Normal Island

1 hour ago, BTFD said:

What's supposed to happen to proceeds of crime here? In some parts of America it literally goes towards police activities and retirement funds, which strikes me as lunacy unless you actively want corruption.

Here's where I again mention that a charity I worked for handed thousands of pounds over to the polis that had probably been picked up in a house clearance after someone died - it was found in a random box in a black bag, and we'd no idea where it had come from, as it had been moved about between locations several times before being opened, and house clearance and donations are a daily occurrence. The polis lied about their procedures for dealing with lost money, didn't issue the correct documentation upon receipt of it, and later admitted they'd just stuck it in a fund for police social activities. Took the involvement of the BoD and local MP to get an admission that they'd have to return the money as it hadn't been claimed, and after a couple of years they still hadn't actually handed it over. At one point they were claiming the guy who wrote the cheques was always on holiday or in another building  :lol:

So, if you ever find money and would like to keep it if the owner can't be found, I STRONGLY ADVISE against polis involvement.

The Court collects the forfeiture/confiscation money and it goes to the Scottish Government who build kiddies playgrounds and the like. Or that's what we're told.

As for keeping any money you come across there's a chap called Chigurh wanting a word ..

Pablo Escobar's supposed to have sunk millions into community projects like kiddies playgrounds, with the cynically-minded claiming it was so the people would protect him from the authorities.

Scotland needs a better class of drug dealer.

2 hours ago, BTFD said:

Pablo Escobar's supposed to have sunk millions into community projects like kiddies playgrounds, with the cynically-minded claiming it was so the people would protect him from the authorities.

Scotland needs a better class of drug dealer.

It’s buying loyalty. Very common tactic for criminals who operate in areas of high poverty, they provide way more to the community than the state who are trying to shut them down, therefore the community never want to grass

2 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

It’s buying loyalty. Very common tactic for criminals who operate in areas of high poverty, they provide way more to the community than the state who are trying to shut them down, therefore the community never want to grass

Tories and 'red wall' vibes.

6 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Tories and 'red wall' vibes.

Only Escobar apparently did do stuff for the community. The Tories say they will, then tell their wealthy neighbours in the south that they're going to redirect funds for Hartlepool food banks to the Little Twitherington Village Green Upkeep Committee admin fund.

Carlos Escobar; more decent, trustworthy, and better for business than the Conservative Party.

12 hours ago, tamthebam said:

The Court collects the forfeiture/confiscation money and it goes to the Scottish Government who build kiddies playgrounds and the like. Or that's what we're told.

As for keeping any money you come across there's a chap called Chigsy wanting a word ..

FTFY.

Perfectly normal for a newspaper to run a story about the fruit-eating habits of a dead wummin. 

'Royal chef shares odd way Queen Elizabeth II would eat a pear - 'no eating like a monkey'

According to a royal insider, Queen Elizabeth II had an unusual way of eating pears".

5 minutes ago, Dan Steele said:

Perfectly normal for a newspaper to run a story about the fruit-eating habits of a dead wummin. 

'Royal chef shares odd way Queen Elizabeth II would eat a pear - 'no eating like a monkey'

According to a royal insider, Queen Elizabeth II had an unusual way of eating pears".

Certainly not monkey-like. More like...lizard

17 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Unless it turns out she digested them by sticking them up her arse, I couldn't care less.

So if I'm reading this correctly, you'd be interested in discussing the late Queen shoving pears up her rectum?

31 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

So if I'm reading this correctly, you'd be interested in discussing the late Queen shoving pears up her rectum?

Only from the point of view that it would further reinforce my long-standing perception that the entire family are a bunch of depraved, deviant, genetically insufficient weirdos.

I mean, if I was honestly sexually interested in watching a woman shove objects up her rectum, then there are plenty of places where that sort of stuff is readily available. According to a friend.

3 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I’m not a monarchist and generally have very little interest in Royal stories 

but I’d also struggle not to be distracted by that one

3 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Only from the point of view that it would further reinforce my long-standing perception that the entire family are a bunch of depraved, deviant, genetically insufficient weirdos.

I mean, if I was honestly sexually interested in watching a woman shove objects up her rectum, then there are plenty of places where that sort of stuff is readily available. According to a friend.

Didn't know you were friends with @BTFD