mean, ehm, err, the missus’ wants Strictly on, you know. Ahem. Not my cup of tea. Definitely not. 

Not if you're drinking Malbec, no.

Never a penalty. He should have hit it first time on his right and he would either have scored or got a corner/deflection. Instead he cut back in on his left anticipating the slide block, and fell over it when it came looking for the pen.
Still shouted for it though, hoping for another Beaton mistake.