Raith Rovers v Ayr United

Let’s be honest Ayr went for it in the second half with more or less 3 up top they had no choice in a nothing to lose position , Rovers were excellent first half however sat to deep in the second and invited Ayr to come on and attack which we have done on so many occasions in previous fixtures , Really slow did nothing when he replaced Spencer and the game by passed him but can’t complain because it’s only the 3 points that matters 

Edited by basher brash

14 minutes ago, Holy Marv said:

Cruise control first half, utter dug second. We sorely missed Spencer in the middle, needed that calm head to control possession when we had it but instead had snow running about like a headless chicken like he’d won a raffle to play a game. 
lang and Berra absolute titans again. At this rate, Bene will have some job to displace Lang from this team. Man of the match for me. Wouldn’t mind going to a rovers game and feeling comfortable that we can see a game out. 
Ayr definitely deserve a point out of that, we got away with one. Big 3 points with a couple of tough away games the next couple of Saturdays. 

As we all know McGlynn has his favourites and Bene will be back regardless of how well Lang plays.

Edited by Raith_Raver

Tom Lang was MOM for me, absolutely outstanding, especially in the 2nd half when we were put under a lot of pressure. TBH we should have been out of sight by half time.

Guy near me reckoned we are playing BRS out of position, for me if he's on the park he's out of position, just hope it was a precautionary measure to take Brad off, also looks like Liam Dick took a sore one, hopefully nothing too serious.

That's the Rovers way to win a game, dominate for 45 then hang on for grim life

2 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

As we all know McGlynn has his favourites and Bene will be back regardless of how well Lang plays.

Agree. Real shame cause Lang has been outstanding. He should rightly be aggrieved if he is dropped when bene returns.

9 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Let’s be honest Ayr went for it in the second half with more or less 3 up top they had no choice in a nothing to lose position , Rovers were excellent first half however sat to deep in the second and invited Ayr to come on and attack which we have done on so many occasions in previous fixtures , Really slow did nothing when he replaced Spencer and the game by passed him but can’t complain because it’s only the 3 points that matters 

Game of 2 halves today bud, we were so on top first half should have been more but yeah sat far too deep, agree about snow but important win with the other results 

45 minutes ago, renton said:

To be fair, from our point of view replacing Spencer for BRS pretty much killed our ability to build from the back or play our passing game - with Matthews suspended, Tait having a bad game and BRS nowhere near good enough we just conceded the middle of the park at half time.

Erm, apart from being our best player in the first half? He had the whole midfield to cover in the 2nd with Spencer off, Matthews missing, Ross tiring and BRS just being generally an awful player.

Edited by pantene proV

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Feel like we should’ve at least taken a point there with either Chalmers or McKenzies chance.

The one thing I will say is that the times that we’ve come out in the second half and improved points to Duffy at least being able to get them fired up a bit and squeeze whatever effort those players have in them out.

For that, he’s already better than Kerr and Hopkin but why can’t the players put that effort in from the first minute. If anything that second half makes the result even more frustrating as we are clearly capable of putting up a fighting effort but there’s been so many times they’ve just looked like they can’t be arsed.

Over the piece a draw probably would have been a fair result bud, you looked a completely different team 2 nd half( as did we in a bad way) will take it thou 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yes in the summer

You mean in the summer when we might be in League 1? Bemoaning the fact we should've acted more decisively when the Hopkin experience failed?

There's one way we seem to be heading and it ain't up the way. We're not even in November and we're hoping to limp our way through to January when as we know it's not a buyers market anyway. 

Whilst at the same time hoping to be able to lift the players and ourselves for mini cup finals against the teams around us. 

There's surely managers and coaches up and down the country who would be eager for a crack at proving themselves at a full time Championship club. 

In the bigger picture, this isn't good enough whatever way you look at it or want to dress it up. 

12 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Tom Lang was MOM for me, absolutely outstanding, especially in the 2nd half when we were put under a lot of pressure. TBH we should have been out of sight by half time.

Guy near me reckoned we are playing BRS out of position, for me if he's on the park he's out of position, just hope it was a precautionary measure to take Brad off, also looks like Liam Dick took a sore one, hopefully nothing too serious.

That's the Rovers way to win a game, dominate for 45 then hang on for grim life

For all the pressure late on in the game, both Dick and Lang were outstanding. Dick was charging down everything and took a few sore ones as you say - he did sclaff a clearance at one point but aside from that looked composed. Lang has been a revelation though. Last season you always had a fear about the likes of Davidson and Mendy making absolute howlers. Berra and Lang are a huge upgrade on both of those two. 

Superb first half, poor second. Great goals, especially Zanatta. With the people we had out, I’m just happy to get the win and a bit of clear daylight between the top 4 and the rest. Still a long way to go, but very promising. Agree that BRS looks a bit out of his depth. Relieved to have Matthew’s back next Saturday. Onwards and upwards.