Killie vs Queens 30th October 2021

That was brilliant, by far our best performance of the season, we played with so much energy, the formation and starting line up looked a lot more balanced and the subs weren't bad either, good stuff.

Don't get too carried away. Look at the opposition. You won't have an easier game all season. Queens Park will give you a better game.

Comfortable for Killie. We never even attempted to get anything from the game today. Utterly pathetic. Feel free to stay in Kilmarnock AJ.

That was very gentlemanly of McKay to stand back and wave Hendry through on goal for the third goal.

4-0 was probably a fair reflection on play.  AJ far too concerned about trying to stop the opposition instead of playing to our own strengths (whatever they are).  Time for him to clear his desk and jog on.

By the way, I've never experienced such slavering, sycophantic bootlicking commentary as that before.  Someone needs to have a word with the Killie media team to remind them that livestreams are not just for the benefit of home fans - especially since the majority of home fans were probably in the ground anyway and not watching online.

It might just be that today's result is of more use to us than a stuffy, narrow defeat, or even a goalless draw would have been.

Only a few hidings like this can bring about change.  I worry that the fact there are still sides below us will keep things stumbling along in the same unacceptable way.

Have to say the manner of that defeat was truly awful from start to finish. We were so easy to play against, completely toothless and zero attempt to win the game. As others have said the jury is well and truly out on this squad now. Much as the Cameron :Junior combo has plenty of negatives at least the ball doesn’t come straight back and they do occupy a back 4. Out of that debacle only Nditi, Gibson,Connolly and perhaps the keeper should be logical picks for next game. If any of the rest get dropped it is probably well overdue. Shocking tactics today and some truly dreadful individual performances.

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Don't get too carried away. Look at the opposition. You won't have an easier game all season. Queens Park will give you a better game.

Comfortable for Killie. We never even attempted to get anything from the game today. Utterly pathetic. Feel free to stay in Kilmarnock AJ.

Believe me, we have the ability to play awfully against poor opposition. That was a standard setting performance. 

That was absolutely pathetic. Tactics and performance which reflect Johnston’s defeatist rhetoric.

Johnston’s last two interviews ‘Kilmarnock are going to win the league’ ‘next two games away to premiership quality sides with premiership players’. I mean no wonder we got beat. I do believe we have some decent players that have got noticeably worse as the games have went on. That falls squarely at Johnston’s door I’m afraid. 

No idea where our next goal never mind win is coming from. 

Things are looking up. Best performance I've seen since Sir Stevie was in command.

Yes, QoS sar back but for the first time Killie pressed and gave them no time to get a string of passes. They were as the thoroughly excellent commentary said, patient. What a difference that made.

If, and it may be a big if, they can maintain this approach then winning the Championship is very possible.

One happy camper.

7 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It might just be that today's result is of more use to us than a stuffy, narrow defeat, or even a goalless draw would have been.

Only a few hidings like this can bring about change.  I worry that the fact there are still sides below us will keep things stumbling along in the same unacceptable way.

I have zero faith in the board to act appropriately.

5 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

I have zero faith in the board to act appropriately.

It might take time, but a defence of AJ is surely getting more difficult to create by the week.  I see his insistence on playing his son as leaving him especially open to attack.  The disruption caused by fielding the poor lad is crazy.  It's not as if AJ can point evidence of it being justified.

I think there was a bit of early season optimism, incl League Cup games, that we would be at least good to watch, if not quite good enough to challenge in the top half of the division, because we had brought in some energetic young players who could play at a higher tempo and were set up to be more attack minded. Sadly that early season optimism has disappeared along with the high tempo play and attacking threat. Everything we do is pedestrian, quick breaks from back to front are rare, we now  play how the opposition dictates that we play. We don't impose ourselves on games. We are frankly brutal to watch ( not that I wasted my time watching today) and until the Manager gets a bit of spark into the team and takes the decision to try and win games rather than not get beat, we'll continue to be brutal to watch and there's only one way we'll be heading, down, the same as crowd numbers will be. 

26 minutes ago, Riviera711 said:

Well done Killie, but I'm afraid we didn't put up too much opposition.

Fair summary. 

That's as much as I've enjoyed a Killie performance since the 3-0 Hearts after 16 mins, or the 5-0 v Hamilton. Dominated the ball, didn't look like conceding other than one or two wee scares, looked better going forward. 

Lovely problem for Wright now - Shaw banging them in, Hendry coming off the bench for a goal, Burke - could stick with the same starting 11 but the boys on the bench have a strong argument for a turn. 

Rory fantastic again. I'm sure the moaners will be along in a minute...

That was absolutely pathetic. Tactics and performance which reflect Johnston’s defeatist rhetoric.
Johnston’s last two interviews ‘Kilmarnock are going to win the league’ ‘next two games away to premiership quality sides with premiership players’. I mean no wonder we got beat. I do believe we have some decent players that have got noticeably worse as the games have went on. That falls squarely at Johnston’s door I’m afraid. 

No idea where our next goal never mind win is coming from. 

I am sorry but the players also have to shoulder an equal amount of responsibility for three defeats and an uninspiring point in 4 games. Some guys have become permanent fixtures in the side without delivering consistent performances that warrant that status. We can’t allow the last two performances to become the norm (both in terms of tactics and the execution of game plan) or League 1 beckons.