Normal Island

50 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

You didn't try the "I have absolutely no interest in it" line?

From chat in my office, there was one guy out of 7 of us who watched it. 

I was curious to see just how many suggestions on how to watch it I was going to get. The conversation started off with him saying that he was thinking of travelling to London to take it in on Friday after work.

On 06/05/2023 at 18:56, Boghead ranter said:

Glasgow city council cutting care costs for the most vulnerable in society and spending over £7000 on that shite has me riled up. 

12 hours ago, Rizzo said:

Wound up having a conversation with a colleague at work this week and he was utterly affronted that I didn't plan on watching any of it. He managed to have an answer ready for all of my reasons as to why I wasn't watching it.

No TV licenece. No problem, the licence is being waived for the weekend (he read that somewhere).

No TV ariel. It's available on iPlayer.

Going to watch the football. That's OK, covergae starts at 11am.

Falkirk are playing Peterhead away from home so would be leaving the house just as it started. Ah well, I can watch it when I get back apparently.

Next week is going to be fun when I tell him I managed to catch some of it via "Ozzy Man Reviews".

No just tell him to GTF,none of his business why you choose not to watch it?

My old man was a bit taken aback that I hadn't been watching any of this shite.

It's amazing how some monarchists really don't get it and assume you'll step in line. Like being in primary school when everyone discovers that some of the kids aren't Christian - "aye, but you still celebrate Christmas, right?"

We caught some of it when out visiting. Chuckles was doing weird stuff - they were bringing him stuff just to touch, then taking it back. Then he put on one glove. 

In the style of the commentators hushed tones, Scott said "And now here comes the royal oven mitt"

25 minutes ago, 101 said:

The UKs largest police force giving it "sorry we arrested you we didn't mean it" as an excuse for their actions really is peak normal island.

30+ arrests with absolutely no charges, wee honest mistake.

The wife sat and watched it whilst the bairn and me went to Tim Hortons.  Shes not a massive Royals but she said she was watching to "see if it was worth the money".

Anyway, I'll order her some of the sausage vapes to keep her happy.

My wife watched the whole thing. Her conclusion was that she doesn't mind Charles but she doesn't really like Camilla. I'm sure she has her reasons but i really don’t care what they are. 

I saw a bit with a shreiking choir then went to the park instead. It was a bit drizzly. 

I watched parts of it and thought it was absolute rubbish. Not sure what I was expecting it to be like, but as non-religious person I found it totally bewildering. I also managed to miss the part where the crown was placed on Charles' head, so what a waste of time it was. 

Good to hear the Champions League anthem and see the Holy Hand Grenade I guess.