Normal Island

38 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Can’t wait for the meltdowns later when twitter is full of videos of invited guests not bothering their arses with the “People’s pledge”

Twitter's going to be insufferable though with videos of folk so bothered they'll film themselves doing it

Just now, Ned Nederlander said:

Twitter's going to be insufferable though with videos of folk so bothered they'll film themselves doing it

I'm hoping there is a bit where contenders can challenge, like Black Panther, and Harry swaggers up to the front M'Baku style

Police lock up people for having fabric straps to hold their signs up with.

This is a travesty as presumably now bicycle locks are banned in England and Wales under their new daft laws passed.

Ah, good old Britain, where you can be arrested for wearing the wrong kind of t-shirt. 

"Footage appeared to show demonstrators in "Not My King" t-shirts being arrested by police, including Graham Smith, CEO of Republic."

5 minutes ago, Dan Steele said:

Ah, good old Britain, where you can be arrested for wearing the wrong kind of t-shirt. 

"Footage appeared to show demonstrators in "Not My King" t-shirts being arrested by police, including Graham Smith, CEO of Republic."

He wasn't arrested for wearing a t shirt. 

1 minute ago, RuMoore said:

He wasn't arrested for wearing a t shirt. 

Arrested for "suspicion of having equipment for locking on".

They didnt, according to the BBC just now (well, until they were handcuffed, when they absolutely did !!).

1 minute ago, Molotov said:

There's a range of different arrestable offences that the police obviously have at their disposal. 

My point is complete pedantry but it's not for wearing a t shirt. I'm sure he'll be released without charge later on. 

3 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

There's a range of different arrestable offences that the police obviously have at their disposal. 

Which is fcuking ludicrous. It’s a fascist  regime.

Do you support such draconian measures?

3 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

My point is complete pedantry but it's not for wearing a t shirt. I'm sure he'll be released without charge later on. 

You're right. It seems he was also collecting drinks and placards. Police did say they'd adopt an extremely low threshold for arrests right enough, but is that not worrying?

8 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Which is fcuking ludicrous. It’s a fascist  regime.

Do you support such draconian measures?

8 minutes ago, Dan Steele said:

You're right. It seems he was also collecting drinks and placards. Police did say they'd adopt an extremely low threshold for arrests right enough, but is that not worrying?

Yeah I don't agree with the police here.. 

Edited by RuMoore

21 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

He almost certainly will be released without charge but is that not the point, the Met clearly couldn't wait to lock them up for a few hours, I don't get how that's not an abuse of their power, rather than policing a protest properly they are sticking folk in the cells as the easy option.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

He almost certainly will be released without charge but is that not the point, the Met clearly couldn't wait to lock them up for a few hours, I don't get how that's not an abuse of their power, rather than policing a protest properly they are sticking folk in the cells as the easy option.

The reason it's not an abuse of power is because they've managed to get ridiculous powers to deter protesters. 

The government have been disgraceful with this stuff over the past few years. 

9 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

The reason it's not an abuse of power is because they've managed to get ridiculous powers to deter protesters. 

The government have been disgraceful with this stuff over the past few years. 

It might not be an abuse of power but the law is certainly being applied unequally, because there is simply no chance that the pro royalty demonstration will be policed as strictly