Normal Island

Of course, I haven't actually read any articles or commentaries on her late Maj's personal method of eating pears, so if it turns out that it is something as wild as sticking them up her hoop, I reserve the right to closely examine the testimony and draw my own conclusions. 

Note- "testimony", not "evidence".

1 minute ago, Boo Khaki said:

Of course, I haven't actually read any articles or commentaries on her late Maj's personal method of eating pears, so if it turns out that it is something as wild as sticking them up her hoop, I reserve the right to closely examine the testimony and draw my own conclusions. 

Note- "testimony", not "evidence".

Never mind individual statements on the pear eating issue, let's get together and have a Conference.....

There was a historical drama on a few years ago, Cranworth or something, where the only acceptable way for a lady to eat fruit was on her own in a room with the curtains closed. Make fruit special! 

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

There was a historical drama on a few years ago, Cranworth or something, where the only acceptable way for a lady to eat fruit was on her own in a room with the curtains closed. Make fruit special! 

Hmm... if you were going to stick it up yer arsehole, that would be the perfect set of circumstances under which to indulge.

Edit - I'd imagine so, anyway.

Edited by Boo Khaki

9 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Hmm... if you were going to stick it up yer arsehole, that would be the perfect set of circumstances under which to indulge.

Edit - I'd imagine so, anyway.

Not for the camera crew outside the window.

(I've never seen Cranworth)

I decided to do some further research on the topic and I found this

The royal family's eating habits have long been a source of fascination. Known for their sweet teeth, the senior royals often finish a meal with a piece of fruit, with bananas, apples, pineapples, peaches, grapes and pears on the menu for the Queen, Princess Anne and co. – but did you know about the unusual way they eat them?

In line with a long-standing tradition, royals aren't allowed to eat food using their hands

Source "Royals' unusual fruit-eating habits": Hello Magazine 9th june 2021
https://www.hellomagazine.com/cuisine/20210609115011/royal-fruit-eating-habits-revealed/

The royals are an absolute national freakshow that we're also supposed to worship.

People just can't get enough of the weird details of their lives, and would be disappointed to find out they do anything at all like everyone else.

FFS will somebody just provide a brief rundown on this 'unusual way they eat fruit' please?

Am I f**k giving Hello! magazine clicks.

The 'unusual way' is just going to be some utterly banal shite like the fruit is peeled for them and they eat it with a fork or something, isn't it?

#notobsessedwiththeroyals

3 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

FFS will somebody just provide a brief rundown on this 'unusual way they eat fruit' please?

Am I f**k giving Hello! magazine clicks.

The 'unusual way' is just going to be some utterly banal shite like the fruit is peeled for them and they eat it with a fork or something, isn't it?

#notobsessedwiththeroyals

They probably eat the peel and pits too, the weirdos.

2 hours ago, Bob in Denny said:

Talking aboot the Royals..

the Groom of the Stool post hasn't been filled since the early 1900s...

I'm sure I remember the tabloids saying decades ago that King Chuck's valet was expected to do that for him.

This being a normal island, absolutely nobody said, "WTF? Why are we still worshipping these idle oddballs?"

1 hour ago, BTFD said:

They probably eat the peel and pits too, the weirdos.

I'm sure I remember the tabloids saying decades ago that King Chuck's valet was expected to do that for him.

This being a normal island, absolutely nobody said, "WTF? Why are we still worshipping these idle oddballs?"

One day, and I hope it is soon, the people of the country will have a "the Emperor has no clothes" moment and go... " Eh? This waste of space thinks he was appointed by a God and we all have to worship him and appoint his descendants as Head of State be they Nobel Prize winners, warmongers, sex offenders, idiots or feckless layabouts? Aye, that'll be right!"