Normal Island

2 hours ago, BTFD said:

Aye, that looks like Head Over Heels. I use to have that exact joystick, incidentally - pretty decent, as I recall. Instant crash if you so much as breathed on the Kempston interface sticking out the back, though.

Can't imagine that anyone actually managed to rub one out to Sam Fox Strip Poker or Leisure Suit Larry, but anything's possible. Hot uncensored NSFW pics below for those too young to remember.

Reveal hidden contents

samantha-fos-strip-poker-1.png?w=500&h=3

image.jpeg.ce2bc2e2ccda7db007ac7ed2c7eb7ed1.jpeg

second photo has the same skin tone as most lassies these days! 

7 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

second photo has the same skin tone as most lassies these days! 

I've just realised that's not the four-colour CGA original. She was probably magenta in that one.

Modern kids don't know they're born, with their 16-colour EGA displays and 3.5" floppies.

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Pretty much any air traffic control system could be fucked by an error by an airline. A plane flying into the tower for instance. A pretty big error, but still an error.

Well that's true...

48 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I know that the oath of office for police in England and Wales is a pledge of allegiance to the king, id find that beyond what i’d be comfortable with. 

Does it involve not locking up his brother?

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I know that the oath of office for police in England and Wales is a pledge of allegiance to the king, id find that beyond what i’d be comfortable with. 

Should be allegiance to the Lodge first, King second.

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Given that big luggie apparently couldn't keep his own marriage oath to his first wife, he's got a d@mn cheek expecting anyone else to swear an oath to him.

Ah, the days when geeky VLs such as myself could make cutting-edge double-entendres about floppies that confused the auld yins.

Now, we are the confused auld yins  :(

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I know you’ll laugh etc, but i genuinely dont know a single mason, i have heard from folks who have retired and know it was massive right up until the 90’s but not now. 

No chance you don’t know a mason. You might not know they’re a mason, but you must know at least one.

11 minutes ago, mathematics said:

No chance you don’t know a mason. You might not know they’re a mason, but you must know at least one.

This might be a "I don't know any racists" situation, where ICR just hasn't looked at their social media.

The only mason I've ever met was an auld boy who tried to sign me up at a few charity events, but it's possible there are tons of them kicking about who haven't died yet and they just don't talk about it with regular folk. You do get the impression that it's very much an aging organisation that'll probably be dead in a few decades, but maybe that's just what they want us all to think.

54 minutes ago, mathematics said:

No, i know a few people who are masons, just not in the police. Tbh the guys i know are more interested in golfing than wearing an apron etc. given most of the folks in response teams now are 20-30’s id say theres very little interest in the masons etc. 

8 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

No, i know a few people who are masons, just not in the police. Tbh the guys i know are more interested in golfing than wearing an apron etc. given most of the folks in response teams now are 20-30’s id say theres very little interest in the masons etc. 

ah, my mistake, apologies.

9 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Golfers, masons, same thing - rituals, funny clothes, misogynistic environment etc.

13 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I know you’ll laugh etc, but i genuinely dont know a single mason, i have heard from folks who have retired and know it was massive right up until the 90’s but not now. 

My dad was one, and my brother is one. 

One of my mates is a funeral director and he is one as well. He tells me that he has loads and loads of cases given to him by the family members of masons. Membership is falling so when old guys die, the families are left with all kinds of stuff they don't know what to do with. They give it to him and it ends up stacked with all the rest.  It really is dying out. 

One thing my brother found interesting - when my dad died he got all his masonic stuff. Looking through it, there was stuff from the lodges in Egypt during WWII that my grandfather was a member of. 

12 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

As the very wise kaiser soze once said,the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was fooling people into thinking he didn't exist

4 hours ago, scottsdad said:

My dad was one, and my brother is one.

One thing my brother found interesting - when my dad died he got all his masonic stuff. Looking through it, there was stuff from the lodges in Egypt during WWII that my grandfather was a member of. 

Lodge Cheops 175 was the one to be in.